PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint?

GSRteg®
07-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Ok, I just have a question for y'all.... I just got my windows tinted 5% on the 3 back ones and 35% on the fornt ones. Now my question is will I have a problem with the police stoping me....?

WWJDrift
07-06-2007, 07:19 PM
yes

cactusEG
07-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok, I just have a question for y'all.... I just got my windows tinted 5% on the 3 back ones and 35% on the fornt ones. Now my question is will I have a problem with the police stoping me....?

yes sir and u should of saved ur monet and taped trash bags to ur window

GSRteg®
07-06-2007, 08:36 PM
lol it look good though... passed a few cops on the way home everything smooth y'all

yes sir and u should of saved ur monet and taped trash bags to ur window

nautiboi73
07-08-2007, 01:24 PM
what kind of car is it?

if you get pulled over by "the right One" you will be getting a ticket. bet on it.

Papa_Smurf
07-08-2007, 01:57 PM
yup, i had 15% all the way around and i got a ticket. shit was $135 by gwinnett county, not a fun ticket. Espically because you'll want to re-tint your windows, not just take the tint off, so you have to pay go get them re-tinted.

Right now i have an EF, 35% on the fronts, and 15% on the back and rears. They can't test a window that does not roll down to my knowledge.

But then again, i got my tinted with a buddy, and he got 15% on his red car (red and black cars make tint look darker) and he's never been stopped for it.

So if you see a cop, roll your windows down. also, it helps to have your windows cracked a little because it lets more light into the car, making the tint look lighter than it really is.

Young Brian
07-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Yes, the police will pull you over just to fuck with you. Cop gave me a ticket back on May 31 (last day of the month, coincidence?!?). I had 20% on my civic, tinted in FLA when I lived there back in 00. So, I went to court and attempted to fight the ticket b/c 20% is legal in FLA. The judge said when I moved back to GA, I should have stripped it and reapplied the legal 32%. Fine paid and lesson learned. Friggin unbelievable, if you ask me...

GSRteg®
07-08-2007, 02:27 PM
I have a 93 hatch and the back 3 windows are 5%.... The driver and passenger are 35% tint.

what kind of car is it?

if you get pulled over by "the right One" you will be getting a ticket. bet on it.

KevinT707
07-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Of course Police will pull you over alot of times just to start trouble but how can you test to see if a window is darker than 32% if you can't roll it down? Something needs to be tested to be proven and make it a FACT, assuming that it's too dark doesn't mean anything.

So just do the door windows 32% and the rest (except front windshield of course) can be fairly dark, but do 5% and might get pulled over. I had to peel off the 20% off my side windows cause I kept getting warning tickets; now I still have the rest at 20% with no problems!

AnTi-PooN
07-08-2007, 08:42 PM
probably .. bet it looks sick tho lol.

iEvo
07-10-2007, 12:54 AM
yea but ur cool. as longas u have the legal tint on the 2 front windows they cant do anything. u could literaly paint the windows behind the front 2. just as long as the 2 fronts r legal

WTF?
07-10-2007, 08:56 AM
isnt it a little late to be asking that question?

nautiboi73
07-12-2007, 02:19 PM
yea but ur cool. as longas u have the legal tint on the 2 front windows they cant do anything. u could literaly paint the windows behind the front 2. just as long as the 2 fronts r legal
that is not true. I am sorry that you are missimformed but every window on a car is regulated in the state of GA. EVERY window.

this has been talked about in detail here so do a quick search and you will see.

Later NB.

Kyle
07-12-2007, 02:26 PM
I talked to an officer he said the front two windows must be 35% so they can see the driver other than that they are not all that concerned. Doubt my statement if you want, R3RUN can vouch for this.

nautiboi73
07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
I talked to an officer he said the front two windows must be 35% so they can see the driver other than that they are not all that concerned. Doubt my statement if you want, R3RUN can vouch for this.

I am never concerend about how an officer will enforce the law, but the way it is written. A judge has the final say so, not an officer.

As 5 cops and get 3 differnt answers. so what.

As is it is written
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50676

jadakid88
07-12-2007, 05:10 PM
yea but ur cool. as longas u have the legal tint on the 2 front windows they cant do anything. u could literaly paint the windows behind the front 2. just as long as the 2 fronts r legalhes right your safe.

GSRteg®
07-14-2007, 12:18 AM
I believe im good then thanks y'all.

Dracc
07-15-2007, 01:01 AM
i have 15% on my car all the way around... been stopped a few times here in good ole gwinnett.. didnt' get tickets on either ocassion though.. thanks to having south carolina tags and license lol .. outta state tag FTW.. and yes i'm in school

takume
07-15-2007, 01:22 AM
if the cops want to mess with you, then i am 100% sure that you will get a ticket for it.
It's all luck, man.

vwimmer
07-15-2007, 04:42 AM
I have to agree with the fact that only the two front and windshield windows need to be a lighter tint than the rest. I pretty much base my opinion on the fact that when you look at say, a van. Most utility vans ONLY have the front two windows and windshield, and its completely legal.

Therefor it shouldn't matter what type of vehicle you're driving in that case, as long as the main windows pass the law. I mean when you're learning to drive, you're not taught to use the rear window nor the rear passenger windows to help you drive, so it shouldn't matter if you can't see through them or if they don't exist at all.

Thats just my opinion though, I'm not telling you thats how it is, but if I get pulled over for it, thats my problem, I'll just have to fight it in court.

mrt0mjones
07-15-2007, 06:23 AM
had my tint for 4 years (5%), still havent had a ticket, time to re-tint, lady who had them done before me, got the cool purple turning tint (damn ammonia)

SRCRX
07-15-2007, 06:49 AM

Mine are done the same way on my EK, No problems for all most a year, until
about 2mo. ago, this ashole cop turned around on 316, just to stop me for the
tint. He did the whole "Do you know how dark your windows" -yes I paid to have them done!! and on an on.

He pulled out the
light ray...lol to check them. the one he had was a 1pc. deal, meaning
he could only test the windows that roll down!!

The cop did not notice that the backs one there darker and after 20min.
He let me leave.

Yes, you might get pulled over, 50% you might get a ticket.

EuroDude
08-03-2007, 07:51 PM
that is not true. I am sorry that you are missimformed but every window on a car is regulated in the state of GA. EVERY window.

this has been talked about in detail here so do a quick search and you will see.

Later NB.

go to http://www.tintcenter.com/news/177.html

Whiteboy™
08-03-2007, 08:10 PM
:ttiwwp:

Whiteboy™
08-03-2007, 08:13 PM
The law does have some exemptions. It does not apply to the rear windshields and side windows, except to the left and right of the driver on some SUV's, buses and vans owned or leased by any religious or non-profit organization, school buses, limousines, and those vehicles with factory installed tint.

you are fine so stop worrying.

GSRteg®
08-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Here are the pictures.
:ttiwwp:

Whiteboy™
08-03-2007, 08:41 PM
thats only 32 on the front!?

GSRteg®
08-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Yea it looks dark as hell bc of the way the pic was shot.
thats only 32 on the front!?

nautiboi73
08-06-2007, 07:10 PM
go to http://www.tintcenter.com/news/177.html
two things.

ONe, no where did it say that cars are only regulated in the front? NO WHERE!!

Two the bone head who is giving advice doesn't even know about Tint and the specs for each film. Darker tint don'et make you car hotter. the way tint works with both heat energy(solar energy) and Visible light: tint deflects a % away from glass, it absorbs a % , and it lets a % pass though to the interor of car, house building or whatever it is on. ALL the %'s add up to 100%. now certain films are better at 1 deflection and or 2 absorbtion. THe darkness of the film only refers to the Visible light Transmition not the Solar ENergy Tranmistion and both don't directly corelate on all films.

HatchedGTI
08-15-2007, 10:41 PM
I have to agree with the fact that only the two front and windshield windows need to be a lighter tint than the rest. I pretty much base my opinion on the fact that when you look at say, a van. Most utility vans ONLY have the front two windows and windshield, and its completely legal.

Therefor it shouldn't matter what type of vehicle you're driving in that case, as long as the main windows pass the law. I mean when you're learning to drive, you're not taught to use the rear window nor the rear passenger windows to help you drive, so it shouldn't matter if you can't see through them or if they don't exist at all.

Thats just my opinion though, I'm not telling you thats how it is, but if I get pulled over for it, thats my problem, I'll just have to fight it in court.

Since when are you not supposed to check your blind spots (rear windows) when merging or use your rear view mirror when backing up?

0p7!mu5
08-15-2007, 10:54 PM
not drivin behind that guy... lol

noridetoolow
08-16-2007, 08:54 AM
It has always been my understanding that cars could not have anything darker than 32% tint on any window.
Truck, SUVs, Vans....pretty much anything except cars must have 32% on the front door glass but the rest can be dark as you want.....all my mini trucks....I would do 5% on the back and ext cab windows, 32% on the doors....I have been stopped once for tint and it tested ok...5% on the back made the front look darker....but it was still legal.
You can get medical excuses for darker tint on cars but it requires a doctors indication that the driver is especially sensitive to bright light and I think you have to take that to someone to get special permission paper work or something, not real clear on this point but I know it exists.

In the long run....do you want to deal with the hassel? The possible fines? You cant have your cake and eat it too...its like lowering your ride so low its harder to drive, you sacrifce the risk of breaking things, for instance, i have gone through gas tanks, drive shafts...etc...but its a choice I made and I take the good with the bad. I like the look of a slammed out ride but I sacrifice tearin crap up or the possibility of it. Same goes with tintin your windows darker than legal limits....

RISKYB
08-16-2007, 11:14 AM
you might as well flip a quarter when you see a cop, its a gamble b/c to many are assholes

nautiboi73
08-17-2007, 11:16 AM
It has always been my understanding that cars could not have anything darker than 32% tint on any window.
Truck, SUVs, Vans....pretty much anything except cars must have 32% on the front door glass but the rest can be dark as you want.....all my mini trucks....I would do 5% on the back and ext cab windows, 32% on the doors....I have been stopped once for tint and it tested ok...5% on the back made the front look darker....but it was still legal.
You can get medical excuses for darker tint on cars but it requires a doctors indication that the driver is especially sensitive to bright light and I think you have to take that to someone to get special permission paper work or something, not real clear on this point but I know it exists.

In the long run....do you want to deal with the hassel? The possible fines? You cant have your cake and eat it too...its like lowering your ride so low its harder to drive, you sacrifce the risk of breaking things, for instance, i have gone through gas tanks, drive shafts...etc...but its a choice I made and I take the good with the bad. I like the look of a slammed out ride but I sacrifice tearin crap up or the possibility of it. Same goes with tintin your windows darker than legal limits....
somebody gets it.