PDA

View Full Version : getting a new engine

GermanMuscle
07-11-2007, 01:16 PM
im considering buying a new engine form a company that gets them from japan. What all would i have to change on one of the engines? timing belt and what else?

Nissangeek
07-11-2007, 04:27 PM
im considering buying a new engine form a company that gets them from japan. What all would i have to change on one of the engines? timing belt and what else?

If you get it from tigerjapanese.com its just a plug and play kinda thing. Just drop it in like you would any regular motor.

GermanMuscle
07-11-2007, 05:32 PM
yea but its reconmented to change the seals and and timing belt, i was wondering if there is anything i should change when i buy a engine

jadakid88
07-11-2007, 05:42 PM
CAMSHAFT SEAL, CRANKSHAFT SEAL, TIMING BELT,TENSIONER, WATER PUMP, SPARK PLUGS AND OF COURSE ALL THE FLUIDS. THATS WHAT BEST JAPANESE ENGINE ON COBB PKWY MADE ME CHANGE IN ORDER FOR THEM TO HONOR YOUR 6 MONTH WARRANTY IN CASE SOMETHING HAPPENS.

jadakid88
07-11-2007, 05:43 PM
THEY TELL YOU TO USE YOUR INTAKE MANIFOLD AND EXHAUST MANIFOLD CAUSE YOU WONT PASS EMISSIONS WITH THE JDM ONES

Mr.MuayThai
07-11-2007, 11:05 PM
damn thats alot of shit to replace just to make that shit legal huh? well by legal i mean pass emissions! i would personally look locally first! I have a b18 for sell! pm'd