PDA

View Full Version : My car = NO start. PLEASE HELP

myyellowspec
07-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Ok heres the deal. I recently replaced the clutch, plugs, dizzy, and some other little stuff. I drove it around the block for a few days to make sure everything was ok before taking it on the street. Last night I thought my car was 100% except it was running rich for some reason. I drove it about ten miles and the CEL came on and I said "man, thats wierd". About 4 miles later my car just died. Popped the hood and the battery hod gotten disconnected, which made me think alternator. I reconnected it and now the car will kinda start for a little bit. It will start and rev to like 1K and sit for a little bit and die, when I try to drive it the car sputters and back-fires then dies. Any suggestions, ridicule, ANYTHING will be most appreciated. Oh I almost forgot the car is a 91 teg with the stock B18A.

2.0civic
07-14-2007, 11:08 AM
so does it idle by iteslf or do you have to keep your foot in it?

myyellowspec
07-14-2007, 04:35 PM
it will idle by itself for a very short ammount of time.

quickdodgeŽ
07-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Do you have insurance on it? Later, QD.

TRDwasiq
07-14-2007, 05:00 PM
check the spark plugs..they were already gaped?? or did u gaped them

changaroo
07-14-2007, 05:20 PM
check the plugs, are they fouled?

myyellowspec
07-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Havent had a chance to check the plugs yet but they were pre-gapped cause they are platinum plugs.

myyellowspec
07-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Do you have insurance on it? Later, QD.

Umm yeah but what does that have to do with it

quickdodgeŽ
07-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Umm yeah but what does that have to do with it

Adopted in the late 1930's, some Hondas are equipped with an auto-shutoff if the car is found to have no insurance. If the policy lapses, you have approximately the amount of time for your car to stop rolling until the car will not be drivable again. Once you pick the insurance back up, when the DMV gets the info, they will release the remote start and you can drive again. Later, QD.

myyellowspec
07-14-2007, 06:19 PM
OIC 18 years before honda was founded??? But lol neways.

quickdodgeŽ
07-14-2007, 06:20 PM
^^^ Isn't that weird. Lolol. Later, QD.

sullen
07-14-2007, 06:33 PM
check timing, check to make sure you have spark on all 4, and check connections.

Nismo_RPS13
07-14-2007, 07:13 PM
um i'm sure you did this, but make sure that your wires are connected to the alternator. it sounds like it drove for 4 miles on the power of your battery which isn't enough voltage... which would make your car run like shit.

i don't understand the sentence: "Popped the hood and the battery hod gotten disconnected, which made me think alternator."

does that mean one of the terminals on your battery had gotten loose so you assumed your alternator was bad? what?

sullen
07-14-2007, 07:16 PM
it prolly means the battery was disconnected.... since thats what he said... nonetheless, the battery idea sounds right. you can drive a car around for a bit on battery only, then once the charge is completely gone, it wont run at all. check to make sure the alternator is connected up.

AnclyT
07-14-2007, 09:40 PM
check your grounds...

either that or bring it to "Vuong's Garage"

TRDwasiq
07-14-2007, 10:46 PM
lol at ^^ aaha

myyellowspec
07-15-2007, 10:49 AM
check your grounds...

either that or bring it to "Vuong's Garage"

If I didn't live on the other side of the world I totally would. lol

myyellowspec
07-15-2007, 10:52 AM
um i'm sure you did this, but make sure that your wires are connected to the alternator. it sounds like it drove for 4 miles on the power of your battery which isn't enough voltage... which would make your car run like shit.

i don't understand the sentence: "Popped the hood and the battery hod gotten disconnected, which made me think alternator."

does that mean one of the terminals on your battery had gotten loose so you assumed your alternator was bad? what?

The pos terminal was loose and had come off. When I reconnected it the car wouldn't rev above 1K and it kept back firing. Does anybody know how to check a cel on a 91?

K-Rock
07-15-2007, 11:12 AM
my car did the same thing, i had to keep my foot on the gas to keep it at 1 grand for it to keep running, and it turns out i had to get an egr assembly and new plugs and wires and a distributor, so hopefully thats not whats wrong with yours

iEvo
07-15-2007, 12:22 PM
i bet somthing came loose or u didnt connect it back when u were doin the clutch and stuff. run over everything u have messed with and make sure everything is good to go

myyellowspec
07-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Well I already did plugs, wires, dizzy so now i'll check my egr valve.

twinj
07-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Check all grounds and definately check them. Them check that alternator i bet you problem is one of the two.( it is loose somewhere)

Is the Tach jumping around.

myyellowspec
07-15-2007, 02:50 PM
As of now I am going over everything that I have replaced. And the tach isn't jumping at all cause I can barely get it started. The car cranks very well because of an optima yellow top so I know its not the battery.