PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods tire claw

gobraves00
07-15-2007, 09:25 PM
i have seen it mentioned a couple of times with no real explanation, so i searched it out and this is what i found, just thought others might wanna know since the amount of reported stolen cars on the site seems to be on the incline

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm/fa/p/pid/4320/sc/32107

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/images/originals/tire_claw_1.jpg

tippatone
07-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Ya about time somebody did something, and it was me that posted the pic with it on there, if people were not letting their guard down and did the research people would have been already up on it.

tippatone
07-17-2007, 01:04 AM
so thats the name of it, good stuff dude, i never knew the name of it.

DerrickT
07-17-2007, 07:26 PM
thats not going to stop someone from stealing your car. fyi. if they want it, they will get it.

Halfwit
07-17-2007, 07:58 PM
so u jsut want us to accept that they will take it and not try? ^^

DerrickT
07-17-2007, 08:03 PM
so u jsut want us to accept that they will take it and not try? ^^

and not waste the $100 on the POS they are just gonna break if they want it.
alot of car theives are smart enough to get past something made by "the club." do you remember how easy it was to get those off?

so yeah, I do want you to accept that if they are going to take it, they will. ask anyone whos had their car stolen with all kinds of "fool proof" devices. they will say the same thing.

Halfwit
07-17-2007, 08:13 PM
ok.

RedEj8
07-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Well i dont know what thief has that kind of time on their hands to sit there with a hacksaw and try to saw that motherfucker off and use 5 blades while doing it. Or a thief that carries a torch around with them. Im pretty sure if they saw that on there they would just skip to the next car...Or just break in and steal your cd player and sub just like everyother thief.

DerrickT
07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Well i dont know what thief has that kind of time on their hands to sit there with a hacksaw and try to saw that motherfucker off and use 5 blades while doing it. Or a thief that carries a torch around with them. Im pretty sure if they saw that on there they would just skip to the next car...Or just break in and steal your cd player and sub just like everyother thief.

there are other ways... faster. if they want the car. believe me it will not stop them.

gobraves00
07-18-2007, 09:57 PM
id be pretty pissed if they just took the tire off and left it there and used a donut to drive on
i knew someone that had 5 lug rims all with different locks on each lug and they still took his rims
your right they will take what they want, but hopefully it will act as a deterent and they will move on to the next car with nothing detering them

DerrickT
07-18-2007, 10:02 PM
id be pretty pissed if they just took the tire off and left it there and used a donut to drive on
i knew someone that had 5 lug rims all with different locks on each lug and they still took his rims
your right they will take what they want, but hopefully it will act as a deterent and they will move on to the next car with nothing detering them

yeah, I could be a deterant, but most of the time when I car like a modded honda/acura gets stolen they come for that particular car, they have scoped it out and know your routine, and know whats on it, like this so they will come prepared.

all they would have to do is take off the wheel, toss that puppy in the trunk and worry about cutting off your waste of $100 later lol.

now if you get your hands on a boot that covers the whole wheel then you might be in business, but the Athens Clarke County ones can be taken off with a socket set... so i hear. lol.

Halfwit
07-19-2007, 08:40 PM
"so i hear" LOL.

redrumracer
07-19-2007, 11:14 PM
all youd prob need is a good size set of lock cutters

tippatone
07-20-2007, 12:17 AM
You know what, i noticed that alot of honda/acura owners down here dont use alarms that could be a small problem

DerrickT
07-20-2007, 08:17 AM
You know what, i noticed that alot of honda/acura owners down here dont use alarms that could be a small problem

had a SI for three and a half years without even a factory alarm. It was never touched.

AnthonyF
07-20-2007, 01:36 PM
u mentioned them breaking it off. ok...buy 4 of them. by the time they get done with the first one (if possible) some1 would have already seen this and called the cops or u would have heard it and killed the sorry sack of shit

DerrickT
07-20-2007, 01:44 PM
u mentioned them breaking it off. ok...buy 4 of them. by the time they get done with the first one (if possible) some1 would have already seen this and called the cops or u would have heard it and killed the sorry sack of shit
or you could just buy a pistol for $400 and keep your window of your house cracked... lol

tippatone
07-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Do they even steal cars in Athens? I thought it was just a college town. go dawgs