PDA

View Full Version : drifting...

damn_jazen
07-15-2007, 02:38 PM
lookin for people around buford to drift/practice with...i got a place near my house where itz perfect 4 practicing...well holla....

cactusEG
07-15-2007, 02:43 PM
srry in FWD.. and is this place u speak of legal

damn_jazen
07-15-2007, 02:47 PM
yea kinda.....hahaha itz a big warehouse and they trying to lease tha place...barely any cars around tho....been goin there 4 a week now...

vwimmer
07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
lol, I already know you're addicted. Every friend of mine that has drifted, even on accident, became addicted and kept drifting.

But without practice.. All of them have ended up fucking up bad. My brother drifted fucked up and hit 3 trees, and almost hit a cop, ended up in jail for a bit. My other homie was drifting and hit a corner too hard, hit the curb and broke two rims, slid across the grass and was about 6inches from hitting a tree.

So all I can say is watch out man. Be careful, and practice as much as you can before you even think about taking it to the streets. I don't want you posting up here in a few weeks about how you crashed your car, BECAUSE I WILL BRING UP THE TOKYO DRIFT JOKES! :D

slowrolla97
07-16-2007, 04:20 AM
naw man buford is too far for me. If you wanna come out to the marietta area and chill with me and some of my buds we will take you where we go.

Edit: PM me location.

rxsevinn
07-16-2007, 11:26 AM
hey guys...i need a place bad!!!!!...i keep getting these laying drags tickets cause the spot i go to is soo open and my other spot that nobody go to is to small...i would like to slide around with yall

Tracy
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
www.driftfury.com

rxsevinn
07-16-2007, 11:41 AM
yeah...i planned on comming to that...i had also planned on coming to the one yesterday...but i got the ticket the night before and counldnt afford the entry fee so...lol

Tracy
07-16-2007, 11:48 AM
yeah...i planned on comming to that...i had also planned on coming to the one yesterday...but i got the ticket the night before and counldnt afford the entry fee so...lol

Sanctioned events end up being cheaper in the long run :) Tickets ans jail are also not a good thing for your record or your future.

rxsevinn
07-16-2007, 12:03 PM
yeah...ur right...but im just looking for a place to practice techniques when there are no events. you know...like this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_wOJ5zpUfc&mode=user&search=

lol...i kid, i kid

-evinn

Tracy
07-16-2007, 12:42 PM
yeah...ur right...but im just looking for a place to practice techniques when there are no events. you know...like this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_wOJ5zpUfc&mode=user&search=

lol...i kid, i kid

-evinn

To each his own. Good luck with that. there are plenty events IMO. you will learn more in 1 day at a sanctioned event than 10 days on the street ;)

Kalifornia087
07-16-2007, 01:01 PM
To each his own. Good luck with that. there are plenty events IMO. you will learn more in 1 day at a sanctioned event than 10 days on the street ;)
Quoted for Truth

yea kinda.....hahaha itz a big warehouse and they trying to lease tha place...barely any cars around tho....been goin there 4 a week now...
Kind legal? Sounds like a good place to get arrested. I live really close to buford, but why risk it??

If they catch You then you can get a ticket for Reckless Driving, which by itself is expensive. Plus laying drag. then your insurance goes up, you have to go to court and defend yourself.... :blah: :blah:

Go to an event. You'll learn more there, and seeing as how you have trouble typing, im not so sure your safe enough to be drifting on the street.

-Austin

rxsevinn
07-16-2007, 01:15 PM
im commin to ur guys dyno day too...just wanna see how much the bimmers makin.

AnTi-PooN
07-16-2007, 03:22 PM
im on old p'tree hit me up i gotta rwd 5.0 hatch lol j/k

Tinton
07-16-2007, 03:29 PM
haha where do you guys go to drift? And what do you need in the car for it? I don't have a LSD....I thought you needed 1?

RealRHDSil80
07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Save that shit for legal events, unless you like buying new rims and LCAs

Elbow
07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Drifting's gay ;)

Yeah I would rather spend what $100 on a full day of legal drifting then time, money, and headache on the other.

Kalifornia087
07-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Drifting's gay ;)

Yeah I would rather spend what $100 on a full day of legal drifting then time, money, and headache on the other.
Speaking of which. When you coming out to an event man? Whats up with the miata?

-Austin

Elbow
07-17-2007, 09:24 AM
I was signed up for the last DG Trials event last month and on the way there a coolant hose broke on the back of the motor! IT SUCKED! I am doing a Solo 2 event this month, and Road Atlanta track day next month, I am going to try and work a drift day in :)

misfiend138
07-17-2007, 02:25 PM
For readers of this thread:
If you're so clueless about drifting, it's probably a better idea that you steer clear of doing it yourself. You'd be surprised how good trees and poles are at being at the same place your car is heading.

If you want to practice drifting so bad, go to a sanctioned event. Drift Days and similar organizations have lessons and divide things into beginner, intermediate and pro. Whether it's your first time in a RWD car or you've already qualified for Formula D at Road Atlanta, they can help you out.

If you want to slide around on your own so badly, find a weird family member that owns some land and slide in their grass or save your pennies and make your own skidpad. Closest example to this is my cousin had most of his backyard paved to go with the full size skatepark he built.

down_shift
07-18-2007, 05:23 PM
go to an event.