PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods B16a2 turbo questions?

bRiAnMcIvIcS
07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
i was wondering if i turbo my b16a2 with a little over stock compression 10.5 cp pistons, rings and eagle rods will it last a while? i am not rough on my car.i dont want crazy power, just a little more. i will just be running low boost 7-8psi. i just wanna get around 230-250whp. i heard the b16's can be pretty problematic at around 250whp. i might get the turbonetics drag 3, full-race kit, or the edelbrock kit. What do you guys think is the best reliable full turbo kit?

patrick4588
07-06-2007, 09:22 PM
any of those should be reliable. and with with those pistons and rods your motor will be fine. sounds like a nice dd

IDriveToast
07-06-2007, 10:32 PM
10.5:1 compression on that low of boost with a built motor will be a great DD.

One thing you need to remember tho...is get the car PROFESSIONALLY TUNED. Mainstream, Batlground...someone that knows what they're doing. If you want your car to last, it needs to be (1) Tuned, and (2) Broken in correctly. These shops can tune and let you know correct break in procedures.

sullen
07-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Mainstream can't/couldn't tune E Manage. Make sure the kit you buy comes with an E manage and the cables. 10.5 comp at 8 psi should be a nice setup. even if you don't get the wanted HP, it'll still be fun.

patrick4588
07-07-2007, 01:49 AM
i dont think he ever stated he wanted an emanage? and if so, why? get the vmanage if anything. greddy makes the vmanage for VTEC cars... but i would recommend hondata or crome since so many tuners can do those programs. find a tuner and get what they want to use.

xbn83
07-07-2007, 03:49 PM
10.5 CR is ok with boost as long as the car will be well tuned. About the turbo kit, why don't you just piece on yourself. Get a good manifold and a turbo that fit your application. Stay away from drag manifold, it is known for boost creep. The wastegate placement is on 1 cylinder only. If you want log manifold, get Revhard, Blox, Inline4, Spoolin....And if you have more money, get the equal length like Neukin, Lovefab, Full race....There are so many good ones out there. Full race ramhorn manifold is very nice but will cost you an arm or a leg.

miro_gt
07-07-2007, 06:51 PM
why would you want ~220 WHP on a built motor ?!?!?!?!
I have more than that on my stock D ... lol

Formally...
07-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Mainstream can't/couldn't tune E Manage. .

I am not sure why you said this. Let me know if there is a reason for this so I can take care of it. The problem with e-manage is there are tons of different versions and we don't have every version on our laptops. If the customer doesn't bring their disk then sometimes we have problems communicating with the emanage.

As far as this thread, you will be just fine at that compression since you have forged internals. Like everyone else said you need to make sure to get a good tune. I WOULD NOT EVER use Emanage on a Honda. There are too many other options that work better for the same price. As far as what turbo kit to get, if you are just looking to make about 250whp any of those will do it or you can look at one of our custom kits. There is really no need for a $800+ manifold for a <300whp setup. Later.

patrick4588
07-09-2007, 11:32 PM
greddy makes a vmanage for the vtec motors...

scttydb411
07-10-2007, 06:06 PM
with forged rods/pistons you can make more than what you're shooting for. don't bother w/ emanage...hondata or crome would be much better.

patrick4588
07-11-2007, 02:34 AM
i personally run crome pro. works well and is user friendly

Autoworks
07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
I would convert to OBD1 and run CROME PRO as well.
As for the kits we also build customer specific kits. 200-220 WHP is easily made on a stock block B16.