PDA

View Full Version : Air Fuel Ratio Questions

wanger25
07-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey I'm in need of help and i'm new and inexperienced with cars.
But I want to tune my car's air fuel ratio. I need to buy the tools to adjust everything. I would like to know what is the easiest system to use to tune my car. Where can i find some of these systems?
I would also like to know after finding out the readings of the AFR, how do you exactly change the fuel mixture? I know a couple of ways but i would like to know some easier ways or less confusing ways. Like: would you program your ECU? or buy different spark plugs?
So please help me out here. I would greatly appreciate your help

If you have any videos or other websites where i can find these information please list them

CHADbee
07-09-2007, 06:51 PM
ur type of car and mods would help....

iEvo
07-10-2007, 12:48 AM
yea good call

scttydb411
07-10-2007, 05:59 PM

get a good wideband controller that allowsdatalogging.

more info on your car/setup would help to lead you in the right direction regarding system, software, editing, etc.

RandomGuy
07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
get a wideband and a safc or osmethin or get your ecu chipped by this fruity dude above me ^^ ;) JK (chipped = cheaper and better than safc)

get some software for the safc and a burner for the chip if ur going that route get the specific programs, learn how to use them and thats that

but dyno tuning = the best they get everything perfect for ya and u dont gotta worry