PDA

View Full Version : Misc need help with mac osx

an0therh22
07-12-2007, 09:32 PM
just got a apple computer today and never used mac osx before. i just need help connecting to the internet using the airport. right now i'm clueless of how to do that.

Hulud
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
ok heres a simple guide:

Step 1: Turn on Mac

Step 2: Find Wireless Program

Step 3: Place Mac on the ground

Step 4: Raise one foot up real high and monkey stomp that piece of shit

Step 5: When you get home buy a PC

Step 6: Problem Solved

an0therh22
07-12-2007, 09:39 PM
ok heres a simple guide:

Step 1: Turn on Mac

Step 2: Find Wireless Program

Step 3: Place Mac on the ground

Step 4: Raise one foot up real high and monkey stomp that piece of shit

Step 5: When you get home buy a PC

Step 6: Problem Solved
haha i already did that but it still doesn't work. i had a labtop with windows xp and i think it's much easier to use than the apple.

Hulud
07-12-2007, 09:41 PM
haha i already did that but it still doesn't work.
hmmmmm then i dunno what to do lol

i had a labtop with windows xp and i think it's much easier to use than the apple.
yea i dont like mac's OS

an0therh22
07-12-2007, 10:42 PM
fuck this is really starting to piss me off now haha.

Kyle
07-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Well in the upper right corner of your screen you should see the wireless signal you are getting. So click it, and in the little drop down window it shows what networks your computer picks up. Click whatever network you want to be on.

an0therh22
07-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Well in the upper right corner of your screen you should see the wireless signal you are getting. So click it, and in the little drop down window it shows what networks your computer picks up. Click whatever network you want to be on.
i tried that but no networks show up.

TRDwasiq
07-13-2007, 12:48 AM
i am using os9.2 :) well on the top left corner click on apple sign the first thing u see is Airport click on it make sure ur airport driver is already installed it should work. i can do it if i can see in person

an0therh22
07-13-2007, 12:51 AM
airport is installed and on. i just don't know how ot search for wireless networks like on windows so i typed in the network ssid and the wep key, but it still won't connect.

Kyle
07-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Well in the drop down window hit open internet connect and go from there.

an0therh22
07-13-2007, 01:00 AM
alright what do i do from there? it says no network selected and on the drop down menu there's no networks.

eloist2
07-13-2007, 01:07 AM
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh636.html

try that.

if your wireless network isn't setup, your computer wont be able to find it, no matter if it's a mac or PC.

another thing to try is this:

go to system preferences, in the bottom bar of the OS. Click the network icon, make sure that it is set on wireless, and not ethernet. If you still have issues, just call the apple store. They will walk you through.

Don't get mad bro. It's a completely new Operating System for you. You wont be able to jump right in. Macs and PC's both do the exact same shit, they just have different names for it (and on a mac you dont have install 6 different pieces of software and restart your machine every 5 minutes)

Expect a learning curve. The other thing I can say is take advantage of the FREE training classes our local Apple stores offer. Sign up online. Did I mention they are FREE?????

Macs rule. PC are shitboxes. You'll agree when you don't get a virus or spyware ever again.

imbosile
07-13-2007, 01:10 AM
mac ftw

if it's not showing up, then that means the network isn't up. i highly doubt your airport isn't working.

TRDwasiq
07-13-2007, 01:12 AM
aite drop down menu do u see a network browser??if u do click on it and it will automatically search it.. and ^^^ 100% true abt virus shit

an0therh22
07-13-2007, 01:14 AM
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh636.html

try that.

if your wireless network isn't setup, your computer wont be able to find it, no matter if it's a mac or PC.

another thing to try is this:

go to system preferences, in the bottom bar of the OS. Click the network icon, make sure that it is set on wireless, and not ethernet. If you still have issues, just call the apple store. They will walk you through.

Don't get mad bro. It's a completely new Operating System for you. You wont be able to jump right in. Macs and PC's both do the exact same shit, they just have different names for it (and on a mac you dont have install 6 different pieces of software and restart your machine every 5 minutes)

Expect a learning curve. The other thing I can say is take advantage of the FREE training classes our local Apple stores offer. Sign up online. Did I mention they are FREE?????

Macs rule. PC are shitboxes. You'll agree when you don't get a virus or spyware ever again.
that's what i've been doing. i typed in the name and key but it still won't connect.

an0therh22
07-13-2007, 01:17 AM
when i click the airport icon there's only options to turn airport off, other..., create network, or open internet connect

TRDwasiq
07-13-2007, 01:19 AM
create network:) or try open internet connection

osnap
07-13-2007, 01:28 AM
i had a labtop with windows xp and i think it's much easier to use than the apple.

LIRL i love when people say that :rolleyes:

This post has been brought to you by a Mac

an0therh22
07-13-2007, 01:29 AM
create network:) or try open internet connection
alright i did that and it says the signal level is good but bsae station id doesn't say anything. and status:computer to computer status not available.

Jecht
07-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Mac FTW

I just don't own one at the time... :(

TRDwasiq
07-13-2007, 01:34 AM
alright i did that and it says the signal level is good but bsae station id doesn't say anything. and status:computer to computer status not available.hmm man if i could see it in person it will take me 2 mins to do it:) i just dont have osx i have os9 so its not the same:(sorry

an0therh22
07-13-2007, 01:38 AM
hey guys thanks!! i found out that the problem was the airport card's range sucks and it was too far away from the router. i thought it'd be able to reach the same distance as the oem wireless card in my toshiba satellite. I repped everybody that posted.

osnap
07-13-2007, 01:47 AM
haha and i was sorta being an ass. repped back though. congrats on your purchase... once you get used to the small inconsistencies between the 2 platforms, youll never regret it.

Nittanys1
07-14-2007, 06:05 PM
your really having problems finding a wireless signal? damn....and for those of you scared of macs....i was the same way a few years ago. NOW i love this machine! it has never let me down...well at least not as much as my 7 PCs have....