PDA

View Full Version : Gimme some constructive feedback....

Vteckidd
07-12-2007, 12:33 AM
parts.batlground.com

this is the online parts site i have been building over the last few weeks. its not DONE yet, just a few items uploaded.

check it out, surf it, see how it feels an let me know what you think.

and for christs sake order some shit :D

Humphrizzle
07-12-2007, 12:36 AM
dont need anything from there.. but looks like a good start.

should have some accessories on there such as shift knobs, floormats, boots, steering wheels, all the cool shit

and get some wheels.

Vteckidd
07-12-2007, 12:37 AM
im actually working on the wheels stuff now, along with tires.

i try to upload like 50-75 items a week

Humphrizzle
07-12-2007, 12:41 AM
nice.

even without those things, it'd be a good site.

where is Batlgrounds located?

Vteckidd
07-12-2007, 01:03 AM
batlground.com

we are located in smyrna

Psycho
07-12-2007, 01:43 AM
nice job mike, it looks very professional

TIGERJC
07-12-2007, 02:08 AM
can go with somewhat of a new web page look, b/c way too many shops use that same exact scheme. Other than that it looks good

RandomGuy
07-12-2007, 02:37 AM
looks kinda gay

lol jk ... It'd be PERFECT if you add the batlground logo uptop instead of having that text

lmk if ya need help with that i've used oscommerce before shits pretty good, What kind of checkout software are you guys using or is it with OC?

IMO you should change the color scheme so it is almost seemless in the BG homepage and maybe have a parts link and open that in an inline frame so its almost integrated.

Hektik
07-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Just a couple of things I noticed real quick..and this might be due to the shitty monitors at work..

1. The thumbnails seem to be a bit small. I cant really make out a few parts.

2. The white background looks a bit weird and throws off some of the pics. Kinda plays tricks on my eyes..

Psycho
07-12-2007, 03:23 AM
Be sure to add in chinese under languages, change the background from white to off-white, make sure the font is size 13 instead of 12, and make sure you guys carry HID kits:jerkit:

He said the site is still underconstruction people, every one is just saying shit that he's going to do any ways. Comment on useful shit like the logistics or other important aspects of the site, not the damn background and color scheme.

Hektik
07-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Be sure to add in chinese under languages, change the background from white to off-white, make sure the font is size 13 instead of 12, and make sure you guys carry HID kits:jerkit:

He said the site is still underconstruction people, every one is just saying shit that he's going to do any ways. Comment on useful shit like the logistics or other important aspects of the site, not the damn background and color scheme.

actually this is what he said.

check it out, surf it, see how it feels an let me know what you think.

the way a website looks depends alot on wether it attracts customers or not.. some of this stuff maybe small and it might be stuff hes going to do anyways but he asked how it felt and thats what most of us are doing.. something as small as the background can change alot of peoples minds abot visting a website again...logistics is important but not everyone knows about building a website most just go on how it feels to them.. regardless the website looks good. just a few things , but everyone has their own opinions so it would be hard to make everyone happy..:goodjob:

WickedIXMR
07-12-2007, 04:25 AM
Its okk. I think it would be better to put diff kinds of cars to click on then make it so ppl can choose what kind of part for that specific car to make it look more organized than it is

Vteckidd
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Its okk. I think it would be better to put diff kinds of cars to click on then make it so ppl can choose what kind of part for that specific car to make it look more organized than it is
thats a good idea, Psycho mentioned that too.

Make it so people can browse their CAR an not have to sift through other stuff to find what they want.

SLow_POke
07-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Since your selling the pro 3's @ $0.00 AS ADVERTISED i'll take 500 sets:D

Sammich
07-12-2007, 10:40 AM
i like it..reminds me of the way rev-auto.com used to be setup before they went down. i like it, easy to navigate

chnco
07-12-2007, 12:38 PM
should have told me, I built a site a long time ago and you could of used it as a template!!

İhris
07-12-2007, 02:12 PM
The prices for your coilovers are really really good!!! Do you guys have the megans or Omni's for a 2004 Civic EX??

WickedIXMR
07-12-2007, 02:18 PM
thats a good idea, Psycho mentioned that too.

Make it so people can browse their CAR an not have to sift through other stuff to find what they want.
Yup but looks like you started off really nice. I would look at other peoples webpage and get an idea on how to make it look. Right now it looks too plain. Go to www.ispracing.com (http://www.ispracing.com) Thats one of my friends shop in MD, i like the way he set up his online shopping page.

İhris
07-12-2007, 02:26 PM
www.procivic.com is a really nicely laid out site.... you can select your car and then choose either all parts for your car or go through the catagories. They even give you detailed descriptions about the products and how they will benefit you.

jamaicanDM
07-12-2007, 06:23 PM
not bad

fucksohc
07-12-2007, 06:26 PM
shit looks good dude... and the shirts are cool! lolol +1 4 doin some good work :P

_Christian_
07-12-2007, 06:33 PM
the only things i could come up with that werent already mentioned are:
1. link back to batlground homepage
2. category bar slightly larger
3. browse "all" parts
looks pretty solid to me:goodjob:

auxiliary
07-12-2007, 09:00 PM
It's very generic...because it is generic.

correct me if I am wrong but that looks just like you guys bought a shopping cart from your website provider and that's the basic/default looking shopping cart.

It's good and bad. It's good because it's default/generic because it works so well.

It's bad--because it's generic.

There is so much to go into making a good website. This site has a long way to go but you're on the right track.

p.m. if you want some more help.

I tend to think of myself as a internet/html critic, lol