PDA

View Full Version : questions

The BUCKY
07-06-2007, 12:17 PM
ok so what is the cyl. looking thing in the far left corner of the engine bay? can i pull it out when i do the swap. and what about the box beside it with all the vacuum running to it. will i need this also.

putting in an obd0 b16 gonna convert to obd1 though what else can i pull out. or who want to come help me tomorrow pull everything out of the bay

SLow_POke
07-06-2007, 12:19 PM
i think what ur askign is hte EVAP canaster. emmsions shit.

The BUCKY
07-06-2007, 12:25 PM
no the charcol canister is lower on the firewall. i have only seen these in efs

Whiteboy™
07-06-2007, 12:28 PM
picture?

The BUCKY
07-06-2007, 12:32 PM
ummm

let me find a pic

SLow_POke
07-06-2007, 12:35 PM
AHHHH where the battery would sit on a 92-up civic/teggy

The BUCKY
07-06-2007, 12:37 PM
yea^^

top left corner. he doesnt have the thing that is beside it that has the the vacuum lines running to it. maybe i wont need it

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL488/1126601/15966098/250520977.jpg

AgentEasy
07-06-2007, 02:58 PM
that round thing above the fuse box between the firewall and fender well? thats your windshield wiper motor..

Halfwit
07-06-2007, 03:10 PM
he said the picture DOES NOT have it....when the picture DOES have a windshield wiper motor, so thats not what hes talking about...

i dont think a wiper motor has vaccum lines running to it anyhow.

AgentEasy
07-06-2007, 04:44 PM
he said the picture DOES NOT have it....when the picture DOES have a windshield wiper motor, so thats not what hes talking about...

i dont think a wiper motor has vaccum lines running to it anyhow.

might if it's JDM :rolleyes:

Whiteboy™
07-06-2007, 05:11 PM
i don't think you need it.

The BUCKY
07-06-2007, 10:24 PM
lol we are all confused. lol

so the round thing is the wiper motor and no one knows what the other thing is. i will take pics tomorrow after the motor is out and we will figure it all out. there is alot more room in the bay with all the bullshit out. ac stuff, battery, stock intake, bla bla. cant wait to get it all out. and start painting.

Whiteboy™
07-06-2007, 11:35 PM
i know what your talking about, and I am pretty sure that it is not necessary

The BUCKY
07-06-2007, 11:38 PM
ok so i do see the round thing in the pic above and we have established that its the wiper motor. the other thing is not there so i guess i prob wont need it. i hope not because its ugly as hell

sullen
07-06-2007, 11:41 PM
its connected to something on the oter side of the firewall. my s13 has 1 im trying to get rid of as well. gotta take off the dash, and its above the cabin filter and motor. i think it might be for heat/air or something. either way, i disconnected all the electrical on mine, and it started just fine. you don't need it. and the wiper motor is located right next to that as well, wiper motor has the lines that look like vaccuum lines, but they're running to the sprayers. get rid of it.

jfrolang
07-07-2007, 06:32 AM
The black cylinder in the very top left of the engine bay is the wiper motor, and just to avoid confusion you can see it has a blue wire going into it...

The other black cylinder that mounts vertically to the firewall is the charcoal canister, and you can remove it. It always has red vacuum lines going to it. You can still see the mounting bracket where it was in that pic. Just cap off the vacuum lines that were going into it, one on the firewall and one on the throttle body.

There's nothing on the other side of the firewall for it either, at least not on an EF. It just pulls straight up out of its bracket, and it has a drain tube that goes straight down. Just take it all out.

The BUCKY
07-07-2007, 08:59 AM
what was all the vacuum stuff that was about the canister. and sorry for using you bay for this

sullen
07-07-2007, 09:12 AM
the charcoal cannister should have a hard line coming in from the gas tank, and another line running to the throttle body. fumes coming from the tank are absorbed and held in the charcoal until vaccuum is pulled by the running engine. vaccuum pulls the fumes from the coal, and into the motor. just cap the lines off. you can completely remove the hardline from the tank, just make sure you have plugged the hole left by the line. plug it with something that is not soluble by gasoline.

jfrolang
07-07-2007, 09:14 AM
The line that goes into it from the firewall leads back to the tank, and when the engine's running it provides vacuum via the line that connects to the throttle body. In this way it pulls the vapor buildup out of the tank through the charcoal canister, which acts as a filter.

I don't mind about my pic either. ;)