PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods B18ls block with a b16a2 head questions.

bRiAnMcIvIcS
07-05-2007, 02:10 PM
im thinkin about getting a ls block and putting my b16 head on it. im putting eagle rods and arias pistons in it, just a basic build. then im gonna do some head work like civic type r cams, ferrea valves, springs and retainers, and just clean it up a bit. if i were to go all motor and have a 11.2 compression what kind of hp. and torque numbers would i be looking at. i wanted to get around 200 hp. or would you guys just go with a b20b block?

1civic
07-05-2007, 02:33 PM
im thinkin about getting a ls block and putting my b16 head on it. im putting eagle rods and arias pistons in it, just a basic build. then im gonna do some head work like civic type r cams, ferrea valves, springs and retainers, and just clean it up a bit. if i were to go all motor and have a 11.2 compression what kind of hp. and torque numbers would i be looking at. i wanted to get around 200 hp. or would you guys just go with a b20b block?

200 is a Hard # to hit... With what you named you might make 160-170..
Think what you want about it But it takes more than just a set of pistons and rods to make 200... Even if you did a B20 Block your R/S Ratio would be shitty..
Its going to take a Good Flowing Head with cams that Match !.. Once you get that then you need a block that will hold the Revs.. So much comes into Play... Go look up some Builds also look at their #'s... Its going to take more than you think... :goodjob:

bRiAnMcIvIcS
07-05-2007, 03:01 PM
yeah dude your probably right. im just gonna boost my b16. maybe turbonetics drag 3 kit or something better. i might get 215-230 to the wheels. which is enough power for me.it's way cheaper than the all motor deal.