PDA

View Full Version : Celica GTS Good or Bad?

aznqc
07-10-2005, 09:53 PM
I am about to get a celica just want to hear what yall think about the car.

Jtultra
07-11-2005, 10:14 PM
the best

Jay0022
07-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Yea i love my celica gt-s

aznqc
07-12-2005, 07:47 PM
ok yeah I read some bad reviews just started to have doubts

PSINXS
07-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Depends on what u want it for. for speed? sad to say that thing is slow.i test drove the manual gts and it is verl slow n overpriced. i work for toyota in conyers. if u want a good show car go for it. They can look really nice. For speed be prepared to lay down some cash for hp per dollar. The best celica gt-s i saw had a 3sgte in it. The only place the stock motor(1zz? 2zz? eh who cares its slow) belongs is in the much lighter Lotus Elise.

aznqc
07-13-2005, 06:03 PM
180hp is decent I think but Mostly I am buying it for looks

PSINXS
07-13-2005, 06:07 PM
IF looks is your thing then thats your car. FOr the money though I'd get a used s2k.

aznqc
07-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Yeah But Don't really like 2 seaters

Spyder
07-15-2005, 12:43 PM
I am about to get a celica just want to hear what yall think about the car.
if you are looking to buy one i promise you dont want to hear what i have to say about them. other then do what makes you happy ;)

SandM
07-15-2005, 05:34 PM
i work for toyota at gwinnett place, and celica gt-s's are not my favorite car. as for the 180 hp thing, the car doesnt feel like it has that much. the exhaust systems are curvy like a mountain road. the vvtl-i is a plus though. many people have related it to sounding as good, if not better than v-tec. if you get one, no spoiler, no kit, no pricey wheels, base 6-speed. also, watch out for that close ratio gear box. there have been many instances where people have come in needing tranny work becuase they thought they dropped it down to the right gear, and overshot it by two. just my two cents.

raven97990
07-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Actually, what "usualy" happens on the 6 speed gear box is someone goes to shift, and downshifts instead, and sends the engine into a 11,000 rpm free for all, usualy there you get all new valves, pistons are too damaged to be reused.... etc.

aznqc
07-22-2005, 09:21 AM
that kind of sucks

Spyder
07-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Actually, what "usualy" happens on the 6 speed gear box is someone goes to shift, and downshifts instead, and sends the engine into a 11,000 rpm free for all, usualy there you get all new valves, pistons are too damaged to be reused.... etc.

aka "money shift"

raven97990
07-22-2005, 10:54 PM
aka "money shift"

I like that... makes me lots o money when they do that

88civiczc
07-22-2005, 11:12 PM
i work for toyota at gwinnett place, and celica gt-s's are not my favorite car. as for the 180 hp thing, the car doesnt feel like it has that much. the exhaust systems are curvy like a mountain road. the vvtl-i is a plus though. many people have related it to sounding as good, if not better than v-tec. if you get one, no spoiler, no kit, no pricey wheels, base 6-speed. also, watch out for that close ratio gear box. there have been many instances where people have come in needing tranny work becuase they thought they dropped it down to the right gear, and overshot it by two. just my two cents.

If you work for Toyota can you get me the transmission ID for the 6 speeds?

It should be a T-xx something.

Or the T model 6 speed may be out of the MR2..not really sure...But I would appreciate this if anybody could find out for me.

raven97990
07-23-2005, 06:14 PM
If you work for Toyota can you get me the transmission ID for the 6 speeds?

It should be a T-xx something.

Or the T model 6 speed may be out of the MR2..not really sure...But I would appreciate this if anybody could find out for me.

About four months ago I could have given you one that all it needed was the Syncros for 2nd... =) But that was four months ago

JITB
07-23-2005, 09:45 PM
i beat a gts, in my protege with the original 1.8. Cars looks real good tho... jsut cost too much.

Negrodamus
07-24-2005, 02:01 PM
for looks that things is awesome.....black gts, nice drop, te37's and a apexi n1 catback with NO spoiler.Looks fresh!!!

88civiczc
07-24-2005, 09:29 PM
About four months ago I could have given you one that all it needed was the Syncros for 2nd... =) But that was four months ago

Well, All I was looking for was what the Trans Code was on the 6 speeds....

But by all means If one comes in there and needs a Trans, I WILL take it...As long as the whole tranny isnt shot.

I plan on trying to convert a 5 speed in a C-52 from a 86 MR2 trans with the guts of a 6 speed C-60. I know it can be done, Ive seen it done and a company is doing them but they are High dollar.

And disregard my last few posts..this is what I meant>....

What model car does a C-60 Trans come out of...Thats the Tranny I need a C-60...If you can find me one, whether or not it needs rebuilding we can work something out for you....:D...thanx Raven.

raven97990
07-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Well, All I was looking for was what the Trans Code was on the 6 speeds....

But by all means If one comes in there and needs a Trans, I WILL take it...As long as the whole tranny isnt shot.

I plan on trying to convert a 5 speed in a C-52 from a 86 MR2 trans with the guts of a 6 speed C-60. I know it can be done, Ive seen it done and a company is doing them but they are High dollar.

And disregard my last few posts..this is what I meant>....

What model car does a C-60 Trans come out of...Thats the Tranny I need a C-60...If you can find me one, whether or not it needs rebuilding we can work something out for you....:D...thanx Raven.

Well, the only car that I can think of that has a 6speed is the Celica, and the Corrola XRS, the new tacoma...... those are the only Yota's I can think of, I'll let you know tommrow if I remember to get what the tranny comes from..

88civiczc
07-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Find me a trans while your at it too...:D....I know one will be in there sooner or later with a bad 2nd gear synchros...Ive started hearing horror stories about those things going out like crazy!.

raven97990
07-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Find me a trans while your at it too...:D....I know one will be in there sooner or later with a bad 2nd gear synchros...Ive started hearing horror stories about those things going out like crazy!.

You know what causes them to go bad? High rpm shifts with the clutch barely disengaged....

raven97990
07-27-2005, 09:22 AM

The toyota C-60 transmission came in all 6 speed Celicas, Corrolas and the Matrix... any FWD 6speed