PDA

View Full Version : Misc Starting my "better abs exercise" tonight

Z32redondo
07-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Well the title makes it sound like a video or some shit but its not. But I decided I wanted some of the 6-pack abbs again. I had them in 2005-2006 along with a nice upper body. I have kinda slacked lately so I figure that I should improve the exterior a little. So for the past couple of nights it has been at least 200 sit ups. Along with atleast 100 of those things where you lay flat on your back and lift your legs up and bring them back down with out touching the ground. Then holding them for a few seconds before bring them back up. And you keep them straight the whole time also.

This is just for about a week then I will move it up a notch to like 300 sit ups and 150 leg a ma thingy's. I know it isnt much but it has proven effective for me before and I will do the same method again because it works for me. So please no flaming from any of you muscle heads that think 200 situps aint enough and I need to do like 90875721098579862 to get real results. I know that I am just going and building up to more.

Oh BTW point of this post is...well no point really so I guess discuss on how you got a nice mid section or whatever.

Humphrizzle
07-11-2007, 11:45 PM
i dont have a nice midsection.

i have a tire around my waist

SLo_MKIII
07-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Well the title makes it sound like a video or some shit but its not. But I decided I wanted some of the 6-pack abbs again. I had them in 2005-2006 along with a nice upper body. I have kinda slacked lately so I figure that I should improve the exterior a little.

did u notice a decrease in the amount of ass u get lol j/k:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Z32redondo
07-11-2007, 11:51 PM
did u notice a decrease in the amount of ass u get lol j/k:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Had a GF for the past 2 1/2 years...but ya I dont get all the complments i used to at the pool's/beach anymore. I was a varsity wrestler at that time so i was like chisled nice...Now im like chisled with a blindfold on, lol. But i weighed 125-130 at that point now im tipping the scales around 135-140. Its not that bad actually you can still see the body lines where the 6-pack used to be as well as the pecks. Its just not that noticable.

Tmoney770
07-12-2007, 12:24 AM
Its not that bad actually you can still see the body lines where the 6-pack used to be as well as the pecks. Its just not that noticable.

Thats like the same for me, i was ripped as hell a few years ago, but i wanted to bulk up a little during summer so i tried gaining a little weight, but stopped working out. Didnt gain a lot or anything, but when i got back to scholl, I couldnt lift shit and i lost my abs, but ive started back recently so i wish you luck.

Humphrizzle
07-12-2007, 12:31 AM
i did wrestling conditioning every year.. never wanted to be on the wrestling team, just wanted the free workout.

im just over 210

not really fat, just need to lose weight.

Z32redondo
07-12-2007, 12:36 AM
i did wrestling conditioning every year.. never wanted to be on the wrestling team, just wanted the free workout.

im just over 210

not really fat, just need to lose weight.

LOL ya I hated conditioning. In fact i hated wrestling. I just liked getting bigger and being able to throw people around and slam them and shit. So I guess i liked it??? Just didnt like the work involved.

corey30349
07-12-2007, 12:40 AM
i used to be pretty big i was short and about 147pounds when i was about13 14 then i played base ball and got taller i now weigh 155 and im 5'8 but i wanna get cut i kno i cant jus start off doin 200 sit ups i get cramped up after like 20 how do you do it

Humphrizzle
07-12-2007, 12:45 AM
sit ups arent the only way to work on abs.

go to sports authority, get a 12-20 lb medicine ball and fuck around with that thing.

it'll get you tired.

Z32redondo
07-12-2007, 12:59 AM
sit ups arent the only way to work on abs.

go to sports authority, get a 12-20 lb medicine ball and fuck around with that thing.

it'll get you tired.

Word...

Just start small the pain that you feel is good. that means you are burning calories and working muscles. Working muscles means your just more closer to getting bigger/more cut. Also do that shit i said. Just lay flat/straight on the ground. pull your legs stright up in the air and then move them back down slowely and dont touch the ground and then go up and down. That will give you a work out and it will also make the area under your abs that looks like a V get pretty cut. It takes time though. You cant expect to get cut in the abs fast or everyone would be. But you CAN work your abs everyday and not have to worry about letting them heal or damaging them from working too hard. Your abs heal WAAAAY quicker than the rest of your muscles so you can work them everyday if you want and that makes it twice as fast to seeing results.

sleepys4
07-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Nice thread, im in the same boat. I just need some dedication or get a new membership or something. maybe ill try what you said.

JDMEK18
07-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I'm in the same boat too.. I just bought a bowflex ($2,300 complete system - used for $200 bones... Man I was excited) and i got a deal on 2 body by jake ab scissors so I just got both of them and I'm actually trying to sale the other one (let me know if anyone interested) but I just need the commitment now.. I started using the ab scissor a little and man that thing is focused.. I know it might sound cheesey but it really works and doesn't hurt your neck and back like sit ups (even though I know the sit up work really good) But, I just need to get into a routine and stick with it.. Might be nice to post updates here with the work out.. Keep each other accountable.. I'm about 5ft 10" tall and 208 lbs now.. Not obesse but def. need to loose some weight around the gut.. want to keep the upperbody weight and just tone it up..

dfire9
07-12-2007, 07:19 AM
You can do all situps you want abs are more about your diet. You can have the greatest abs in world , but if you have layer of fat around them you will not see them. So just doing situps will not accomplish having great abs alone you will also have to watch your diet and what you eat.

Sammich
07-12-2007, 07:23 AM
sounds extreme in the sense that i hope you will be able to keep going with the same routine

Z32redondo
07-12-2007, 10:39 AM
You can do all situps you want abs are more about your diet. You can have the greatest abs in world , but if you have layer of fat around them you will not see them. So just doing situps will not accomplish having great abs alone you will also have to watch your diet and what you eat.

Ya I know this during wrestling i found soup to be the lowest calorie diet thats is also a nice portion. Chunky soup...the actual brand is a nice sized portion and is only 120 calories. So eat less calories and work out more, means you burn more calories than you ate. So you lose weight. Thanks for the tip though.

As for sticking with the routine. Take pictures bewfore you start working out and if you can keep the routine for about a week then just look at the pictures and then lookin the mirror and you should see aleast some minor toning. Thats should keep you motivated that it is actually working and your not just wasting your time.

Sammich
07-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Ya I know this during wrestling i found soup to be the lowest calorie diet thats is also a nice portion. Chunky soup...the actual brand is a nice sized portion and is only 120 calories. So eat less calories and work out more, means you burn more calories than you ate. So you lose weight. Thanks for the tip though.

As for sticking with the routine. Take pictures bewfore you start working out and if you can keep the routine for about a week then just look at the pictures and then lookin the mirror and you should see aleast some minor toning. Thats should keep you motivated that it is actually working and your not just wasting your time.

yea i havent taken pics but i look in the mirror, i have a layer of fat on my stomach, but i can see everything under it formed especially when i flex it. i have to get rid of this layer of fat, that's my main issue right now

Humphrizzle
07-12-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah i live like 3 blocks away from a bally fitness place so next week i'm going to do the 30 day trial for 20 bucks.

great deal for a gym membership.

do the whole rocky balboa workout

thinkfast®
07-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I GOT A LAYER OF FAT IN MY BOXERS, ITS CALLED A BMW HOMEYS HEHEHE WIDE LIKE A MAYO JAR

YO MY BOY THAT BOXES JUST GOT SOME BOWFLEX ULTIMATE NEW SHIT (TOP SHELF?) DUDE SPENT A GRIP ON IT, I USED TO GO OVER THERE AND SPAR W/ HIS ASS, OR HIT THE BAGS (HE GOT LIKE 4 OF EM IN HIS YARD) NOW WE ABOUT TO TRY THE BOWFLEX SHIT, 20 MINUTES A DAY SON LOL

YEA I USED TO DO THEM LEG RAISES BACK IN THE SOCCER TRAINING DAYS, HOLY SHIT IS ALL I SAID

Sammich
07-12-2007, 12:53 PM
lol @ soccer training days...is there another way to do the leg raises besides having that large piece of equipment? what i do to 'replicate' that excercise i don't think works the same way...i dont think.

thinkfast®
07-12-2007, 01:10 PM
IMMA ASK YOU ONE TIME, WHY IS THAT FUNNY

Sammich
07-12-2007, 01:14 PM
im askn about the leg raises, chill out

thinkfast®
07-12-2007, 01:23 PM
YOU SAID LOL @ SOCCER TRAINING DAYS HOMEY, READ THE FUCKIN POST

Sammich
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
cuz u dnt look like a soccer dude...u too big

Z32redondo
07-12-2007, 03:00 PM
cuz u dnt look like a soccer dude...u too big

Oh shit...

thinkfast®
07-12-2007, 03:34 PM
YEA SO WHAT YOU CAN IMAGINE IS THAT I DOMINATED FOOL

PLAYED MIDFIELD IN CLASSIC/PREMIER LEAGUES GROWIN UP, VARSITY IN HIGH SCHOOL, INDOOR, 'KEEP IN GA LATIN AMERICAN LEAGUE UP UNTIL 2003.. YOU BETTER ASK SOMEBODY

Sammich
07-12-2007, 03:35 PM
cool

autumnk5
07-12-2007, 10:05 PM
so chris... i agree that you need to get those abs back. i remember that one day i went to your house last spring break. you just got out of the shower and all you had on was a towel around your waist.... aw damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn son.

Z32redondo
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM
so chris... i agree that you need to get those abs back. i remember that one day i went to your house last spring break. you just got out of the shower and all you had on was a towel around your waist.... aw damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn son.

Oh hell naw...lol whats up homie

{X}Echo419
07-12-2007, 11:00 PM
sit ups and crunches are pratically useless. you need to get rid of the fat covering them up. crunches/sit-ups won't burn enough calories to get rid of what's covering the abs we all have naturally. lose weight, then you can do them if you want more definition. :2cents:

autumnk5
07-12-2007, 11:02 PM
i got a new name bcuz i forgot the password for my old one. and then i hit the forgot the password. but i also forgot the password to that screen name. sooo yeah.

but yeahhhh i'm good. just got back from being with corey with the 5.0 and shay with the red integra & mike. what bout you?

Z32redondo
07-12-2007, 11:03 PM
sit ups and crunches are pratically useless. you need to get rid of the fat covering them up. crunches/sit-ups won't burn enough calories to get rid of what's covering the abs we all have naturally. lose weight, then you can do them if you want more definition. :2cents:

I already run/go to the gym on a daily basis. Just havent focused mainly on my abs in awhile...just me though dont know about anyone else.

Z32redondo
07-12-2007, 11:09 PM
i got a new name bcuz i forgot the password for my old one. and then i hit the forgot the password. but i also forgot the password to that screen name. sooo yeah.

but yeahhhh i'm good. just got back from being with corey with the 5.0 and shay with the red integra & mike. what bout you?

NM just chiilin around here for a bit. Lookin at trding the Z in for something with better gas milage. Also dropped the Party wagon off down the street with a few forsale signs so we will see what happens. Then i work the rest of the week.

autumnk5
07-12-2007, 11:15 PM
wait i thought y'all were selling the escalade not the suburban..

i'm confused.

i think you should get a supra/integra/honda vehicle. mainly the supra though..
cuz you know me.

Z32redondo
07-12-2007, 11:32 PM
W are and i want something in the 25+ mpg range. Im looking at a MKIV jetta VR6. To trade for the 300. So IDK. It gets 30 highway MPG and is a 5 speed, and all black leather interior so it sounds pretty nice. Went to look at it today. its a 2001 and 60,000 miles. They want 8500 for it.

If i got ahold of it it would look like this
http://i7.tinypic.com/5y89vmr.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/4p9vekm.jpg

autumnk5
07-12-2007, 11:42 PM
would you be happy with a sedan though?

i mean it looks nice and everything.
but you've always seemed to be a coupe type man.

i love how we first started talking about excercising and now it's about cars.

Z32redondo
07-12-2007, 11:50 PM
would you be happy with a sedan though?

i mean it looks nice and everything.
but you've always seemed to be a coupe type man.

i love how we first started talking about excercising and now it's about cars.

Ya kinda like the time me, you, shane, rico, and cheyenne were in your sisters room and me and you started talking about cars lol

But ya. It has alot of room in the trunk for my 2 10's and then more. It will also let me have Rico and Cheyenne and you in my car comfortably. Or anyone else for that matter. But since Cheyenne is going to a diff. school I plan on driving over to Phenix City more so i need the highway miles and this thing gets 31 of them...It will also beat my 300ZX :goodjob:. I am getting out of the switching cars stage and getting into the reliable car that dosent need anything stage. If i got it I would puts some springs and shocks on it, rims/tires, my system, exhaust, intake, and probably just a few exterior things. Then just leave it stock and save up some money for a project car. I would probably do more to it if it boosted the MPG but other than that i just want a clean Daily Driver and thats it.

autumnk5
07-12-2007, 11:53 PM
yeahhh that was a good/funny time.
everyone still makes fun of me cuz of it too.

yeah the z is kinda uncomfy for me and chey to be in it.
and i know you have to have like more than two seats.

but take my suggestions for the project car at least.

Z32redondo
07-13-2007, 12:05 AM
yeahhh that was a good/funny time.
everyone still makes fun of me cuz of it too.

yeah the z is kinda uncomfy for me and chey to be in it.
and i know you have to have like more than two seats.

but take my suggestions for the project car at least.

Ya I am probaly going to put some race seats in it as well in addition to all the other stuff, and probably one of those navigation/dvd/cd and whatever else screens. Not the pop out ones but the ones that take up both radio din pockets and is just a screen. IDK the project would probably be a MK3 Supra, MR2, or Del SLOW. Something Targa topped or another convertible. But most likely turbo.

autumnk5
07-13-2007, 12:08 AM
supra... supra ... SUPRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but you should at least put dvd screens on the headrest so incase me & chey are ever bored. rico could be in the front seat. and we can watch a dvd.

Z32redondo
07-13-2007, 12:15 AM
supra... supra ... SUPRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but you should at least put dvd screens on the headrest so incase me & chey are ever bored. rico could be in the front seat. and we can watch a dvd.

Naw that aint my style. I want it to be a clean car. No tv's in head reast/visors or some shit. Inside will probably just have two tastefully colored racing seats (probably black reclineable to match the rear seats), and the one navigation/cd screen. But it isnt the fancy flip out pop goes the weasle dvd screen. It looks like the navigation that comes in newer cars. and then my 2 tens in the trunk. But they will be facing towards the back seat because i can fold the back seat down when i dont have anyone riding with me. Other than that it will be stock interior. Oh and also has a sunroof.:ninja:

autumnk5
07-13-2007, 12:19 AM
yeahhhh i know what you mean about the visors. like the red spyder?

just don't do anything weird to your car like that other guy with the spyder with lambo doors.

and just tens? what bout bigger?

Z32redondo
07-13-2007, 12:22 AM
yeahhhh i know what you mean about the visors. like the red spyder?

just don't do anything weird to your car like that other guy with the spyder with lambo doors.

and just tens? what bout bigger?

LOL I have my 10's already and with a bigger box they will be as loud as Gumbi's. They need 6 cubic feet together. I was giveing them like 2.5 or something lol. That why they werent as loud as some other peoples. But Id rather get the car looking how i want it before i bought MORE bass lol.

autumnk5
07-13-2007, 12:25 AM
oh ok.... i thought you wanted like 4 15's or some shit like that.

gumbi's is pretty good. i like it.

Z32redondo
07-13-2007, 12:28 AM
oh ok.... i thought you wanted like 4 15's or some shit like that.

gumbi's is pretty good. i like it.

I did and still do it will just require me to have a SUV or something and like $5000+ because I will need like 12000 watts. But I am happy with the Type R's. Who know I might sell them along with the 1700 watt amp and buy some rims and tires with the money. Not sure just yet I dont even have the car yet lol...Im going to get my exercise on though.

Jecht
07-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Lol I need to work out...

ruah_23
07-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I tried it yesterday and today..I tried to do 200 continueous but I can't so I have to take break for 10 secs every 50 reps. My whole abs are cramped now

David88vert
07-14-2007, 09:55 PM
That's better than me. I do 10 reps and then need 50 secs to do 10 more..... :-)

Z32redondo
07-15-2007, 12:27 AM
I tried it yesterday and today..I tried to do 200 continueous but I can't so I have to take break for 10 secs every 50 reps. My whole abs are cramped now

Lol how are you doing them? I know that if you just hand/arms by your thighs they are easy as shit. Do that shit with your hands behind your head and when you come up dont bend your beack keep it straight as possible. Then it hurts.

SampaGuy
07-15-2007, 01:05 AM
yall might disagree but ive been working out a lot in the last few months and reading books and what not. doing the 100 or even 50 crunches is definitely not the way to go.

lets say that when u first started working out, u benched 50lbs (3 sets of 10 reps). as u gain muscle, do u keep benching 50lbs until ur doing 300 reps of that same 50lbs? hell no, thats dumb as fuck! anyone that knows anything about working out will tell u to keep doing the 3 sets of 10, but progressively increase the weight (that is if ur goal is to have big muscles).

the exact same thing applies to abs. right now i do 3 sets of 10-15 inclined sit ups while "hugging" a 35lbs barbell plate thingy, and by the time im done my abs are like bulging out! i use to do 50 regular crunches per workout, then i started doing the 3 sets of 10-15 with 15lbs and been adding weight every 3 workout sessions. trust me ur abs will grow a hell lot faster!

and like everybody else said, u cant have any fat on ur stomach or the 6 pack wont show.

robbyrob016
07-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Run a few miles before you do that situp workout of yours. Running breaks down abs, and situps regain the tone. but dont do them everyday because its a larger muscle group so it needs time to repair after that. I've been running for alittle over 3 years and working abs regularly and have a pretty nice 8 pack, or so im told.

Z32redondo
07-15-2007, 05:26 PM
yall might disagree but ive been working out a lot in the last few months and reading books and what not. doing the 100 or even 50 crunches is definitely not the way to go.

lets say that when u first started working out, u benched 50lbs (3 sets of 10 reps). as u gain muscle, do u keep benching 50lbs until ur doing 300 reps of that same 50lbs? hell no, thats dumb as fuck! anyone that knows anything about working out will tell u to keep doing the 3 sets of 10, but progressively increase the weight (that is if ur goal is to have big muscles).

the exact same thing applies to abs. right now i do 3 sets of 10-15 inclined sit ups while "hugging" a 35lbs barbell plate thingy, and by the time im done my abs are like bulging out! i use to do 50 regular crunches per workout, then i started doing the 3 sets of 10-15 with 15lbs and been adding weight every 3 workout sessions. trust me ur abs will grow a hell lot faster!

and like everybody else said, u cant have any fat on ur stomach or the 6 pack wont show.

You sir are correct. But in fact you do have to have some sort of endurance to do that though. Kind of like running would you start running maybe a few miles then maybe add some weight while you run gradually or start straight off with a nice hefty amount of weight and run maybe 1 mile? I feel that you must first have some endurance before you add some weight. So a mass number of situps would help gain some endurance while adding weight gains more muscle/definition. I would rather start doing a large mass of situps to help gain a bit of endurance than maybe say 30 reps with 20 pounds 2 weeks or so later in the work out. Than start straight out with weight period and do like 15 reps with 15 pounds the first few days. But I do see where you are coming from. Also doing more situps tones it out.

ruah_23
07-16-2007, 07:19 PM
This thread is getting retarded.Everyone's different.It's like how do you loose weight?there are a lot of answers to the questions some work for u,some don't..choose the best.Same as body building.CHoose the best that suit u and see the growth.

disrupt
07-17-2007, 07:15 AM
yah doing infinite reps for abs does nothing for you. abs are mostly fast twitch muscles, meaning you have to hit them hard, and fast for best results. 3 sets of 15 with no more than 5 seconds of rest in between works best, and adding some weight never hurts(you don't bench a plastic broom-handle, so why work abs out with no weight?). and try to get in 2 or 3 exercises.

Blitanicle99
07-17-2007, 06:38 PM
100 sit ups, 100 push ups, 50 Curls with 80 LBs and 1.5 mile run, everyday.

Also, I used to wrestle myself, 8th in state my first year and have the record for longest qualifying match in my division (7.53). I loved it untill I screwed up my shoulder. Best workout of my life and loved that I could put my anger and stress fully into a sport. I had to play easy in practice or I would hurt my sparring partner like broken ribs or severly Dislocated shoulders. I used Russain Ties alot with a combintion of a combat roll ontop of the opponent. My best match was pin in 13 seconds by forfiet because I broke his wrist, hurt his shoulder and gave him a concussion in a matter of seconds.
God I miss that shit.

iEvo
08-13-2007, 08:34 PM
its not really how many u do, its more how u do them. try goin up and holdin each one for like 3 seconds then go back down