PDA

View Full Version : Wholy craigslist scammers batman!!

Doppelgänger
07-13-2007, 10:21 AM
So i have this Alienware laptop im selling and decided to put it on CL. Now, i know there are scammers on there, but i got these 2 messages within MINUTES of posting my ad.

Since i have a bunch of really bad computer parts here, im going to fuck with at least one of them. I'm going to end up acting like im a dumb sucker that wants to sell them this laptop for this great deal they offer. Now i know i can not accept the money and i will turn it in to the authorities.... or frame it to remind me of the fun you can have with scammers.

Here are the messages-

"Subject: Alienware Area51 laptop computer - $1175
To: [email protected]
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

hi
i'm interested in buying this item and also offering you the best
offer,i'm only send the item to my baby boy,who went for an excursion
programme in aborad,you can send me your paypal invoice then i can make the
payment,coz he needs it urengly,i will be offering you $350 for the shipping,payment will be made as soon as i receive your paypal id
thanks"

And this was the other one........

Hello,
I will like to show my interest in Buying this item for my Boss who went for an Educational research in west africa. I will like to know the Condition of the item before i can buy it?
I will want you to know that i will be making the Payment through BANK TO BANK TRANSFER? Moreso, can you consider me with $1,500USD for this item including the shipping cost to west africa?
Now, i will want you to send me your Full BANK Details where the Monay will be Transfer to by my Bank so that i can make the Payment asap.
You can contact me directly: [email protected] or give me your Email address?
Wait to read from you soon
Thanks.

O this is going to be fun!

Doppelgänger
07-13-2007, 10:24 AM
I also got this one....

Hello Dear,
Thanks for getting back to me.My name is pat Dandey and iam located in Chicago but currently went for an art show in Nicaragua (NG).
I will like to purchase this item and from you and iam willing to offer $1200
As for shiping,you dont have to pay a dime for it cos i will be responsible for the shipping to destination. Upon approval of payment, i will send you a fed-ex prepaid shipping label to you which you will paste on the package before they pick it up after payment has been approved.
I will be making payment via Alertpay Online payment at which you dont need to register to get your money delivered to you.Its is fast and also efficient..All i need is your full name and contact address to which iam going to make payment and a confirmation will be delivered/sent to your email box.As soon as you get this mail it means that the payment has been approved.
Kindly get back to me with your full name and address with your full name and address cos thats how it will be writting on the Alertpay Online payment.
i look forward to hear from you.God bless you have a nice day.
Dandey

Magnus213
07-13-2007, 10:29 AM
i look forward to hear from you.God bless you have a nice day.
Dandey
Oh man, playing the G-card! Shameless!

Driftk1d350z
07-13-2007, 10:30 AM
i got so many emails like that when i was trying to sell my car it wasnt even funny

BuBBa DRiFT
07-13-2007, 10:31 AM
explain in detail how you will take care of this situation

Elbow
07-13-2007, 10:35 AM
yeah i get about 30 scam e-mails a day from ebay sales

JennB
07-13-2007, 10:38 AM
http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

Ed
07-13-2007, 10:40 AM
dear? lol

Elbow
07-13-2007, 10:43 AM
http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

:goodjob:

Kevykev
07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
One actually sent a check, I wanted to see how far it would go!

Damn let downs!

Doppelgänger
07-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Alrighty, i think im going to play a game with Mr Dandey. I just looked up people in Chicago with that name. Turns out no one there even has that last name!!!

Funny thing is that the email name attached is Mike Dandey, but in the email it says PAT dandey.

Also, i already selected a decoy device... aka laptop. I took some parts from my work, a busted ass LCD, cracked palm rest and a cracked bottom, bad motherboard with no processor, broken CD drive and put it all together. Funny thing is, it looks like a good laptop at a glance!!! There is no battery, HD, memory, ANYTHING... its just a shell. Fuck i didnt even put a keyboard in it buahahaha.

Doppelgänger
07-13-2007, 11:27 AM
ok, here was my reply...

"Mr Dandey,

I am happy to sell you laptop. I have it already boxed up and awaiting payment arrangements. I am unfamiliar with this "Alertpay" company as i do not do much business on the interweb. I am know who "paypal" is, can you send me money to my pay pal? I would prefer. But if you cannot, i will do Alertpay as a last resort. How does Alertpay work?

Also, is the package going to be international? If it will be getting sent overseas i would like to apply extra padding to the box to keep it from getting any damage!!! I know you dont want that.

Please let me know!!!"

jR1_kS14
07-13-2007, 11:58 AM
LOL its always the an African country

Magnus213
07-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Haha oh shit! I'm going to watch the progress! KICK HIS ASS!

DaMaGe ZWK
07-13-2007, 01:15 PM
ive been getting alot of this shit lately too... let me know what you do cause i wouldnt mind screwing with them too.... lol

Crazy Asian
07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
OOO put a big sign in there that says YOU GOT OWNED!!!!

Magnus213
07-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Was the link on this forum of the guy who got fed up with junk mail (not email, real mail)?

Basically, the junk mail offers free return mail for people who are interested, and interestingly the free return has a weight limit of 70 lbs. The guy sent a crappy old tire, for free.

Crazy Asian
07-13-2007, 01:28 PM
HAHHAHAHHHAHAAHAH A TIRE!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I bet you hordes of kids are playing with that.

Doppelgänger
07-13-2007, 01:37 PM
LoL..... i was thinking of putting some baking powder in the computer with a note that says "Anthrax is a bitch"

DaMaGe ZWK
07-13-2007, 02:05 PM
LoL..... i was thinking of putting some baking powder in the computer with a note that says "Anthrax is a bitch"
hell yeah that would be funny as hell... wish there was a cheap ass camera you could put in there to see how much hell they raise when they open the box... lol

Doppelgänger
07-13-2007, 02:14 PM
So i have a question for you... if someone is willing to pay me via PAY PAL... is there a way the funds could be fraudulent??? Because i have one thats suspicious but is willing to pay with paypal....

JennB
07-13-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't know but if it looks suspicious in ANY way. Don't do it.

DaMaGe ZWK
07-13-2007, 02:22 PM
you could wait until the funds are there before you ship it out... im not sure what i would do in that situation though

Doppelgänger
07-13-2007, 06:45 PM
So.... who wants to donate to a 'fuck scammers' fund so i can ship them a pile of shit?

TRDwasiq
07-13-2007, 06:46 PM
LOW MILES! HARD TO FIND GS-R MODEL IN FABULOUS CONDITION! GS-R means Acura's larger, high-revving more powerful 170 horsepower VTEC motor..
andI have owned a third generation Acura Integra before and this car will not disappoint. Here is what New Car Test Drive says about the Integra GS-R, "The GS-R makes any driver feel like a hero, almost anticipating your wishes, filling your senses with delicious sounds and seat-of-the-pants sensations. Open the throttle, and the twin-cam engine growls with authority and revs like there's no tomorrow. The taut suspension helps it slice through corners with precision."
craiglist FTW hahha

FoolsDrifFWD
07-13-2007, 11:54 PM
lol

Mr.MuayThai
07-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Holy shit. . . there are a few people sending me crap about my alarm system, now im thinking of going to through with it and sending him a broken ipod with a few wires attached and tell him it was a custom alarm system that played music when someone touched you car!
I will wait for the money and see if it will actually cash out. . . either or I will send him/her the Ipod Alarm system! And so the whole (anthrax baby powder thing) thanks for the idea droptop!

speedracer41
07-14-2007, 11:01 PM

Good idea!! I hear jailis pretty nice these days! DUMBASS, just do us all a favor and go play in traffic

BuBBa DRiFT
07-15-2007, 11:24 AM
yeah that is a good way to get locked up though haha

On_Her_Face
07-15-2007, 12:16 PM
but it would be funny as fuck

AznTraitor
07-15-2007, 08:21 PM
that one prank that was posted....seems like alot of trouble really....I really think I have a better way to spend my time then to come up with that scheme and then actually commit to it....

...my advice to you....spend more than 5mins on it....then you've already wasted too much time trying to bust on a scammer

LeX
07-15-2007, 11:23 PM
if you have paypal and they send money first u cant go wrong... just transfer the money from paypal to your bank account, as soon as it clears bank then ship or don't ship the item. Paypal can't extract money from your bank, only your paypal balance