PDA

View Full Version : Gun control works, right? WRONG!!!!

Jaimecbr900
07-16-2007, 03:10 PM
I was reading an article which covered Washington D.C.'s attempt to reverse an earlier Supreme Court decision to REMOVE the city's 30yr "gun ban" laws. According to the city, it is "necessary" in order to maintain a rise in crime in the city.

Well, just out of curiosity I did a quick search and compared Washington's crime rate to that of Kennesaw who is a city that got widely publicized and more importantly criticized for having a polar opposite law in place where it's citizens are supposed to be armed and protect themselves.

Guess what I found? Check it out for yourselves:

http://www.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Washington&s1=DC&c2=kennesaw&s2=GA

Ironic isn't it? That our nation's capital is one of the worst crime ridden city's in the whole country, all the while having THE toughest gun control laws in place for the last 30 yrs.

So let's all go thru this together now.....Guns kill people, so by making ownership of them "illegal" we clean-up our streets magically. Wait, let's give it a year.....maybe 10 yrs.....maybe even 30 yrs. Streets any safer just yet? Actually they are exponentially LESS safe because the ONLY ones that have guns are the criminals and police. Now, take the opposite end of the spectrum and implement "mandatory" gun ownership in every home and what happens??? Crime rate drops an astonishing 75% in just the first year....another 40 something % the very next year after that. Right now, Kennessaw averages 0.19 MURDERS PER YEAR. I wonder why that is..... :thinking:

Anyway, I know that most of IA is against gun control, but for those that STILL think guns kill people or somehow make crime worse.......yall are all nuts. :screwy:

Julio
07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
people kill people... dumb shit.

WickedIXMR
07-16-2007, 03:35 PM
i dont know if dc did what kennasaw did would have the same outcome. Reason being is because how many percent of black people live in kennasaw? DC has a shit load of them. Like i mean almost every house there is full with black people, violent ones at that or theyre just drug addicts. If those people were forced to have guns i dont think the crime rate in dc would drop i think it would raise in that kind of place.

Julio
07-16-2007, 03:36 PM
i dont know if dc did what kennasaw did would have the same outcome. Reason being is because how many percent of black people live in kennasaw? DC has a shit load of them. Like i mean almost every house there is full with black people, violent ones at that or theyre just drug addicts. If those people were forced to have guns i dont think the crime rate in dc would drop i think it would raise in that kind of place.

oh oh.

this topic has/will go in another direction soon.

Echonova
07-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Subscribed

DieselNuts
07-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Nice find. There is a city in Nevada that allows you to conceal your weapon at all times. A friend of mine lived there when she was in the military. She said it is the only city she has been to where you can leave your doors unlocked at all times. Funny how that works out...

WickedIXMR
07-16-2007, 03:42 PM
oh oh.

this topic has/will go in another direction soon.
Lol its just the truth

Echonova
07-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Lol its just the truthel oh el

Stormhammer
07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
haha I actually bought myself a Remington 1100 Tactical 8-round semi-automatic shotgun with a 3" shell barrel yesterday just for home self-defense ( I'm under 21 so I can't own a handgun legally, but since where I'm going to college is in the middle of Marietta ghetto, you can never be TOO careful :D ) - and before you wail on getting a semi-automatic, I don't want to give that fucker a chance of escape between pumps :D

Plus I can always go skeet shooting....

dELfONiK
07-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Chris Rock said it best...

Fuck that shit.
You don't need no gun control.

You know what you need?
We need some bullet control.

Man, we need to control the bullets,
that's right.

l think all bullets should cost $5000.

$5000 for a bullet. You know why?

'Cause if a bullet costs $5000,
there'd be no more innocent bystanders.

That'd be it.

Every time someone gets shot, people will
be like, ''Damn, he must have did something.

''Shit, they put $20000 worth of bullets
in his ass.''

People would think before
they killed somebody, if a bullet cost $5000.

''Man, l would blow your fucking head off,
if l could afford it.

''l'm gonna get me another job,
l'm gonna start saving some money...''

and you're a dead man.

''You better hope
l can't get no bullets on layaway.''

So even if you get shot by a stray bullet...
you won't have to go to no doctor
to get it taken out.

Whoever shot you
would take their bullet back.

''l believe you got my property.''

Nissangeek
07-16-2007, 04:08 PM
haha I actually bought myself a Remington 1100 Tactical 8-round semi-automatic shotgun with a 3" shell barrel yesterday just for home self-defense ( I'm under 21 so I can't own a handgun legally, but since where I'm going to college is in the middle of Marietta ghetto, you can never be TOO careful :D ) - and before you wail on getting a semi-automatic, I don't want to give that fucker a chance of escape between pumps :D

Where'd you get it and how much. I live in Doraville and kinda desire not to be killed in my sleep.lol

Stormhammer
07-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Where'd you get it and how much. I live in Doraville and kinda desire not to be killed in my sleep.lol

Bullseye Gunshop in downtown Lawrenceville ( by the historic courthouse ) - $585 used :goodjob: ( brand new they're ~$700 )

but if you're 21 or over, go for a handgun ( that way you don't destroy shit you don't want destroyed and it leaves less of a mess ) :D

WickedIXMR
07-16-2007, 04:21 PM

You know you could actually own a handgun just have to have someone 21 or over to buy you one as a "gift"

WickedIXMR
07-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
WickedIXMR, Jaimecbr900

Damn, youve been viewing this thread for a while, im guessing you either just left your computer on this thread or youre just writing a huuuuge post. Im gonna guess on the huge post

Ed
07-16-2007, 04:38 PM
hmm oranges to apples man...

Population:
D.C. 550,521
Kennesaw 28,189

with more people more crime will come.

not taking any sides though, this is one of those cases.

Echonova
07-16-2007, 04:49 PM

Population:
D.C. 550,521
Kennesaw 28,189

not taking any sides though, this is one of those cases.What matters apparently is the total population of Africian Americians. lol The point is, the criminals don't really care if they are breaking the law by having a gun. You, as a law abiding citizen, do. You have no defense and the criminals know it. Making you easy prey. The easier it is, the more they are going to do it. Unless they are white.

Ed
07-16-2007, 04:53 PM
What matters apparently is the total population of Africian Americians. lol The point is, the criminals don't really care if they are breaking the law by having a gun. You, as a law abiding citizen, do. You have no defense and the criminals know it. Making you easy prey. The easier it is, the more they are going to do it. Unless they are white.

shit... i guess im fucked... im not really white-american, but im whiter than some of you fuckers... lol

damn black folk fuckin it up for er'body.

lol :lmfao:

jk.

WickedIXMR
07-16-2007, 04:54 PM
What matters apparently is the total population of Africian Americians. lol The point is, the criminals don't really care if they are breaking the law by having a gun. You, as a law abiding citizen, do. You have no defense and the criminals know it. Making you easy prey. The easier it is, the more they are going to do it. Unless they are white.
I agree

Population:
D.C. 550,521 (500,000 blacks)= criminals
Kennesaw 28,189 (26,000 whites)= regular citizens

Ed
07-16-2007, 04:55 PM
I agree

Population:
Kennesaw 28,189 (26,000 whites)= regular citizens

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: +1

Echonova
07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree

Population:
Kennesaw 28,189 (26,000 whites)= regular citizens:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

tony
07-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Crime per Capita would be a better number to go by, but if you make it harder for the citizens to defend themselves they will likely become victims.

And question on purchasing a Shotgun for home protection, how far are your neighbors from your house? You have to consider their safety as well, having a firearm that would clearly pentrate walls in other houses makes me nervous. I own a .40 Caliber but for home protection I'm probably going to get a 9mm for the reason I've stated.

Echonova
07-16-2007, 04:59 PM
You know you could actually own a handgun just have to have someone 21 or over to buy you one as a "gift":umno: :no:

Echonova
07-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Crime per Capita would be a better number to go by, but if you make it harder for the citizens to defend themselves they will likely become victims.

And question on purchasing a Shotgun for home protection, how far are your neighbors from your house? You have to consider their safety as well, having a firearm that would clearly pentrate walls in other houses makes me nervous. I own a .40 Caliber but for home protection I'm probably going to get a 9mm for the reason I've stated.Don't miss and you won't have to worry about it.

WickedIXMR
07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
:umno: :no:
Yes you can. Look into it. I mean into the laws not asking some joe schmo

tony
07-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Don't miss and you won't have to worry about it.

Not everyone is a perfect shot especially in panicked conditions, I'd side with safety but that is just me.

Echonova
07-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Yes you can. Look into it. I mean into the laws not asking some joe schmoWhere's Ruiner when you need him? Technically you may be right, I'm not up to date on Georgia's underage gun owning policy. :rolleyes:

Echonova
07-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Not everyone is a perfect shot especially in panicked conditions, I'd side with safety but that is just me.I know, props to you for thinking ahead.:goodjob: +1

Stormhammer
07-16-2007, 05:16 PM
And question on purchasing a Shotgun for home protection, how far are your neighbors from your house? You have to consider their safety as well, having a firearm that would clearly pentrate walls in other houses makes me nervous. I own a .40 Caliber but for home protection I'm probably going to get a 9mm for the reason I've stated.

neighbor's house is ~15feet? standard neighborhood distance

... and if this shotgun can shoot through that many walls etc and still keep its velocity, I'm buying myself another one ( I kid I kid ) but I would be surprised if the buckshot did maintain that much velocity through walls etc ( unless I shoot out through a window )

but I did look into things, there's another version of this with a 11-87 barrel, that can fire 3 1/2" Magnum shotgun shells. I figured that was overboard, so I stuck with the 1100.

Plus like someone said, don't miss. I would certainly hope I wouldn't miss with a shotgun... if it ever came to me having to pull the trigger that is.

ShooterMcGavin
07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
washington dc is full of idiots, especially those in big white buildings...

WickedIXMR
07-16-2007, 05:42 PM
washington dc is full of idiots, especially those in big white buildings...
LMAO!

David88vert
07-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Comparing a city to a town is apples to oranges.

You should use Morton Grove as your gun control town. It is the town that passed a handgun ban that prompted Kennesaw to pass its law.

Here is the comparison. Granted it is a right-wing paper, statistics are just that, statistics.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55288

DieselNuts
07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
550,521/28189=19.53.

Multiply the amount of crimes in Kennesaw by 19.5 and it still doesnt come close to the numbers of DC...just some food for thought...

JConner
07-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Lol its just the truth

I agree

Jaimecbr900
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
#1. It's certainly not comparing apples to apples for two reasons:

A. I'm comparing a city that requires gun ownership to a city that forbids it.
B. If you do the math and use per capita rates, you will see that it is a comparison worth making.

#2. A shotgun will actually penetrate less than some popular handgun rounds DEPENDING on the load you have in the shotgun. For personal protection in close quarters, the shotgun really doesn't need to be loaded down for bear with 3" magnum slugs or something. Some buckshot is more than enough. Hell, I wouldn't want to get hit with bird shot at any distance, let alone a few feet. This is the reason why a shotgun is sometimes a good choice for home defense. My shotguns have buckshot in them. I don't see a need for anything more than that.

BTW, they make frangible ammo for just about every caliber of handgun and rifle out there. It is specifically designed NOT to over penetrate and spend all it's energy in the target and nothing else. These are excellent personal defense loads, but that's it's ONLY use as it's not good for anything else. Ammo usually can be gauged to not over penetrate in just about any defense caliber.

#3. This is a function of perception. If the bad element PERCEIVES or THINKS that there is a CHANCE someone on the other side of that door they're about to kick in has a gun to defend themselves, the chances exponentially jump UP that he/she will NOT kick the door down in order to move onto an easier target.

#4. Numbers are numbers folks. A drop of 75% directly due to the passage of that law, eventhough we all KNOW not everybody went out and bought a gun to fulfill that law, is outstanding regardless. Look at it this way....DC and every other gun controlled city's crime rate has gone UP vs down eventhough they have tighter gun laws than any other cities in the country. So again, numbers don't lie. If the crime rate goes UP when you do something you swear was going to make it go DOWN, who's to blame? Use that same logic in the town of Kennesaw. What changed between 1982 and 1983 there? The new mandatory gun law. They didn't triple their police force. Actually their population had boomed from 5K to over 20K in a short period of time. So what made crime rate drop a whopping 75% in just ONE YEAR, and yet another 45% in the very next year after that???

Now look at DC in comparison. THE most restrictive city in just about everything. Hell, they won't even let you use a damn radar detector there. Freaking the worst crime rate in the whole country. Obviously gun control doesn't work, and it's the poster child of why not.

Besides, everyone has to remember that gun control laws only work for idiots like US who ABIDE by the laws. Criminals don't care. They will get their guns illegally, so they wipe their ass with laws. It's like punishing the good kids in a classroom for what 1 or 2 bad ones do. How's that make sense? It doesn't, and that is exactly why gun control will never work. It punishes good instead of bad.

TIGERJC
07-16-2007, 08:04 PM
THIS IS WHY the crime rate is high in DC

DC

About 16.7% of families and 20.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 31.1% of those under age 18 and 16.4% of those over age 65.

Kennesaw

About 3.1% of families and 4.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.8% of those under age 18 and 12.5% of those age 65 or over

Black ppl are not the problem, poor ass blk ppl are the problem (Can you say hilter's final solution to get rid of the problem)

yudalicious
07-16-2007, 11:05 PM
About 16.7% of families and 20.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 31.1% of those under age 18 and 16.4% of those over age 65.

Kennesaw

About 3.1% of families and 4.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.8% of those under age 18 and 12.5% of those age 65 or over

That's what I'm thinking too, while I don't consider myself particularly pro strict gun control or against, it certainly is comparing apples to oranges to compare DC and Kennesaw. Statistics are so easily skewed, just ask Michale Moore, he's the king of that.

Jaimecbr900
07-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Good grief, stop with the apples to oranges and atleast try and semi-intelligently explain why you think it's not a fair comparison.

Is it the size? Is it the ratio of Black to White in the population? Is it that Michael Moore said so?

You want to know what's apples to oranges? Poverty levels, literacy levels, and the color of the land. What does any of that have to do with crime rates? There are poor, backward ass, country folk in the mountains that are way worse off than some "city" folk, yet they don't go around killing each other on a daily basis. Why is that? There's poorer, dumber, and yet less violent people out there.

Bottomline is pretty clear to me. Gun control at any level does not work, period. I challenge anyone to show a concrete example of how gun control works to help any crime rate anywhere. It doesn't. It is strictly a political strategy that works on the masses that don't use common sense, hence why they buy into it.

TIGERJC
07-17-2007, 02:30 AM
^^^^^^^^^^
Gun control doesn't work (can never work) when it is still easy to get guns illegally. But there is no way you can compare the inner city to the suburbs or the mtns (totally different surrounding).

I guess I am one of those ppl that believe crime is related to poverty, education,and the community.

_Christian_
07-17-2007, 02:56 AM

Population:
D.C. 550,521
Kennesaw 28,189

not taking any sides though, this is one of those cases.
that chart does not represent the total numbers. it is a ratio per 100,000 people, so it is apples to apples

NEONRACER
07-17-2007, 11:04 AM
This late in the game it is too late to try and control firearms. You would have to completely stop any new firearms from being made. Even at that the country is already flooded with them. There is no way to measure how many firearms are in this country. Once you stop the flow of new firearms you could slowing start removing weapons as crimes are committed but that is only if no illegal firearms are smuggled in from out of the country. Plain and simple gun control cannot work, it is too late. I could go on and on about this but I won't.

Everyone is so focussed on gun control that they are blind to what "your" government is doing to control ammunition. That's right ammunition is beginning to get the attention of the gun haters. The new standards put on ammunition as of last week will make it harder for stores to sell ammunition and firearms together. This is just the start of what is to come.

If you don't own a firearm get a firearm. You are a fool not to own one if you are legally able to. If you do not own a stash of ammo for your firearms you are a fool. The ammunition will be taken away before the firearms will be. Hell I was paying $4.99 for UMC .223 in December and in April it was $5.99-$7.99 if you could find it. I could buy 1,000 rd case of surplus 5.56 for under $200.00 last October, less than a year later it's almost double. It's not the guns they are going to go after it's the ammo. Once it is too expensive for people to buy they pass more legislation to control it even more.

.blank cd
07-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Chris Rock said it best...

and that is the fuckin truth!!! +2 for u dude

Ed
07-17-2007, 11:15 AM
that chart does not represent the total numbers. it is a ratio per 100,000 people, so it is apples to apples

i see, i wasnt so sure about it, and didnt wanna sound like an ass. thanks for correcting me. +1 if i can.

Tasuki_Civic
07-17-2007, 11:18 AM
people kill people... dumb shit.
agreed

lol
clearly...
you've got issue :no:

Ed
07-17-2007, 11:22 AM
lol
clearly...

an issue with niggas... :lmfao:

Jaimecbr900
07-17-2007, 11:32 AM
^^^^^^^^^^
Gun control doesn't work (can never work) when it is still easy to get guns illegally.

You're playing with words. It's an oxymoron. Guns will NEVER be able to be kept out of the hands of ANY determined CRIMINAL. CRIMINAL is the key word here. Look at drugs as an example. They are illegal and have been for eons. Has consumption gone down? NO. Has trafficking stopped? NO. Has "drug related" crimes gone down? NO. So exactly what has the fact that drugs are "illegal" done to better the drug situation? Absolutely nothing. Why? Because the consumers, in this case drug users, don't give two dead fucks about it being legal or illegal. They want it, so they go get it. Same exact thing happens with illegal gun purchases. The criminal doesn't give a rat's behind what the laws of the land are, after all he/she just breaks them or they wouldn't be a "criminal", so they go and get whatever it is that they need. As a matter of fact, most of the time is at crack head prices you nor I could ever dream of getting when we bought our guns at the store.

So the answer has nothing to do with the obvious. Guns will always find their way into the hands of someone who shouldn't have one. Sometimes the best offense is a good defense.

But there is no way you can compare the inner city to the suburbs or the mtns (totally different surrounding).

Why not? Is someone less dead in the city than when they die in the suburbs? Is rape different when it's performed in the inner city as opposed to the burbs? Do the cars in the inner city have less wheels and run on different gas than in the burbs? So exactly what is the "difference" as it relates to crime rates? :thinking:

I guess I am one of those ppl that believe crime is related to poverty, education,and the community.

How?

Tasuki_Civic
07-17-2007, 11:38 AM
i dunno about this topic....i've been robbed twice and once with an ak.

i really don't mind people having guns to protect themselves lol i getting my first one sooner than i know ...maybe it would be best if they cracked down on having a quota on how many times you go to the range to practice. so at least the people who have guns know how to shoot them. then it mite lessen the chances of another person getting shot...by accident. i dunno it may sound stupid it was only a thought.

but along with every rule and reason people abuse them to hurt innocent people. so who knows if gun control would work or not in certain areas.

Tasuki_Civic
07-17-2007, 11:39 AM
an issue with niggas... :lmfao:

uuum ...ok

Tasuki_Civic
07-17-2007, 11:52 AM
You're playing with words. It's an oxymoron.

you cant always speak factually jaime. you dont know the exact numbers and progress of drugs and guns. many people have their own opinions about things. the government and and police dont disclose all information about each area in the US or in georgia.

dont forget their job is to hide things and show only what they want us to see.

i cant agree completely with you but i understand your argument.

Jaimecbr900
07-17-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm going to have to break down your post because it made no sense to me.

you cant always speak factually jaime.

About what?

you dont know the exact numbers and progress of drugs and guns. many people have their own opinions about things.

Huh? :thinking:

the government and and police dont disclose all information about each area in the US or in georgia.

Yes they do and there are other agencies that keep up with crime statistics. Besides that, what's your point? :thinking:

dont forget their job is to hide things and show only what they want us to see.

OMG, not the super conspiracy theory of "the man trying to keep us down" again.... :rolleyes: Exactly WHO are you talking about here?

i cant agree completely with you but i understand your argument.

I don't think you understood at all.

Washington D.C.=have the most restrictive gun laws in the country
Washington D.C.= doesn't want those laws anymore.
Washington D.C.= city officials say that they HAVE TO keep the old laws to keep crime down.
Washington D.C.= one of the most violent cities in the whole country already.
Washington D.C.= in 30 yrs of "no guns" has not been able to control it's crime.

Kennessaw GA= small city in GA that grew from 5K to 20K.
Kennessaw GA= in order to help keep crime down in a city that exponentially grew they adopted a mandatory gun law in every house.
Kennessaw GA= REDUCTION in crime rate by 75% the FIRST YEAR AFTER the law passed.
Kennessaw GA= ANOTHER 45% DECREASE the second year.
Kennessaw GA= Murder rate almost non-existant. Robbery almost non-existant.
Kennessaw GA= Population STILL GROWING.

Everyone of those things are FACTS. What is there to argue about? When the criminals are the only ones left holding the guns, what do you think is going to happen? Crime will get better or worse? It's simple common sense. Criminals don't want to get shot. Criminals want to get in, do their deed, and get out without any static. That's the nature of their plans. Guns, dogs, bright lights, alarms, etc. don't play into that plan at all and that is why people and property that have those safeguards in place stand an exponentially better chance to be passed up as a target. That's a FACT.

Get it now?

Tasuki_Civic
07-17-2007, 12:31 PM
:thinking:

uuum.... yeea u misused the words i said. this topic is all you love. i dont feel like being detailed with you or explaining what i meant. if you didnt understand what i said. so be it.

you always like to be right.

so here you go......YOUR RIGHT.

Leadfoot_mf
07-17-2007, 12:45 PM
uuum.... yeea u misused the words i said. this topic is all you love. i dont feel like being detailed with you or explaining what i meant. if you didnt understand what i said. so be it.

and you always have to add your stupid 2 cents to everything sometime you should just click the red x at the top right corner and go about your day.

Jaimecbr900
07-17-2007, 12:50 PM
uuum.... yeea u misused the words i said.

That's probably because they were written like this:

a;sldkjfasd;lfjas;dlkfjas;dkfjas;dkfjas;

:rolleyes:

this topic is all you love.

Actually, I love my wife, my children, my family, a nice juicy steak, sex, driving fast, looking at fine women, a good baseball game, playing baseball, shooting guns, relaxing, spending time with my kids, teaching someone something new, photography......I have lots of loves my dear. Debating gun control with uninformed people is certainly NOT one of them. :goodjob:

i dont feel like being detailed with you or explaining what i meant. if you didnt understand what i said. so be it.

Ok. :goodjob:

Who doesn't? :thinking:

Thank you, but I knew that already. Glad you learned something today though.... :goodjob:

Stormhammer
07-17-2007, 01:24 PM
random gun law question

but

is there any GA law that would prevent me ( being 20 ) from buying one of those .50 caliber rifles from a gun show?

Tasuki_Civic
07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Thank you,goodjob:

aha :thinking: im surprised you took that as a compliment.

and you always have to add your stupid 2 cents to everything sometime you should just click the red x at the top right corner and go about your day.

LOL :rolleyes: you act worse then some of these females on ia. lol hush boy.

yudalicious
07-17-2007, 02:11 PM
I think, if there's one thing that's for sure, though, is that poverty is HIGHLY correlated with crime rate, hence why I think the direct comparison between DC and Kennesaw is not the "end all" proof to why strict gun control fails, but if you don't want me to say apples and oranges, that's fine.

Those are some compelling stats, although looser gun control (what you are arguing for, I think) and mandatory gun ownership (the case in Kenneasw) are far from the same thing... do you propose every property owner in DC buy a gun to comply with the new law (food for thought)?

Some cities, Det, NJ cities, maybe some other cities that have less strict gun control laws than DC have just as high if not higher crime rates than DC. I'm not against your case, but I think your proposed evidence (Kennesaw) offers only weak and partial support.

*edited for clarity.

Jaimecbr900
07-17-2007, 03:15 PM
aha :thinking: im surprised you took that as a compliment.

And I'm surprised you're still talking at all... :rolleyes:

I think, if there's one thing that's for sure, though, is that poverty is HIGHLY correlated with crime rate

Exactly what makes poor people more violent than anyone else? More importantly, what justification does anyone...poor or not...have to be more violent than anyone else?

I'm not arguing for looser gun control, but I am trying to make people use their brain. How does making it harder for a law abiding citizen to protect themselves help anyone but the criminals since they now know you're unarmed?

DieselNuts
07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Exactly what makes poor people more violent than anyone else? More importantly, what justification does anyone...poor or not...have to be more violent than anyone else?

I agree with you Jamie, but I think the point he is making about poor people is that 1) They have nothing to loose and everything to gain by robbing someone, and 2) The only way they can get some things (cash, jewelry, a car) Is by robbing someone, so, they do it...

WickedIXMR
07-17-2007, 04:03 PM
agreed

lol
clearly...
Nope i dont. If you ever been to DC you would know what i mean. And i dont mean the good parts of it

Tasuki_Civic
07-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Nope i dont. If you ever been to DC you would know what i mean. And i dont mean the good parts of it

ive been to dc b4. it doesnt look any different than any other city that i have been to. no matter what part of town ( city wise ) not tha country.

WickedIXMR
07-18-2007, 12:51 AM
ive been to dc b4. it doesnt look any different than any other city that i have been to. no matter what part of town ( city wise ) not tha country.
Well u obviously havent been to the bad parts of it

quickdodgeŽ
07-18-2007, 12:53 AM
DC's hoods have always been known to be rough as hail. Later, QD.

Tasuki_Civic
07-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Well u obviously havent been to the bad parts of it

LOL!! im sorry do you know me?
how are you going to tell me where i havent been? :no: its one thing to know that someone has not been some where and its another to assume. :no:

chill out....i have no reason to lie.