PDA

View Full Version : Mac or Pc

nvmysrt
07-17-2007, 09:59 PM
note the title says 'or' not 'v.s.'....i've always had a pc and am pretty good with the ins and outs of them...i can build them and have experience with programing, but i've been looking at apple and what they have to offer lately. i'm simply curious is to what others out there are using and why.....let discuss.

Kyle
07-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Mac. I have hated every PC I have owned, so I finally made the switch to mac. Its easy to use, really fast, doesn't freeze, and its virus free.

nvmysrt
07-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Mac. I have hated every PC I have owned, so I finally made the switch to mac. Its easy to use, really fast, doesn't freeze, and its virus free.
i've never owned a mac and have little to no experience with them....whats the OS like? similar to windows? do you have and compatability issues...sorry if i sound completely dumb to them...but in reality i am.

canadianrcis
07-17-2007, 10:10 PM
pc ftw.... end of story.

nvmysrt
07-17-2007, 10:15 PM
^^^why tho....no real supporting thoughts and or points...all i've known are pc's...so does that make them better? NO! so how bout some input.

Ch0psticks11
07-17-2007, 10:18 PM
mac FTW!!! i've got an iBook that i've had for about 3 years now. NEVER had a virus. works real well. i've never had any compatibility problems. i like it cuz all the viruses that are out there and that people create are for computers with windows which is a BIG plus. so i'd definitely go with the mac, it's not hard to use. the OS is a little different from Windows but not impossible to learn.

nvmysrt
07-17-2007, 10:21 PM
mac FTW!!! i've got an iBook that i've had for about 3 years now. NEVER had a virus. works real well. i've never had any compatibility problems. i like it cuz all the viruses that are out there and that people create are for computers with windows which is a BIG plus. so i'd definitely go with the mac, it's not hard to use. the OS is a little different from Windows but not impossible to learn.
thanks for the input...what made you go mac? anyboey else

Kyle
07-17-2007, 10:28 PM
i've never owned a mac and have little to no experience with them....whats the OS like? similar to windows? do you have and compatability issues...sorry if i sound completely dumb to them...but in reality i am.
Its similar I guess. It kinda depends on what aspect you are referring to. But...not being able to right click kinda blows(I could if I bought a mouse). Every now and then I have compatibility issues but most everything is made for mac and windows these days.

TheGodfather
07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
PC always. I hate everything about Macs.

chrisdavis
07-18-2007, 12:11 AM
^^^why tho....no real supporting thoughts and or points...all i've known are pc's...so does that make them better? NO! so how bout some input.

Look at his avatar (Nvidia) He is a gamer and PC > Mac for gaming.

osnap
07-18-2007, 02:03 AM
id join in this conversation but im a shamelessly biased Mac zealot.... so yeah. PM me if you have any specific questions. lol.

auxiliary
07-18-2007, 06:48 AM
I purchased a mac about a year ago. I had no previous knowledge about them or knew anything about them, lol. I was just out to find something different. I was in the same boat you where in that I had always used PC's.

When I first got a mac it was kind of....difficult. The reason was when you use a PC for so long you train your mind to do things. Copy and paste thing, save files. Most of it is right click dependent. Now you can get a 2-button mouse for a mac but on my lap top it just has one. (I know about ctrl + click now)....but when I first saw everything was drag and drop I was like..."That's it? That's easy...."

Things work with macs. As stupid as the commercial is. I had a printer at work that I hooked up to our PC. We didn't have the disks anymore but I thought "Hey I'll go online and down load them." I get to hp's website and the directions where crazy for loading the printer. I had to download this old driver, change the name, hook up the printer, turn it on, turn it off, go into the driver, change the port, blah blah blah. It was a pain in the ass...on my mac--plug printer in.....done.

I still have a pc as my desk top so I am not a complete macaphile. However my next desktop will be a mac.

good luck

Jecht
07-18-2007, 07:18 AM
I love Macs but since they cost a little more and have a little less software support, I stick with PCs for now.

canadianrcis
07-18-2007, 10:00 AM
yeh, pc does > mac in gaming for sure. but you dont get viruses on pc's unless your a retard. ive had my current pc for 7 months and no fire wall, just avg for scanning, and never had a virus.

auxiliary
07-18-2007, 12:08 PM
There was an issue of PC gaming saying "Is your new super gaming rig a Mac?" It was a really interesting write up. With OSX and an intel chip a mac can run Windows with little to no problems.

If you're buying a computer based just on playing games then i would get a PC....or really look into macs and make sure it's something you really want to deal with

"B"
07-18-2007, 12:27 PM
PC.

Sha owns 2 items made by Apple, both do not work.

canadianrcis
07-18-2007, 01:04 PM
only thing by apple i own is a ipod, only thing i will ever own by them.

Killer
07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
all you mac kids need to get in my "worst week ever" thread...

our mac is our sever at work, and it's down... HELP!

Mr_Mischif
07-18-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't like macs because they cost like $5-700 more than a comparable PC just for the badge. I talked to a person who worked at the Lenox mac store and he didn't really have anything to say. However, I do like their styling, but that's not worth $5-700.

But I also don't like PCs because I don't like M$.

My dream comp would be a secondhand MBP running Ubuntu. But I can't even afford that, so I'm running an HP w/ Ubuntu.

coolcat
07-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I've got a mac, really the only thing i like about it is the no virus's. Nothing else really :(

Linux FTW

Mr_Mischif
07-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Also, to those people who say Macs have no viruses: It's because nobody wants to write viruses for the mac. Why write viruses that could at most take 8% of computer users when you can write one that can take the other 92%? But I'm still not ragging on macs; if I had the money, I'd prob buy one.

nvmysrt
07-18-2007, 08:29 PM
i'm interested in alot of what they have to offer and i'm really looking into getting one as my next desktop. i have a brand new hp pavilion notebook...and i'm happy with it but i've had to reload windows once already in a year and half of owning it...not to mention the miles of other problems its had....i no longer game as much as i used to so i don't think that will be much of an issue...but even if it does arise you can run windows on a mac now.