PDA

View Full Version : Poor WRX

Thrust
07-11-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't usually bully people, but I was board and never raced a wrx before. Friday night 7-8-05, I (along with 1 other 04 cobra and a 03 mach 1) was rolling down I85 heading towards Atlanta. As we passed the Jimmy Carter exit I saw a silver modded wrx comming down the on ramp pretty fast. We took turns lining up with him, but traffic was too thick to get a good run in. There wern't alot of cars out, they were just spaced where you couldn't really get a good feel for the wrx's potential. Eventually traffic cleared up and I lined up next to him.

As I pulled even with the wrx there wern't any cars in his lane, but there was one ahead in mine (about 5 cars up). I held steady In 3rd and looked over at him. I was getting ready to switch over to a empty lane, when suddenly he just gunned it. He knew that I wasn't able to excellrate with him due to the car in my lane, so I watched him build a 3 or 4 car head start.
I wanted to see if I could catch him before he stopped speeding off.

I went wot and switched over into his lane. He was still at wot as I rapidly came up behind him. I quickly shifted to 4th and merged over to the right and passed him so fast that I am sure that his car shook. :wtf: I slowed back down and my friends caught back up to me and we went on our way.
This was by no means a fly-by, and I hate cocky bastards that pick on slower cars. But I gave him a 4 car head start so I guess that that was fair enough. :D
I don't know if the wrx guy posts here or not, But if you do you have a very cool car. :goodjob:

flysi00
07-11-2005, 05:45 PM
nice kill

Speedm0(\)key
07-11-2005, 07:38 PM
sweeet kill, i have a friend with that new sand silver color. just has Cobb Maps and 3'' Turbo back exhaust.. everyhthing in the exterior is stock, and its wingless.. was it him?

Thrust
07-11-2005, 08:02 PM
No, this one had a spoiler and was one of the bug eye models.

gtikid
07-12-2005, 10:22 PM
the dude works with me...i went up to him at work and was like "hey did you race a couple of mustangs the other day?" he was like "yea, i hung with them pretty good." i was like "bullshit, i heard you just took off and he came up and flew by you hard." he was like "naw i hung with them." hahaha he talks a lot of crap, some ricer dude...he's known to talk a lot of trash

Negrodamus
07-12-2005, 10:27 PM
the dude works with me...i went up to him at work and was like "hey did you race a couple of mustangs the other day?" he was like "yea, i hung with them pretty good." i was like "bullshit, i heard you just took off and he came up and flew by you hard." he was like "naw i hung with them." hahaha he talks a lot of crap, some ricer dude...he's known to talk a lot of trash
hahaha....

PSINXS
07-12-2005, 10:34 PM
SOunds like a guy at my job. he has midpipes and exhaust on his car and he said its the fastest in the lot cuz its AWD. i can easily take em but he refuses to race me. never showed up against my buddy's evo. wont race my friend's cobra(500whp but he dont know it) says he runs mid 13s but claims he hung wih an sti? I rode in it still feels stock, my buddy drove it and his 13sec gt could beat it like cake. I think he is retarded. his clutch slips, got exhaust leaks so it sounds like a lawnmower, and the paint looks pink.

Thrust
07-12-2005, 11:46 PM
HA HA HA, Thats pretty good! You should tell him to post on here and explain his version of what went down. I didn't want to go so far as to say that he got owned, But it was pretty ugly.

Okay, he was :smileowne

b0ki
07-24-2005, 11:39 PM
.... the wrx is only a little I4 with turbo ; p and cobra a fucing V8 Boosted .... dont be proub of that come against me iam only a Inline 6 no boost ; p

Thrust
07-24-2005, 11:59 PM
.... the wrx is only a little I4 with turbo ; p and cobra a fucing V8 Boosted .... dont be proub of that come against me iam only a Inline 6 no boost ; p

:confused: From what little of your post that I could translate, I guess that you are challenging me? I am not proud of running a wrx, just having alittle fun. If that was your m3 going up aginst the srt4 then I might have to pass.
stock m3's scare me. Mod it, and then we can play.

Batman
07-25-2005, 04:09 PM
good kill, you only had about 200whp on him..haha

Speedm0(\)key
07-25-2005, 10:55 PM
it was just a kill... i mean he wouldnt have known what the WRX had done.. so he ran it big deal.. dont get butthurt. its hard to tell how much a WRX has done so from what ive witnessed alot of people do try to run them. i mean i used to get that all the time.. alot of domestic owners try to run the STi.. i mean.. most assumed we just slapped an exhaust on an STi (prior to FMIC).. now alot of them get intimidated.. and we arent sick fast but i guess the point is theres no way most of them would even be close to knowing what we have unless they ran me.

domestic guys are usually pretty cool to us. and i dont mind tellin them what i have.. shit ill do it now

Cobb Accessport Stg 2 (untuned) old map (301awhp 317awtq) newer map (est: 330+awhp 350+awtq)
Injen Cold air intake // Injen Front Mount intercooler
Perrin Catless 3'' downpipe div wst/gte, HKS hi power 3'' cat back
and a cool kartboy shortshifter hehe

1439/2000
07-26-2005, 12:20 PM
and the paint looks pink.

Pink subarus are sick.

1439/2000
07-26-2005, 12:23 PM

Huh?

I have an inline 4 with a turbo.....my car isnt slow. I think you're confused.

jt money
07-26-2005, 02:13 PM
its not inline its horazontally aposed. http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9873/22222222222222227vd.gif

FDslider
07-26-2005, 06:04 PM
^ hahaha, b0ki = OWNED!!!

Big Baller
07-26-2005, 09:52 PM
My buddy rick has an 04 Cobra with basically the same mods you have. He pulls my wrx on pump gas very easily(340hp). You have to love the torque Line(curve) produce by roots style blowers.

Matt

auxiliary
07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
subaru's are slow.

Genya
07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Dont hate :-p

1439/2000
07-26-2005, 11:16 PM
jimmy is mad because his tranny blew up a few times.

and ricks car is nice... i remember he wanted to run my 240 on the highway. hmmmm nah i'll pass.

Genya
07-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Ahh im just givin jimmy hell ;) Lovely VR-4.

auxiliary
07-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Ahh im just given jimmy hell ;) Lovely VR-4.

I will give it to you though, your car is sick.

And you should buy those JIC's for your L.

burnsman12
08-09-2005, 09:29 PM
STI's and the normal wrx are not too much to worry with once they get rolling. Stock srt-4's have taken out some pretty modded wrx's.(From a roll of course)

Speedm0(\)key
08-10-2005, 12:27 AM
STI's and the normal wrx are not too much to worry with once they get rolling. Stock srt-4's have taken out some pretty modded wrx's.(From a roll of course)

thats kinda dumb. what do you mean pretty modded?... exhaust/intake?... a turboback exhaust WRX with a decent reflash (and thats what i consider a barely modded WRX) would murder a STOCK srt4 from a stop or a roll...

well modded would be say.... something easy and cheap for a GDB.... say STi injectors, turboback exhaust, FMIC, intake, VF34 turbo and a good tune

bigb996
08-10-2005, 12:49 PM
i think a lot of you have a misconception on wrx owners. As a whole most of us are not ricers, well i havnt met one yet and are all just laid back guys who enjoy cars(now there are gonna be some that are jerks or think they are better than everyone, but thats all car groups). The wrx is not a drag car imo its made to ride in the dirt, gravel, tarmac. I think the srt4 is a good matchup but it also has more hp/tq than a stock wrx. The awd only benefits with traction/taking turns. Launching a wrx is a b*tch none the less. I think the cobra beating a wrx is a kill but a good kill? Now beating a well modded sti/wrx would be a good kill.

technoteg97
08-10-2005, 12:53 PM
id Buy an Evo over a STI any day.

jt money
08-10-2005, 01:01 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah:

the arguement was that the stock srt4 would kill a well modded sti or wrx. ;)
not of your dreams of havin an evo. :D

curves
08-10-2005, 08:55 PM
dude is burning in your picture. a monk of sort.

Speedm0(\)key
08-10-2005, 09:58 PM

yeah, if easier power is what you want, you should pick an evo over an STi due to its superior aftermarket, however... the STi's dont have the problems evos do, we dont have a weak clutch, we dont break shit nearly as often (ie transfer cases) and is just much more of a car inside and out.

in the 350z i pull away from stock srt4's fairly easy after 80mph.. anything before that they put up one hell of a fight/and or even have a small lead, ive messed around with a couple of them with upped boost (sorry.. cant say what they had nor guess due to my lack of srt4 knowledge) and stuff and i still end up pulling away way up top

i cant pull away from a tbe/intake/cobb stg 2 WRX till 130mph'ish

Speedm0(\)key
08-10-2005, 10:00 PM
ooops sorry dou ble post

burnsman12
08-10-2005, 11:23 PM
GFB Pulleys, TXS Dual stage boost controller(18#'s) Perrin Uppie, and Stromung downpipe. from a dig stock srt4 got walked at first then caught it, but from a 20 roll walked the wrx. And on the turn up boost, it doesnt really do anything on a stock turbo since it is already pushed to its limits. Another one had VF30, FMIC, Exhaust, ect. Srt MBC(17#'s) got beat all the way to 110 from a dig, but then from a 20 roll walked the guy. Grant it the wrx is far better when it comes to turns but if one wants a straight up drag car nothing more nothing less the SRT is a great buy.
-Brian

auxiliary
08-11-2005, 12:26 AM
god, but it's a neon. How can you argue that?

It maybe faster in a straight line, but your car is the second most rented car behind the Caviler.

I would take a fucking 2.5 rs any day over a SRT-4. Not only that, but like a 97 2.5rs.

Going fast on the highway isn't that hard to do, and any WRX can do it. But a WRX is a very well rounded car from the factory. It's quick, not super fast, handles well. Seats 4 people, and has power windows in the back.

...and they'll make one next year. Can you say that for the srt-4?

Speedm0(\)key
08-11-2005, 12:57 AM

It maybe faster in a straight line, but your car is the second most rented car behind the Caviler.

I would take a fucking 2.5 rs any day over a SRT-4. Not only that, but like a 97 2.5rs.

Going fast on the highway isn't that hard to do, and any WRX can do it. But a WRX is a very well rounded car from the factory. It's quick, not super fast, handles well. Seats 4 people, and has power windows in the back.

thats not what its about, you cant really bash the SRT4, for what it is you get alot... regardless those are some bullshit mods on a WRX and thats no joke.

JITB
08-11-2005, 11:58 AM

is that a argument.
what does rental base model Neons have to do with SRT4's?

The wrx is an all around car but it costs a bit more, and its really in a whole nother class than the srt4 its just so happent hat the srt4 almost outperformes everything else fwd out. And the ACR SRT4 is actually a road race ready car, and handles pretty good.

There not making supras or rx7s/nsxs anymore does that make the wrx better?

And why is it everytime someone beats a wrx or EVO everyoen says, "its not made for drag racing" Well since when is a "NEON" considered a drag racing car?

Kevykev
08-11-2005, 01:35 PM

LOLOLOLOL!

bigb996
08-11-2005, 02:14 PM
i must agree the evo is not nearly as reliable. The srt4 imo will not be reliable when it hits 100k+ miles. I mean its possible but american cars just arnt made as well as the Japanese market cars. I have owned 3 mopar cars in my life and had problems with all 3. The mitsu dealers are handing out awsome warranties right now though to bring in sales so i will give htem that. The neon is a great car for the price however i agree its ina diff class than these cars it hink its more in the Type R class personally. I think that these kill stories are kinda dumb. For example this guy on the scion forums tried to claim with exhaust and intake on his TC he raped a sti. Now im not saying its not possible but cmon? People do the same thing talking about evos, and srt4s. I just odnt understand how bragging on the internet claims you anything. My :2cents:

flysi00
08-11-2005, 03:25 PM
i must agree the evo is not nearly as reliable. The srt4 imo will not be reliable when it hits 100k+ miles. I mean its possible but american cars just arnt made as well as the Japanese market cars. I have owned 3 mopar cars in my life and had problems with all 3. The mitsu dealers are handing out awsome warranties right now though to bring in sales so i will give htem that. The neon is a great car for the price however i agree its ina diff class than these cars it hink its more in the Type R class personally. I think that these kill stories are kinda dumb. For example this guy on the scion forums tried to claim with exhaust and intake on his TC he raped a sti. Now im not saying its not possible but cmon? People do the same thing talking about evos, and srt4s. I just odnt understand how bragging on the internet claims you anything. My :2cents:

cuz u mad cuz the sr20 took your wrx lol just fucking with ya man

bigb996
08-11-2005, 03:28 PM
man i had you you till you got off the exit to 85! haha....

flysi00
08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
man i had you you till you got off the exit to 85! haha....

SHIT.............. idk about that one

bigb996
08-13-2005, 04:40 PM
haha maybee one day we will actually race.....get your car ready to go 100% lemme get some more stuff and your set man.....hehe

Monoxide
08-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Nice kill man.... But i hate to get off topic. I have a 02 gti. Pretty modded. Its kinda loud and ricers here me letting off preasure so the rev up at me all the time. And i usually dont run them. But this nice little teal coupe with im sure was a DOHC swap of some sort pulled that shit. I had to listen to thats a chicks car for like a whole red light. Then off the light i slowy let of of first while this guy was wot. And i still got him so. Im sure he kicked his self for that one. All i have to say is he asked for it and he got a fair warning. I told him it wasnt a KKK anymore. But hell they're ricers they dont know any better
~Later~

bigb996
08-20-2005, 01:16 PM
i hate that man surprisingly i got more harrassment in my spec v than in my rex. I hate people that always wanna race. Screw that i have outgrown that stage in my life. You wanna race lets take it to the track ya know.

flysi00
08-20-2005, 02:09 PM
haha maybee one day we will actually race.....get your car ready to go 100% lemme get some more stuff and your set man.....hehe

it will be done soon every soon i think lol hahahahahahahaha

white99gt
08-20-2005, 10:25 PM

Oh here we go.

THe typical i lost because you got a v8 :rolleyes: .

There are some sweet wrx's around.But like anything else out there.You really dont know what its got to you try it.

There are plenty of fast 4cyls ,I6 and v8's.Its just cheaper to do it v8 style. :D