PDA

View Full Version : weird breaking sound in car

AnTi-PooN
07-14-2007, 11:17 AM
ok when i'm cruiing at 50 or higher there is like a popping type sound coming from the front right side of my car. at first i thought it was the cv or axle.... and it wasn't. now i think it's the tranny but it excelerates the same and the way it drives hasn't changed at all just the popping noise.... so now i'm thinking a mount:???: :???: :???: anyone have any ideas

patrick4588
07-14-2007, 11:27 AM
id check motor mounts

blackshine007
07-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Check your mounts. Check all the bolts that mount the engine/ trans to the chassis. Also, jack the front end up and check the suspension parts. Start off by shaking the wheel up and down by grabbing the top and bottom. The grab the wheel from the left and right side and shake with a little bit of force side to side. Let us know what you find

AnTi-PooN
07-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Check your mounts. Check all the bolts that mount the engine/ trans to the chassis. Also, jack the front end up and check the suspension parts. Start off by shaking the wheel up and down by grabbing the top and bottom. The grab the wheel from the left and right side and shake with a little bit of force side to side. Let us know what you find

thnx man ill try that

iEvo
07-15-2007, 01:53 PM
why did u cancle out the cv axle idea?

AnTi-PooN
07-16-2007, 03:19 PM
canceled out cv cuz tires plus checked them i would have but i dont gotta lift so if it was bad im not gonna try and fix it with jack stands..... i put a new tranny mount and its all good thnx for the help guys