PDA

View Full Version : Window seal question?

GSRtegŪ
07-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Ok, I have a problem see if any of y'all can shed some light into this quesion. I got my window tinted a week ago today... now Thurday I roll them down and notice that the front two windows tint have been pushed down.... At first a get pissed and take it to the tint place.... they tell me that the window seals need to the reconditioned ( you know were the window scrolls up to shut.) Hmmm i think to my self why didnt they check and do it for me ( they said that hondas are known for that.) So, they give me another appointment to get them done no charge ( i guess bc they didnt check or forgot to tell me) Now the question what can I use to make the window seals soft and not hard like they are now?

GSRtegŪ
07-14-2007, 12:43 AM
They said something about spray silecone ( put it on a rag and rub it in), but I tried it and only made it hard like it was and sticky which I dont need. :(

GSRtegŪ
07-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Bump

gtikid
07-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Silicone?? :lmfao: Try some ArmorAll

gtikid
07-14-2007, 01:55 PM
BTW it sounds like an excuse for a shitty job they did

GSRtegŪ
07-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Might just be man, but if it happens again im raising hell. Amoral might work ill check it out.

BTW it sounds like an excuse for a shitty job they did

nautiboi73
07-17-2007, 08:55 AM
it sounds like you are experiencing what the Tint shop was talking about with 90's model hondas. I am not sure what year make you have and I am not going to guess from your sig.
But the tint is getting pinched in the upper front corner of both windows I am guess. the silicone is supposed to provide long lasting lubricant so that the seal will not put a ton of pressure on the tint and cause it to pinch at that spot. Down side to lubricant is that you will never really will have a clean glass, and if you do you will have a pinched tint.

Although the shop that you took it to allowed you to get illegal tint, possibly setting you and them up for legal problems down the road. no matter how well of job they could have done without that being addressed the tint would have pinched at sometime. I would have thought longer than a week unless your seal really sucks and you window won't even close completely, you know what i am talking about a quarter inch gap in that corner.