PDA

View Full Version : Misc Need A New Bank

Mr_Mischif
07-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Like the title says, I'm looking for a new bank, I would like a high APY or interest rate, and credit unions are good too. Just list some you've had no problems with.

scionara
07-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I have a credit union southern credit for about 3 years never overdraft or anything keep money in da bank and when I needed to barrow money they just gave it to me no hassles

Tinton
07-13-2007, 09:27 PM
I use Wachovia, and when I had my Camaro I had it financed through LGE Credit Union (Lockheed). Both seem to be good companies, Wachovia has never given me problems and they've even taken off overdraft charges when I've gone up there to bitch at them.

The only bank I would avoid is BoA. I've heard of people having nothing but problems with them... I think someone on here had a problem where they got like -$900,000 in their bank account because of a BoA error.

Brut
07-13-2007, 10:37 PM
I have BoA and WaMu. Go with WaMu never had any problems with them at all. With BoA I've had many many many problems with them and it takes forever to resolve them.

{X}Echo419
07-14-2007, 01:44 AM
wachovia

OneSlow5pt0
07-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Like the title says, I'm looking for a new bank, I would like a high APY or interest rate, and credit unions are good too. Just list some you've had no problems with.

lol,when did i make it into ur sig

umm..ill say wachovia,never had trouble

quickdodgeŽ
07-14-2007, 09:12 AM
No problems with WaMu.

Thing is this: You're not going to get your decision on here or any other message board. Everyone is going to have a bad experience with every bank(for the most part). Some people let one mistake control their thinking for a lifetime. Some don't. You're not going to have 95% say to go with one bank or not. Later, QD.

SampaGuy
07-14-2007, 11:37 AM
i have checking with wachovia (atms everywhere, free online banking, so its convenient), savings with ING Direct (good apy rate). no complaints.

Brandon C
07-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Associated Credit Union. I Just went through this search myself. Check them Out..MAny Locations..Great Bank even had my mom move there

Julio
07-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Call Flagstar bank ask for Cindy Lunceford - Tell her Julio from IA refered you.
770.978-0535

They will beat any local rate... Open 7 days a week..

Dracc
07-15-2007, 10:00 PM
how much does it cost to open student checking at flagstar?? i have wamu and BOA ...like wamu better then BOA

Julio
07-16-2007, 11:17 AM
how much does it cost to open student checking at flagstar?? i have wamu and BOA ...like wamu better then BOA

call them up and ask them.. I have no idea. I just have an account there =]

I also have Suntrust as my main.. But so far impressed w/ flagstar.

allmotoronly
07-16-2007, 02:55 PM
I bank at a bank in Macon (Security Bank) and I have a premium checking account, which pays almost 5 percent interest if you keep $2500 or more in there at all times. They have branches around GA, not sure where though.

Pebbles
07-16-2007, 09:41 PM

Flagstar offers free checking. Minimum to open is $50. No minimum balance to maintain and no maintenance fees. We are open 7 days a week and have extended hours. Mon-Fri 7:30 am - 7:30 pm, Sat 8:30 -4, Sun 12-4. We also have no cut off times for deposits unlike alot of other banks. So depending on what kind of check, etc..we will credit your account same day until we close. Saturday is also a business day for us..so you can come in all the way until 4 and get credit that evening. We have free online banking and we will give you your first order of checks for free. We offer very competitive CD rates to our customers and will beat other banks rates. If you are interested in opening an account, I can let you know how you can earn $100 right off the bat, plus earn more down the road. I work there so let me know if you have any other questions!

quickdodgeŽ
07-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Non paying advertisers get banned automatically. No questions asked. Doesn't matter if they are doing the owner. Later, QD.

BB6dohcvtec
07-16-2007, 11:13 PM
I bank at a bank in Macon (Security Bank) and I have a premium checking account, which pays almost 5 percent interest if you keep $2500 or more in there at all times. They have branches around GA, not sure where though.

I believe security is just around the central georgia area macon/gray/and warner robins

BB6dohcvtec
07-16-2007, 11:18 PM
I personally use BOA and ING. I like them both but the flagstar bank seems pretty cool too bad they are in atlanta.

Pebbles
07-17-2007, 08:44 PM
I personally use BOA and ING. I like them both but the flagstar bank seems pretty cool too bad they are in atlanta.

Dont worry we are continuously growing and opening new branches..so hopefully one by you soon!:D

Pebbles
07-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Non paying advertisers get banned automatically. No questions asked. Doesn't matter if they are doing the owner. Later, QD.

Hey shush it...u don't know if i paid or not :taun: ...haha!

quickdodgeŽ
07-17-2007, 09:07 PM
^^ Lolol. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
07-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Call Flagstar bank ask for Cindy Lunceford - Tell her Julio from IA refered you.
770.978-0535

I was going to suggest the same thing.

I have a couple of accounts there and they paid the highest interest of anyone else.

Mr_Mischif
07-18-2007, 01:52 PM
I was going to suggest the same thing.

I have a couple of accounts there and they paid the highest interest of anyone else.

Save ING.

devinwebb907
07-18-2007, 02:03 PM
i have southeastern federal credit union...i dont know if there are any branches in atlanta, but they are great friendly and easy.

i like credit unions over banks though so i may be a little more biased. get a bank that has many locations nationally too...like the only suntrust where i live is an atm inside wal-mart.

Mr_Mischif
07-18-2007, 02:04 PM
770.978-0535

This one's for Julio and his wife: you say you will beat any local rate, right? As in APY? Then if I came in and asked you to beat the Advantage Checking (http://www.acuonline.org/home/rates.rates_checking) rate, you would? This might be the clincher.

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
This one's for Julio and his wife: you say you will beat any local rate, right? As in APY? Then if I came in and asked you to beat the Advantage Checking (http://www.acuonline.org/home/rates.rates_checking) rate, you would? This might be the clincher.

There's a caveat to the "matching advertised rates".....it applies to CD's and not checking accts. ;)

BUT, and this is a BIG BUT, if YIELD is what you're looking for......they can meet or beat any advertised local bank's YIELD and you can just get a 30 day CD. I have one of those and it automatically renews every 30 days if I want it.

The yield on a 30 day CD, if all you have is the CD, is 4.88%.
The yield on that same 30 day CD if you have any other acct with them jumps up to 5.16% because you will considered a "loyal" customer. ;)

So you could technically open a small, no fee, checking acct with say....$50 (BTW, they GIVE you $50 for just opening the acct... ;) )....be considered a "loyal" customer....and put the bulk of you money into that 30 day CD and make 5.16% on it. Every 30 days, your money is just as liquid as any checking acct if need be....you don't have to renew it....but if you want a way to get money on something that's acting like a plain ole savings acct, that's the way to go.

The only catch is that the small free checking acct has to have something move thru it every once in a while.....like a direct deposit, online bill pay, etc. It can't just sit there and never get used.

Any questions? Let me know. :goodjob:

Julio
07-18-2007, 02:41 PM

Jaime pretty much nailed it...

Im telling you guys.. Flagstar has some cool stuff going on.. they are so new in the Atlanta market, they offering ALOT i think for a new local bank here in GA.

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Jaime pretty much nailed it...

Im telling you guys.. Flagstar has some cool stuff going on.. they are so new in the Atlanta market, they offering ALOT i think for a new local bank here in GA.

:goodjob:

I called up there and tried my damndest to get your Cindy to figure out who I was on the phone.....she just stayed all professional and stuff......then she went over to the other Cindy and asked her...."was that Jaime?"..... :lmfao:

Cindy told her she was having a blonde moment..... :lmfao:

Mr_Mischif
07-18-2007, 03:29 PM
What ATM Networks is Flagstar in? Is it just Plus?

Julio
07-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Visa/PLUS/ Cirrus and so on.... call them.... =] But I think they usually refund the fee a non Flagstar ATM charge...
770.978.3247 ask For Cindy lunceford... Give it a shot playa.

Julio
07-18-2007, 03:39 PM

I called up there and tried my damndest to get your Cindy to figure out who I was on the phone.....she just stayed all professional and stuff......then she went over to the other Cindy and asked her...."was that Jaime?"..... :lmfao:

ooppsss.. hahah

Mr_Mischif
07-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Visa/PLUS/ Cirrus and so on.... call them.... =] But I think they usually refund the fee a non Flagstar ATM charge...
770.978.3247 ask For Cindy lunceford... Give it a shot playa.

I am seriously considering it; but DAMN the branches are far from me! I'm living in sou ful, starting college in Carrolton, and all the branches are 25+ mi away!

Julio
07-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I am seriously considering it; but DAMN the branches are far from me! I'm living in sou ful, starting college in Carrolton, and all the branches are 25+ mi away!

True. But.. Honestly, not sure how you used your banks. I dont know when was the last time I visited a branch... lol.

I think 25 Miles is not bad for the rewards you will get at 1st. + the interested rates on CD's are pretty strong.

Dracc
07-18-2007, 05:04 PM
i'm gonna give it a shot.. there is one right here on sugarloaf next to my bank lol

Pebbles
07-18-2007, 08:52 PM
There's a caveat to the "matching advertised rates".....it applies to CD's and not checking accts. ;)

BUT, and this is a BIG BUT, if YIELD is what you're looking for......they can meet or beat any advertised local bank's YIELD and you can just get a 30 day CD. I have one of those and it automatically renews every 30 days if I want it.

The yield on a 30 day CD, if all you have is the CD, is 4.88%.
The yield on that same 30 day CD if you have any other acct with them jumps up to 5.16% because you will considered a "loyal" customer. ;)

So you could technically open a small, no fee, checking acct with say....$50 (BTW, they GIVE you $50 for just opening the acct... ;) )....be considered a "loyal" customer....and put the bulk of you money into that 30 day CD and make 5.16% on it. Every 30 days, your money is just as liquid as any checking acct if need be....you don't have to renew it....but if you want a way to get money on something that's acting like a plain ole savings acct, that's the way to go.

The only catch is that the small free checking acct has to have something move thru it every once in a while.....like a direct deposit, online bill pay, etc. It can't just sit there and never get used.

Any questions? Let me know. :goodjob:

Good job Jaime!

Also remember if you are part of the loyalty program with the checking account...we will also beat other banks rates. So say for instance another bank is offering 5.60%, I can give you 5.65%. So there for we will always give the higher apy.

Pebbles
07-18-2007, 08:54 PM

haha! I thought it was you but was unsure. I didn't want to say is this Jaime and be wrong..lol. I see how it is though..always askin for the other Cindy and not me..boo for you.

Dracc
07-20-2007, 12:55 AM
son as I come up with the 50 i'm in flagstar.. great bank.. plus with a rep like cindy.. come on +1

Pebbles
07-26-2007, 09:38 PM
son as I come up with the 50 i'm in flagstar.. great bank.. plus with a rep like cindy.. come on +1

Thanks for coming in today to open your account! Let me know if you need anything!!!!