PDA

View Full Version : HIN Charlotte ELITE Coverage

carbongs
07-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks for looking guys and girls! Hope you enjoy!

http://www.elitedriven.com/forums/showthread.php?p=39461#post39461

-Tony
www.EliteDriven.com (http://www.EliteDriven.com) Photographer

Deke
07-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Lol, that mini that won best in show just demonstrates everything that is wrong with car shows :)

There are some good looking pics in there though.

rollininstyle2004
07-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Lol, that mini that won best in show just demonstrates everything that is wrong with car shows :)

Hm...lets see:

Engine: It had 2 boosted Honda motors making over 1100 hp total (combined)
Exterior: more custom paint and body work then I have seen on any car in a LONG time
Interior: again, more FG then almost any car there, custom paint, gauges, etc.
ICE: Screens all over the place, gauges, etc.
Presentation: it was on a rotating platform...

What is wrong with it? The car was one of the most unique projects I have seen in a LONG time. It easily had more work, time, and money invested in it then almost every car there. Why shouldnt it be a BOS contender?

sleepys4
07-16-2007, 04:22 PM
The Pink and Light blue scion and White cls were my favorites. Nice Pics and it looks it was a nice show. +1 for coverage.

carbongs
07-16-2007, 04:32 PM
thanks and I agree with rollininstyle with the mini.

Deke
07-16-2007, 04:37 PM
No, haha, it definitely should be, and that's why I generally don't like car shows. Just because someone put a ridiculous amount of time and money into a car doesn't mean it looks good. Respect for the engine(s) though :goodjob:

And who the hell needs screens all over the place? If I ever become a millionaire I'm going to bring my car to a HIN with 100 dollar bills wallpapering it. I feel that it pretty much accomplishes the same thing.

Every car show I've ever seen (or seen pictures of) there are always multiple cars that look far better (cleaner) than the best in show. The winner is just the one that knows how to make the scorecard tally the highest.

[/threadjack]

Like I said before though, there are deifnitely some good looking cars in some of the pics.

Hm...lets see:

Exterior: more custom paint and body work then I have seen on any car in a LONG time

What is wrong with it? The car was one of the most unique projects I have seen in a LONG time. It easily had more work, time, and money invested in it then almost every car there. Why shouldnt it be a BOS contender?

rollininstyle2004
07-16-2007, 04:42 PM
No, haha, it definitely should be, and that's why I generally don't like car shows. Just because someone put a ridiculous amount of time and money into a car doesn't mean it looks good. Respect for the engine(s) though :goodjob:

And who the hell needs screens all over the place? If I ever become a millionaire I'm going to bring my car to a HIN with 100 dollar bills wallpapering it. I feel that it pretty much accomplishes the same thing.

Every car show I've ever seen (or seen pictures of) there are always multiple cars that look far better (cleaner) than the best in show. The winner is just the one that knows how to make the scorecard tally the highest.

[/threadjack]

Like I said before though, there are deifnitely some good looking cars in some of the pics.

Understandable. The Mini is far from my style, but I can still respect the amount of time that went into producing such a car.

Truthfully at most larger shows I tend to like the Mild winners better than the Wild winners for the same reasons you posted. You are correct though, the ones who do end up winning BOS are the ones who know how to make their score the highest, just a different type of mentality when building a car I guess.

.gauge.
07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Why didn't the civic with skyline tail lights win? I mean...:cry:

Just playing.

Those were some nice 350z's and that black 240...whoo weee!

lokciv02
07-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Nice Pics. Congrats to Team Elite on the wins.

rollininstyle2004
07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Nice Pics. Congrats to Team Elite on the wins.

carbongs
07-16-2007, 10:12 PM
def thanks. being the runner up best team represented at HIN is a huge victory in our books. we've done very well this year taking home best team in some way or form at every event.

GSRtegŪ
07-16-2007, 10:39 PM
HIN huh

rollininstyle2004
07-17-2007, 12:29 AM
HIN huh
...yea :thinking:

2turbo4u
07-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Congrats to some of my fellow CL members especially Adrian his car is a piece of art.

MachNU
07-17-2007, 01:01 AM

i have to agree....thats why i got out og car shows(the going to try and win part)

other than that there was some NICE cars there! :goodjob:

SixSquared
07-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Spiffy pics.. I wanted to go but I'm stuck up here in Athens. :( My girl Maya was modeling though... so sad I missed it :( :(

nickrd
07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Great pics and writeup! Had a great time and loved seeing all the sweet rides :)

2micro4u
07-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Hm...lets see:

I agree with you on that one.