PDA

View Full Version : New to atlanta, and ImportAtlanta.com

MStartley
07-08-2007, 10:40 PM
So, hello everyone. My name is Matt. I am new to the area, don't know of shit to do out here in Athens, and I am looking for a car. (My previous one was stolen)

I found this site, and thought it was pimp.

So. Howdy!

also, if you know where I could find a cheap beater for around $800-$1200, let me know. I am in desparate need of a car.

Nitro
07-08-2007, 10:42 PM
:welcome: what did u have before? a honda? ;)

The Yousef
07-08-2007, 10:44 PM
LEAVE WHILE YOU STILL CAN...

Yoshi
07-08-2007, 10:45 PM
welcome fag

MStartley
07-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, my first car was a honda crx. After that I had a 96 Ford Ranger (which was stolen) and 2 1986 Mazda rx-7s. I sold them to help get out of debt, and I kept the ranger for my DD until I could buy another project car, but the ranger was stolen while sitting outside in my front yard. Took a road trip with a friend to New Orleans, came back to a house which was cleaned out of anything of value, and my truck gone. That is why I am here in Athens. It sucks to be 20, in your own place since before you graduated high school, then suddenly forced to move back in with parents. Soon enough I will be back at it again, kickin it in my own pad. hopefully...

Nitro
07-08-2007, 10:49 PM
g/l & that is some f'd up shit

Yoshi
07-08-2007, 10:50 PM
who gives a shit.

Maniaç
07-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Welcome_

and get rid of that gay ass avatar. looks fucking rice...

MStartley
07-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks everyone! Except you Yoshi, I can see that you and I are going to have a confrontation or two. ha ha ha, but seriously, thanks for the tough love man.

Welcome_

and get rid of that gay ass avatar. looks fucking rice...

Will do man, I was just messin around and didn't know what to put up. I will find something better.

JohnnyC.
07-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Welcome! I know a guy who lives in d-ville, near Guthrie's.

thepolecat
07-13-2007, 11:50 AM
welcome- check the vehicle for sale section- there are good deals there.

Kamikaze
07-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks everyone! Except you Yoshi, I can see that you and I are going to have a confrontation or two. ha ha ha, but seriously, thanks for the tough love man.

Will do man, I was just messin around and didn't know what to put up. I will find something better.

To save you some time and confusion, I'd like to let you know that Yoshi and Maniac are the same person. ;)

death®
07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Welcome.

Double_0_Rusty
07-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Welcome man. Nice to see someone else from Athens. Read the rules and you'll be ok.

tippatone
07-14-2007, 02:38 AM
Welcome even though i am not from here, i might can get a 90 flatback EF civic for 950 runs hard.

cactusEG
07-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Howdy doody yall

AlliRae
07-14-2007, 07:30 AM
hey hey, welcome to IA... it's addicting.. there's drama... beware....

Athens has some fun stuff to do. There is jimmy johns, well actually in general, just good food. Downtown is also fun and cheap. I haven't been in awhile but firehouse, the loft, barcode, the winery, buddha bar, and the arch bars are pretty nice. There's a couple non party things to do... but good luck finding them. Lemme know if i can help out.

There are car meets in athens at the sonic by the mall. They are about once or twice a month and are all Clearly posted on here ;) Thanks simon!

blah blah blah... pm me if you wanna know anything else.

Double_0_Rusty
07-14-2007, 10:12 AM
hey hey, welcome to IA... it's addicting.. there's drama... beware....

Athens has some fun stuff to do. There is jimmy johns, well actually in general, just good food. Downtown is also fun and cheap. I haven't been in awhile but firehouse, the loft, barcode, the winery, buddha bar, and the arch bars are pretty nice. There's a couple non party things to do... but good luck finding them. Lemme know if i can help out.

There are car meets in athens at the sonic by the mall. They are about once or twice a month and are all Clearly posted on here ;) Thanks simon!

blah blah blah... pm me if you wanna know anything else.

I'd like to also mention not only do we have sonic meets, but we are expanding our meets at Atlanta Dragway. Just keep check on the events section. Also Athens is pretty fun....Allirae pretty much said it all.

GSRteg®
07-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Welcome, we hope you enjoy your stay.... now read the rules and you will do just fine here on IA. :bump:

MStartley
07-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks everyone... I was beginning to think this board was nothing but a bunch of assholes, but you guys are starting to show your true colors now, and I feel welcome now... preesh!

Hopefully I will be joining you guys at the Athens meets, and definately the Dragway... Is there a certain night for street cars?

JohnnyC.
07-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks everyone... I was beginning to think this board was nothing but a bunch of assholes, but you guys are starting to show your true colors now, and I feel welcome now... preesh!

Hopefully I will be joining you guys at the Athens meets, and definately the Dragway... Is there a certain night for street cars?

The next drag meet is http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128298
See ya around the meets and whatnot.

Double_0_Rusty
07-14-2007, 11:35 PM

You are more than welcome to come to the meets. Ummm friday nights up there are "Fast Fridays" its just a test and tune, really. You just take what you want and run it for 20 bucks.....

MStartley
07-15-2007, 03:40 AM
Ok, I understand that there is a reputation point system, but I can't seem to figure out how to give points... maybe it is because I use Mozilla Firefox. Maybe someone could explain how to do this?

I know you are probably already thinking "damn noob cant do anything!" ha ha ha

MStartley
07-15-2007, 03:45 AM
DOH!!! I figured it out! Nevermind!!!! ha ha ha

AyeJaye
07-15-2007, 10:33 AM
hi