PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Mazda 626 V6 HELP!!

ilovemyhonda.
07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Ok, as you see the title, I own a 96 mazda 626 v6, and I need help if anyone owns or has owned one and knows about them.

1. It is leaking water very slowly around the engine area, I believe I will confirm tonight and if it's a different area the leak is coming from I will let you know.

2. It is making a semi-loud noise like Thadadadadadadadadadadaddadada noise, not sure exactly how to explain the noise but that is what I'm hearing..

3. It starts overheating really bad because it runs out of water, but we dont know exactly where the leak is coming from, we can only tell by the wet marks on the ground..

my boyfriend said we have a new water pump and all the fans are working..if anyone has had this problem or have any ideas for me to check something please pm or post in my thread...

thank you in advance for your help!!

Kamikaze
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Check all the hoses and seals for cracks. After 11 years of driving, they tend to become brittle and wear out.

kfzemx3
07-06-2007, 08:28 PM
find where its leaking, you could have a crack in your block but i've never herd of the k series blocks cracking unless under alot of stress (high boost, nitrous,etc...)

is there a CEL (check engine light)

kfzemx3
07-06-2007, 08:30 PM
the best forum for local help for the klde or klze (2.5l v6 mazda motors) would be atlantamx3.com/mocaforum basically the biggest club of v6s in atlanta (mazda v6 at least)

blackshine007
07-07-2007, 09:36 AM
I can glance at it if you're going to the Mazda meet........ well, if it still runs......

JITB
07-07-2007, 10:02 AM
it sounds like the water pump is leaking, either someone didnt tighten correctly, and a seal is leaking. heard to diagnose noisese on the internet...lol. how quickly does it overheat?

ilovemyhonda.
07-07-2007, 04:58 PM
thank you guys for all your advice..we took it to the shop today, and it was a hose that had a hole in it, so they replaced the hose and we only had to pay for the oil that they had to put in...it works good now :)