PDA

View Full Version : Laps of Road Atlanta On Board with M3!!!

DinanM3atl
07-10-2007, 11:41 PM
I am driving :)

Sorry about the wind noise. Didn't realize the camera was taking all the wind coming in :( Can still here my exhaust though!!!

Session 3 Day 2 - Solo(Run By Myself - Got Signed Off)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E2_Ba7R-hE

Session 4 Day 2 - C/D Run Group Combined
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o4VDTOOpr8

1SOL2NV
07-11-2007, 12:54 AM
its forza 2 all over again ! LOL

Elbow
07-11-2007, 12:58 AM
road atl ftw

sleepys4
07-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Thats pretty cool.

DinanM3atl
07-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Yes. Good Times!

Will be out again in September!

slowmax
07-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Nice

Elbow
07-11-2007, 10:28 AM
what club is that? bmw?

2turbo4u
07-11-2007, 10:34 AM
How fast do you get up to? Looks like a lot of fun.

DinanM3atl
07-11-2007, 10:54 AM
How fast do you get up to? Looks like a lot of fun.

Going into 10a/10b(Quick left right and up hill) I am hitting 128 or 129mph. All depends on how I get out of Turn 7.

what club is that? bmw?

Peachtree Chapter of the BMWCCA

DinanM3atl
07-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Will have some pictures up here soon!

DinanM3atl
07-11-2007, 12:44 PM
In the pits :)

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/nculora/Road%20A%202007/DSCF1610.jpg

EM1toEVO
07-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Can't wait to do that in the Evo!!

DinanM3atl
07-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Can't wait to do that in the Evo!!

it is a blast

makes street racing and drag strip a joke ;)

boostboy97
07-11-2007, 10:29 PM
how much does it cost? or is it only for certain clubs or whatever.

Big Baller
07-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Looks pretty good, are you looking for advice?

Are you going to be at the NASA event?

DinanM3atl
07-11-2007, 11:37 PM
how much does it cost? or is it only for certain clubs or whatever.

375 for BMWCCA members

410 for non members

8 on track sessions

Looks pretty good, are you looking for advice?

Are you going to be at the NASA event?

Sure. Always looking for advice.

Not going to NASA no :(

Big Baller
07-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Its really hard to tell without being in the car. All the cars I have had on Road Atlanta have been over 400hp.

Turn One- carry more speed and let the car push further to the outside.

Turn Two- you don't have to setup that far out, you aren't carrying enough speed for the setup for that corner to be critical

Turn Three- you have got pretty well

Turn 4- you have pretty well

The Esses- Look good

Turn 5- you did well, use the curbing as much as the car will let you and carry all the speed you can.

Turn 6- looks like you can carry more speed

Turn 7- maybe make youre apex later by about 1 foot, that should let you carry even more speed onto the back straight

Turns 10A and 10B, look pretty good to me

The Hill- looks like you can carry more speed down the hill and onto the front, but thats kind of a big balls move in a street car.

All and All it looked like good fast laps, you aren't fighting the car at all, which if you were in a racecar I would say you aren't going fast enough. But since its a street car its the right thing to do, you should learn to be as smooth as possible first.

DinanM3atl
07-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok this is HILARIOUS... is your name Kris Reinhard?(My instructor the last 2 times?)

Its really hard to tell without being in the car. All the cars I have had on Road Atlanta have been over 400hp.

I know it is hard. Thanks for the advice. It is a ~220 maybe 230 at the wheels NA M3.

Turn One- carry more speed and let the car push further to the outside.

Yup. I know. Kris said the SAME exact thing!

Turn Two- you don't have to setup that far out, you aren't carrying enough speed for the setup for that corner to be critical

Can you explain a bit more?

Turn Three- you have got pretty well

Thanks. I think I am on the "race line" when I am "jumping/sliding" over the curbing on the inside.

Turn 4- you have pretty well

Thanks!

The Esses- Look good

Thanks. I can go flat out down there in 4th gear now :)

Turn 5- you did well, use the curbing as much as the car will let you and carry all the speed you can.

It depends on my speed that I carried as to how far out I go. Kris said if I need it you can go out and over the curbing and there IS MORE track past them. I used this one to get a run on a Lotus Elise :)

Turn 6- looks like you can carry more speed

Yup. Same thing kris said!

Turn 7- maybe make youre apex later by about 1 foot, that should let you carry even more speed onto the back straight

Turn in later by 1 foot is what you are saying?

Turns 10A and 10B, look pretty good to me

Yah. I am hard brakes and floored the rest of the time pretty much.

The Hill- looks like you can carry more speed down the hill and onto the front, but thats kind of a big balls move in a street car.

I can. I can also get on to full throttle slightly before or at the apex. This is big balls move as you said ;) I am working on it. Stickier tires will make be feel better I think.

All and All it looked like good fast laps, you aren't fighting the car at all, which if you were in a racecar I would say you aren't going fast enough. But since its a street car its the right thing to do, you should learn to be as smooth as possible first.

Thanks! Kris said Smooth and Consistent is important now. We can get the speed out later. I run 1.52 to 1.55 pretty regularly. I got a single 1.49 lap when I was in the car by myself. I feel REALLY good about that!

Big Baller
07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
1:49 is moving pretty good.

Turn Two, as you are coming up the hill out of one, you work youre way all the way over to the right, I don't think you need to move that far over, star a little more to the left. Two isn't that hard a turn that it requires that much setup. By going that far out you are generally just wasting time.

Matt

DinanM3atl
07-13-2007, 09:48 AM
1:49 is moving pretty good.

Turn Two, as you are coming up the hill out of one, you work youre way all the way over to the right, I don't think you need to move that far over, star a little more to the left. Two isn't that hard a turn that it requires that much setup. By going that far out you are generally just wasting time.

Matt

Ahhhh I see. Will try this in September. I guess I am doing it because it makes it easier to straight line brake :)

Soon the straightline braking will not be necessary :)

Big Baller
07-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Trail braking is a good thing to know how to do....Road Atlanta is a bad place to learn.

DinanM3atl
07-14-2007, 12:14 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/redefinedWRX/July%202007%20Road%20Atlanta/IMG_2081.jpg

and

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/redefinedWRX/July%202007%20Road%20Atlanta/IMG_2074.jpg

and

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/redefinedWRX/July%202007%20Road%20Atlanta/IMG_2075.jpg

and

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/redefinedWRX/July%202007%20Road%20Atlanta/IMG_2047.jpg

and

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/redefinedWRX/July%202007%20Road%20Atlanta/IMG_2038.jpg

OnURleft
07-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Nice Halston i'm running 1:48-1:55 with my instructor, what suspension set up/tires were you running? My car was screaming from the understeer hah you def. have room left to go harder through 1 from what I could tell but your looking good out there..see you in Sept. Oh yeah whens sign up?

DinanM3atl
07-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Nice Halston i'm running 1:48-1:55 with my instructor, what suspension set up/tires were you running? My car was screaming from the understeer hah you def. have room left to go harder through 1 from what I could tell but your looking good out there..see you in Sept. Oh yeah whens sign up?

Yah we hit a 1.50 in the last season with the instructor in the car. I know I have more room in 1 and 6 for sure. My tires were/are the limiting factor right now.

H&R Race
Shortened/Revalved Bilsteins
XBrace
F&R Strut Braces
ES100s for tires :(

Next season will be RS2s so there is a good 2-3 seconds in changing tires. I will have race pads also for september. I was on HP+ in the videos.

OnURleft
07-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Yah we hit a 1.50 in the last season with the instructor in the car. I know I have more room in 1 and 6 for sure. My tires were/are the limiting factor right now.

H&R Race
Shortened/Revalved Bilsteins
XBrace
F&R Strut Braces
ES100s for tires :(

Next season will be RS2s so there is a good 2-3 seconds in changing tires. I will have race pads also for september. I was on HP+ in the videos.

Nice. Yeah I had a mis-matched weekend due to lack of getting things purchased before the D.E. Toyo T1r's rear, Falken FK452 front, Hawk Blue's front HP+ rear on a staggerd set up.. very very :(. All in all the car was a complete champ despite everything that added up to be an unpredictable weekend... if you ignored the screaming understeer. The car literally wouldn't go any faster no matter what approach we took (even intentional oversteer etc, late late apexing hah it would just plow more).
I'm running bilstein/H&R and everything else is stock..for now. We should of solo'd to see what it would do as stock as it is (I never timed at the ACNA event solo) but we were having to much fun trying to get it to stop understeering. Long story short...request Jeff Minor as your instructor haha. Hes an old friend and def. one of the most knowledgable guys out there and hes fucking hilarious. We figured my car would get 2 seconds from some camber plates alone and more then that when my Kosei's get on there with some descent rubber.

DinanM3atl
07-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the recomendation. I am going to stick with Kris Reinhard. He can flog his 80,000 mile M3 around there with nice tires and NOTHING has been replaced. He keeps pushing me farther and farther and we are getting faster and faster :)