PDA

View Full Version : d16z6 Automatic Transmission problem..Please HELP!

compufreak21
07-16-2007, 06:38 PM
So heres the deal...ive done alot of searching on this site and others trying to find the fix for this. I cant seem to find it. I have a couple ideas as to what may be wrong but i wanted some educated advice from some other del sol owners on here...so heres the problem.

I just traded some music equipment for a 95 del sol with the d16z6 vtec motor in it. Unfortunately it has an auto tranny in it. The transmission is what is giving me problems. When you start the car and its cold the car runs fine, transmission shifts fine through all gears and everything works....but once you let the car warm up...everything still runs and works fine except the transmission. Whatever gear your in when car reaches normal operating temperature...that is the gear it stays in. Wont shift up or down. There are two sensors on the top of the transmission and i thought that the problem could be with those but im not sure exactly what the two sensors are. Or i could just need a new transmission. Any advice??

I dont want to bother swaping out for 5spd as of right now as the car may become my sisters and she wants an automatic. I already own an s2000 as my daily driver so this is more of a project car. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks.

cactusEG
07-16-2007, 10:19 PM
change ur tranny fluid and since ur doing that change the tranny filter.. i hear great things about wix products

EmminoDaGreat
07-16-2007, 10:21 PM
The two sensors are shift solenoids, it is possible that when it gets hot they dont work properly, but its hard to tell. Open the service manual and do some quick checks that can help take away some problems. Sounds like an internal problem to me though.

ranj
07-16-2007, 11:40 PM
change ur tranny fluid and since ur doing that change the tranny filter.. i hear great things about wix products

yeah one of my friend's corollas had the same problem, we changed the fluid and filter and she ran just fine, no problems what so ever!

xbn83
07-16-2007, 11:51 PM
You should invest in the tran cooler. It is not that much, under $50 for a decent size. Every single auto that I ever owned, I installed the tran cooler. With ATL traffic, you better have one.

compufreak21
07-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Wow awesome advice guys. Im gonna change the filter and fluid and try and find a tranny cooler Wednesday. Will post if it fixes the problem. Thanks!!

iEvo
07-18-2007, 04:54 PM
ur shift solenoids are in the valve body, not outside the trans. there should be a speed sensor on the outside by the output shaft. the other could be a few diff things