PDA

View Full Version : help please

primetimeciv
07-15-2007, 09:12 PM
ok this is what i got. 91 honda civic with a dohc zc and when we got it started every thing was ok till we find out that it wont go over 3000 rpms. so i put a new cap and rotor button and still the same so please can some one help me please? :thinking: :burnout:

primetimeciv
07-28-2007, 02:17 PM
can any one help?

changaroo
07-28-2007, 03:15 PM
are the spark wires in correct order from the dizzy?

allmotoronly
07-28-2007, 05:27 PM
could be a bad ecu

BTLFED
07-28-2007, 05:31 PM
could be a bad ecu

That's what I was thinking. Is it throwing a check engine light?

iEvo
07-31-2007, 02:50 PM
ur car is in limp mode, which means there is a major sensor that is either unplugged or went bad. check all the major stuff and ull find it

primetimeciv
08-09-2007, 02:22 PM
ok the code is a 4 and no check engine light and i have three diff computers and i checked all the sensors and there all good? sooo i dont know what to do and im about to sale it.

ash7
08-10-2007, 12:56 AM
obd0 code 4 is your Crank Angle Sensor... which is located in the distributor. There are two sensors in there. One is your Ignition Output sensor... which will have a blue wire going to it (off of the small connector on the dist.) And the other one (should have three slide connectors) is the crank angle. They take about ten-fifteen minutes to replace and aren't expensive. Although your best bet is to find one at a junkyard. I don't think Advance auto or anyone carries them anymore.

obd0 CAS' are notorious for going bad, and this would def. engage the artificial rev limiter you're seeing while in "limp mode."

-Check to make sure all your connections are night and tight on there (should be 3 slide-on types)
-if the connections are tight, and you don't see an excessive amount of corrosion; then it's def. time to change it out. (which is a piece of cake)

Good luck man :)
-jonathan