PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods I'm LOST

eg6hatch
07-11-2005, 12:22 PM
I have a 93 civic cx. I decided to put an ls vtec in the car. before I put it in my car was very low on gas and wouldn't start. I put fuel in the car still nothing. So I thought I would go ahead change the motor and then deal with it. So now the ls vtec is installed, can't get it to start. No fuel no spark. I changed the main relay, I have checked all grounds. I put a brand new harness in the car. I thought it might be the fuel so I bypassed the relay kicked the fuel pump on, built up pressure still nothing. I am out of ideas with this car. the ecu is good (checked on a friends car). Suggestions appreciated. :confused: thanks jason

ash7
07-11-2005, 12:41 PM
OH NO! It's... it's.... it's a FUUUUUUUUUUUSE!

:) seriously, have you checked them yet?

eg6hatch
07-11-2005, 03:23 PM
It's not a fuse. I've checked everything. I know a good bit about cars. I have tried to trace down wires not working with a test light. but everything checks out so far. I have a new distributor as well, so it isn't that part of the ignition. I checked the ignition switch, and the current is right for everything there as well.

B16a2 Civic
07-11-2005, 03:23 PM
you got gas?

single_cam_ham
07-11-2005, 07:06 PM
is the battery dead?

sorry, had to do it...

is it trying to start at all? can you hear the fuel pump cycling when you turn the key to ON?

scttydb411
07-11-2005, 10:15 PM
i never heard from you last week regarding the ecu.

so you were able to test the ecu w/ a friends car and it's a-ok?

eg6hatch
07-18-2005, 12:17 PM
yeah I plugged it up to my friends hatch. and it started up just fine.

sebastianHoff
07-19-2005, 05:14 AM
dont know much about hondas, anyway here are some common problems i know of people running into when swapping motors.
1. harness doesnt match the ecu, and vise versa
2. harness doesnt match the motor
3. poor wiring job, i dont know if you had to rewire the harness at all?
4. a fuse blows, a friend of mine spent $2k trying to figure out a problem on a similar motor when it turned out to be a fuse.
5. on nissans theres a little thing that tells the ecu to tell the injectors and plugs to fire, dont know if you have something like that but that could be the problem.

your problem is a simple one, if you have to hot wire the fuel pump then your wiring is bad, you've popped a fuse/relay, or you didnt plug in everything. good luck

speedminded
07-31-2005, 08:34 PM
So all fuses are ok, even the ECU fuse under the hood? I'm assuming it turns over fine, just won't fire? No check engine light with the key on? Have you checked the fuel pressure at the rail?

scttydb411
07-31-2005, 09:33 PM
check all your grounds...engine, tranny, and ecu grounds.

eg6hatch
07-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah I'm getting fuel pressure at the rail...not sure how much. The underhood ecu fuse is fine. I've checked all fuses. not sure what ecu grounds you are talking about, but I have checked the rest of the grounds and they are good. I sent it to a mechanic I trust, he hasn't figured it out yet. still waiting. As soon as I figure it out I am selling it to get an s2000

EJ6
08-02-2005, 11:36 AM
check for timming it migh be of that what happen to me last time

ash7
08-04-2005, 11:49 PM
i can't believe i posted twice...

ash7
08-04-2005, 11:51 PM
...so let me get this straight...

you're letting some other guy work on your car, while you ask the questions about how to fix it? [I chuckle under my breath while shaking my head] cb7 correctly stated that a car needs those four things in order to start. Let's make it simple:
1) FUEL take off your fuel line and hold it in the air, turn the key to the "on" position - if it sprays fuel everywhere you have fuel.
2) COMPRESSION run to autozone and get a comp. tester (or borrow one from your trusted mech.) and turn the engine over - if you get 175 in each cylinder you have compression.
3) SPARK take out a spark plug from the head and plug it into the corresponding plug wire, grasp the plug firmly in your palm and ask your friend to turn the engine over. If you loose feeling in your hand for about an hour or so, you have spark.
4) AIR check to make sure a bluejay or any retarded mouse has made a nest in your intake manifold. If they havn't, you have air.

You mentioned that you bypassed the relay to get your fuel pump to start... the main relay also controls the ignition system, and has four pins in the ecu (A7, A25, B7, and 8 i think)... try another relay. You should also double check your timing like someone mentioned earlier. Double check to make sure your distributor timed correctly as well.

eg6hatch
08-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I don't have a spot to work on my car anymore that is why I had to send it to my friends. I checked for compression, it is fine. I have already replaced the relay with a new one from honda. I have no fire for some reason and that is my problem....I checked the timing and it is perfect. I have a brand new distributor.... the relay also does not turn on the fuel pump unless i bypass the relay. I am open to suggestions or help.... I have put 4 h22s in accords. this is my first time working with a b series, or civic. I'm LOST

eViLMunkey
08-17-2005, 05:23 PM
check the cap on the wire arrangement...

-S Double C-
08-24-2005, 09:30 AM
...so let me get this straight...

you're letting some other guy work on your car, while you ask the questions about how to fix it? [I chuckle under my breath while shaking my head] cb7 correctly stated that a car needs those four things in order to start. Let's make it simple:
1) FUEL take off your fuel line and hold it in the air, turn the key to the "on" position - if it sprays fuel everywhere you have fuel.
2) COMPRESSION run to autozone and get a comp. tester (or borrow one from your trusted mech.) and turn the engine over - if you get 175 in each cylinder you have compression.
3) SPARK take out a spark plug from the head and plug it into the corresponding plug wire, grasp the plug firmly in your palm and ask your friend to turn the engine over. If you loose feeling in your hand for about an hour or so, you have spark.
4) AIR check to make sure a bluejay or any retarded mouse has made a nest in your intake manifold. If they havn't, you have air.

You mentioned that you bypassed the relay to get your fuel pump to start... the main relay also controls the ignition system, and has four pins in the ecu (A7, A25, B7, and 8 i think)... try another relay. You should also double check your timing like someone mentioned earlier. Double check to make sure your distributor timed correctly as well.

ah shut up you said what i was going too.. :2up: :D

Allshow97
08-24-2005, 10:25 AM
I know this is gonna sound retarded but are your ignition wires good? How bout distributor cap and rotor button? Just my 2 cents.

eg6hatch
08-31-2005, 11:09 PM
finally figured it out. Just so everyone knows, it was the entire fuse box that went bad. I fired it up today but I still have problems. My #2 piston has no compression. no.1 is 195, no.2 is 0, no.3 is 185, no.4 is 175

ash7
09-01-2005, 06:18 PM
sweeeeeeeet, glad you figured it out bro.

Allshow97
09-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Glad you figured it out... Tough luck on the compression though :(

eg6hatch
09-02-2005, 07:21 AM
the valves are bent, got the head off ebay.... OH well I am gonna throw some new ones in it this weekend and see how it does.

smokinblackneon
09-05-2005, 10:04 PM
well shit if you are going to sale it for a s2k how much you want for it. Ive been wanting another civic

i4_garage
10-01-2005, 10:39 PM
i have the same propblem on my swap ....if everything else is correct..wiring...ground and hoses....and fuel is not coming in ....then its the relay.....its one of the fuel pump relay...i had the same propblem...thought i could give u a help...

i4_garage
10-01-2005, 10:40 PM
hahahha...i am all late...lolz sorry guys