PDA

View Full Version : The Accord is finally up and running...

Romeo
07-13-2007, 10:13 PM
back in may i found a 1980 Accord. the interior was perfect. it had been sitting for almost 20 years. everything was there. but i was told the motor spun a bearing or something. so i started looking into it and i found another motor. when i went to pick it up, it turned out that it was a CVCC motor from the CVCC version accord. so i picked it up. and i started pulling the old motor and replacing all the lines, brakes, filters, and changing all the fluids. and today i finally finished it up and got it running. :bannana: it started right up. i will post up some pictures when i get a chance.

DSM_rider
07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
this car is gangsta!!:goodjob: helped do the swap. haha:cheers:

Honda_98_civ
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
yall some crazy fools i swear, u gonna drive it to school???

allmotoronly
07-24-2007, 10:42 PM
me and a friend of mine had a 81 or 82 accord back a few years ago that his uncle gave him. We put coil spacers in the springs, jacked it up, put knobby fourwheeler tires on it, and used it to mud bog and act like we were rally racing in the woods... needless to say the transmission only lasted like 3 weeks... We cut the exhaust off at the flex pipe on the front and aimed the exhaust at the ground in front of the engine. if you were beside another car and held the gas down in 5th, it wouldnt accelerate at all, and when you let off it would backfire so loud that people would duck and swerve off the road thinking it was a drive by. We also put a big "fear this" sticker on the windshield and some hubcap spinners on it. I'll try to find a pic

Apache
07-27-2007, 09:03 AM
^^ Now that's mad crazy:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

But I would love 2 see some pix:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Romeo
08-06-2007, 11:37 PM
ill get some up tomorrow if i remember. lol. but i got the car running and then the damn carb. went out. so now im trying to save up to replace it. cause i dont feel like rebuilding the original.