PDA

View Full Version : Misc laws on selling a gun privately

efman
07-05-2007, 06:28 PM
i'm thinking of posting a handgun i have for sale on a few internet boards, what are the state regulations on selling a gun to another individual ? thanks and reps for answers !

ShooterMcGavin
07-05-2007, 06:30 PM
make sure u draw up a bill of sale, get a copy of their driver's license, etc. if you want, u can always take it to a gun shop and they can serve as an official FFL for u, they do charge the buyer though like $25 or something to do that.

efman
07-05-2007, 06:39 PM
i've been told that you can just right up a bill of sale and sell it then tell the goverment that you sold it and thas all you have to do, but that does'nt sound right, so if i end up selling up, i should just set up the meeting at a gunstore ?

efman
07-05-2007, 06:39 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to shagwAg3n again.

ShooterMcGavin
07-05-2007, 06:42 PM
i've been told that you can just right up a bill of sale and sell it then tell the goverment that you sold it and thas all you have to do, but that does'nt sound right, so if i end up selling up, i should just set up the meeting at a gunstore ?
yeah like i said, that's all u really have to do to protect urself i think. if u want to be super safe though, go to a shop.

efman
07-05-2007, 07:06 PM
aight, thanks for the help thats exactly what i wanted to know