PDA

View Full Version : strut ???

The BUCKY
07-18-2007, 10:53 AM
are civic hatch and crx struts diff. like are they longer. i just put a set on my rex with ebay coils and it sits higher lol. i also put a traction bar on it that helps

AnTi-PooN
07-18-2007, 11:18 AM
hmmm..... i would think they'd be the same i know that the brake system is different..... did you get the engine runnin yet?

The BUCKY
07-18-2007, 11:34 AM
nope just sat it down and the front is like sky high lol

AnTi-PooN
07-18-2007, 11:45 AM
lol i replaced that hose yesterday and now it acts like it's going to overheat and still seaps out a little bit i dont know wtf is going on

bigdare23
07-18-2007, 12:11 PM
all 89-91 ef struts should be the same

The BUCKY
07-18-2007, 12:33 PM
well shit. why is my rex all jacked up and shit lol. the traction bar wouldnt do that would it

The BUCKY
07-18-2007, 04:25 PM
help!!!!

bigdare23
07-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Damn that funny??? Really doubt the struts would do that. What springs are on the struts? I tried to install aftermarket eg springs on my rex (like a jackass), and it jacked my car up.

The BUCKY
07-18-2007, 05:52 PM
ebay coils
the back is lowered alot just the front is whack

bigdare23
07-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Damn I'm thinking about it, are those struts new? If your rex struts were worn, the car could of settled and the new strut might of put them back to the orignal high.

(CRXs are jacked up pretty high stock, just look at some of halfwits old pics)

The BUCKY
07-18-2007, 05:58 PM
nah i think they are blown infact

StraightSix
07-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Shocks/struts will never cause a car to sit high or low. They only provide damping for the spring force so that the car doesn't bounce all over the place as the suspension returns to equilibrium.

My suspicion is the eBay coilovers are where you should start looking. Ride height will be set based on the settings of the lower spring perch, or coilover collar, and spring rate. Too high of a spring rate for the front could cause the front to sit high. If the coilover collar is too high on the strut body that will also cause the ride height to be too high.

Another thought I had, if the sleeves were swapped front to rear, that could cause a problem, too.

The BUCKY
07-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Shocks/struts will never cause a car to sit high or low. They only provide damping for the spring force so that the car doesn't bounce all over the place as the suspension returns to equilibrium.

My suspicion is the eBay coilovers are where you should start looking. Ride height will be set based on the settings of the lower spring perch, or coilover collar, and spring rate. Too high of a spring rate for the front could cause the front to sit high. If the coilover collar is too high on the strut body that will also cause the ride height to be too high.

Another thought I had, if the sleeves were swapped front to rear, that could cause a problem, too.

shocks/struts can cause a car to sit higher if they have a longer body on them

ebay coil overs are all the same on all 4 corners. the car has a bigger motor than stock so more weight in the front so it should sit lower. the collar is not to high and the coils are at their lowest setting.

moral of the story: i am not that big of an idiot

Whiteboy™
07-18-2007, 10:43 PM
2 words: Traction Bar
/thread

I doubt the traction bar would raise the car since it just replaces the crossmember and attaches to the lca, but never know.

The BUCKY
07-18-2007, 10:48 PM
lol gay

bigdare23
07-19-2007, 05:59 AM
2 words: Traction Bar
/thread

I doubt the traction bar would raise the car since it just replaces the crossmember and attaches to the lca, but never know.

I doubt the traction bar would raise the car since it just replaces the crossmember and attaches to the lca, but never know...

StraightSix
07-19-2007, 07:35 AM
moral of the story: i am not that big of an idiot

I'll refrain in the future from trying to help if you're going to jump to conclusions. Even the best techs overlook the bascis on occasion.

Oh, and I have no knowledge of your skill level or background, either. I've known enough people who were proficient in one area but completely clueless in others.

The BUCKY
07-19-2007, 09:33 AM
I'll refrain in the future from trying to help if you're going to jump to conclusions. Even the best techs overlook the bascis on occasion.

Oh, and I have no knowledge of your skill level or background, either. I've known enough people who were proficient in one area but completely clueless in others.

i was just being stupid chill

Whiteboy™
07-19-2007, 11:14 AM
BUCKY!!!! your phone is being gay again.

The BUCKY
07-19-2007, 11:25 AM
are you serious^^^^

The BUCKY
07-19-2007, 01:21 PM
fixed haha but these bitches are still not low enough for the wheels. lol damnit. pics soon

bigdare23
07-19-2007, 01:23 PM
fixed haha but these bitches are still not low enough for the wheels. lol damnit. pics soon

how?