PDA

View Full Version : does someone want to say this isnt a crime either?

OneSlow5pt0
07-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Burned Cat Clings to Life; Girls Charged

By Associated Press

document.write(getElapsed("20070718T235009Z"));2 hours agoUPDATED 1 HOUR 43 MINUTES AGO

COTATI, Calif. - A 3-month-old cat is clinging to life at a Sonoma County animal hospital after having been set on fire by two teenage girls who now face charges of animal cruelty.

The kitten, named Adam by hospital staff, has undergone two surgeries and had its tail and the tips of its ears amputated. The skin on its back was burned off in the attack, leaving nothing but raw tissue.

"The degree of injury is greater than our normal level of trauma that we care for," said Katheryn Hinkle, the head veterinarian and owner of the Animal Hospital of Cotati. "He's our most critical patient, and we're watching him constantly."

The cat, one of several feral felines trapped for spaying and neutering, was in a cage outside an apartment in Santa Rosa when two 15-year-old girls allegedly poured flammable liquid on the animal and set it on fire last month.

An 11-year-old boy and his friend saw the smoke and heard the cat, then eight weeks old, shrieking while the girls laughed. The girls, whose names have not been released, were charged with cruelty to animals in Sonoma County Juvenile Court last week.

With so much exposed skin, the cat is vulnerable to infection, Hinkle said. It cannot leave its cage and must be handled only with gloves. It will need several more surgeries to cover the wound on its back with skin.

The kitten was among six wild litter mates and a male cat captured by a trapper on a farm. The plan was to have the cats spayed and neutered and then released back to the farm. The cages with the kittens were stolen and only Adam has been found.

According to Hinkle, the bill to keep the kitten alive could run between $20,000 and $30,000 even though the vet performing its surgeries has donated her services. The community's concern for the cat has prompted anger in some Sonoma County residents, who complain that the slaying of a 16-year-old boy in the same neighborhood last year did not receive as much attention.

xLSTONEx
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Ehh, i hate cats. Let those girls go!!!

OneSlow5pt0
Ehh, i hate cats. Let those girls go!!!

i hate u:D

but still how do these people think,that makes them hurt animals?

Stormhammer
The community's concern for the cat has prompted anger in some Sonoma County residents, who complain that the slaying of a 16-year-old boy in the same neighborhood last year did not receive as much attention.

If the 16 year old boy was burned alive it would have gotten as much attention. Whoever slayed him failed.

xLSTONEx
07-18-2007, 09:06 PM
And its stupid to spend 30,000 to save a fucking cats life. That should be a crime.

Kamikaze
07-18-2007, 09:07 PM
I'll never understand how people will shell out thousands in medical expenses for an animal, yet you have plenty of people in desperate need of medial attention and can't afford it. Something isn't right about that picture.

OneSlow5pt0
07-18-2007, 09:07 PM
If the 16 year old boy was burned alive it would have gotten as much attention. Whoever slayed him failed.

lol.he probbly some gangbanger so none cared

coolcat
07-18-2007, 09:15 PM
I hope those two bitches get violenty skullfucked to a slow painfull death, people like this need to just be killed in the most brutal and descusting way possible. I can't believe those two whores could have done something like that.

I would personally pay good money for those girls to be very slowly fed into a meat grinder feet first, over the period of a few weeks. Honestly I don't see why the old system of eye for an eye be enforced anymore.

babowc
07-18-2007, 09:25 PM
ROFL
what the fuck.
just euthanize the damn cat.

why put it through more pain?

can people not make reasonable decisions now?
lol @ stupidity.

koukis14
07-18-2007, 11:01 PM
And its stupid to spend 30,000 to save a fucking cats life. That should be a crime.

I think what the girls did was very bad, I also hate cats. I think those girls should have the living fuck beaten out of them. I also think whoever ok'd spending 30k to keep a cat alive should have the living shit kicked out of them too.

Echonova
07-18-2007, 11:37 PM
And its stupid to spend 30,000 to save a fucking cats life. That should be a crime.Werd. What does a bullet run these days? 27 cents... How 'bout I "cure" the cat and you send me a check for the remaining balance of $29,999.73.

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2007, 11:41 PM
fuck a cat, throw that bitch in the dryer, should take care everything then :yes:

Echonova
07-18-2007, 11:42 PM
fuck a cat, throw that bitch in the dryer, should take care everything then :yes:BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :goodjob: +100 for Jooooooo

OneSlow5pt0
07-18-2007, 11:44 PM
LOL,that shit was funny....yea,the cat probbly should have been put down,but u gotta feel sorry for it,for what it had to go through

Psycho
07-19-2007, 01:54 AM
What does a bullet run these days? 27 cents
you use crappy amunition:tongue1:

TIGERJC
07-19-2007, 02:41 AM
why don't they put the poor creature down, 30k on a animal that prolly only live for another year is not a good investment. They should have just put that pre cook cat to sleep or give it to that Chinese restaurant located near the BP in gnet

Humphrizzle
07-19-2007, 02:53 AM
guess they wanted to be like JJalfano's mom.