PDA

View Full Version : question about title transfer

latoilette
07-07-2007, 05:51 PM
So, I've bought a car from a person on IA.

the car has florida title.

person A sold to person B and I am the person C

vehicle is titled to person A and person B signed the buyer section.
the right thing to do is....person B register it under his name and transfer it to my name. But, he is trying to take advantage of this fact and He want me to pay him 200 bucks to have the title transfer to me.

Now, I have a title with his signature on it (at the buyer section)

Is there anything I can do to title this car under my name? (i have the bill of sale where he sold it to me)

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

myyellowspec
07-07-2007, 06:14 PM
You either have to get him to transfer it over, get a transfer document signed (from person A) and get it notorized, or find someone to do a title bond which ranges from $80 and up. Hope this helps.

Evil Goat
07-08-2007, 10:14 AM
a title transfer is all of what $10? why cant this guy have the title transferred to him, then you pay to have it transferred to you, if hes not willing to do this and is trying to get $200 out of you id see what can be done about it legal wise, the guys being a dousche trying to get money out of you

quickdodge®
07-08-2007, 10:16 AM
a title transfer is all of what $10?

$18. Later, QD.

GSRteg®
07-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Damn bro looks like you gonna maybe have to pay the 200....? The guy is just being an ass man BTW ive been in your situation and its a bitch.

a title transfer is all of what $10? why cant this guy have the title transferred to him, then you pay to have it transferred to you, if hes not willing to do this and is trying to get $200 out of you id see what can be done about it legal wise, the guys being a dousche trying to get money out of you

latoilette
07-08-2007, 06:48 PM
yeah, title transfer is 18 bucks...
also... is there anything i can do to get the title myself? maybe like fill out a form or something??

Evil Goat
07-08-2007, 07:21 PM
$18. Later, QD.

durr, after 13 cars in 3 years youd think id remember that

Shawna
07-09-2007, 11:47 AM
nope it has to go in order
person B needs to sign the title over to you
you need to take it to the tag office and do a title transfer... 18 bux
get a new tag... 20 bux
it takes 2 weeks to do a title so 4 weeks total