PDA

View Full Version : So I have this friend who lacks common sense

Stormhammer
07-05-2007, 02:03 AM
and the result of it was a house being caught on fire :no: :no:

Me and a friend ( Ace ) were setting up 3 mortars in a triangle in a street, and we had tied their fuses together to fire off at the same time more or less

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to us, the other friend, Kurt, thought it would be a GREAT idea to fire a bottle rocket up the street to try to make it go off at the same time the mortars did. Yeaaaa if we had known he was up to this we would have stopped him. Because up the street were the mortars. And these bottle rockets are at least the size of a penny roll if not larger.

Anyways, we light the fuse(s) and run, and turn around to watch them launch, only to witness a bottle rocket take off and head right for the mortars. Annnnd it hits one. The mortar rocked back and knocked the other two mortars over, and the mortar that got hit rocked theother way and fell over pointing down the street. At a bunch of kids. I haven't screamed so loud in a long time. I've never seen kids run so fast either. And the mortars fired. We really only saw the one go down the street, but apparently one that had been knocked over fired up at the house across the street, because 5 minutes later Ace's sister was shouting the house is on FIRE! and sure enough, it was. The mortar shell had gotten fired up into the front yard in pinestraw right beside the house, set the straw on fire, as well as having burned/melted some siding.

Moral of the story? If you think you have a good idea, ask someone first, because it probably isn't :rolleyes: so we're making Kurt pay for the damage :yes:

TRDwasiq
07-05-2007, 02:05 AM
good job:)

Double_0_Rusty
07-05-2007, 02:08 AM
sweet.....not so much that sucks

RandomGuy
07-05-2007, 03:43 AM
i have my fair share of burn marks on my arm... burned a few holes in my shirt but otherwise in one piece.

After we got finished with our mortars we got bored with everything else so we used that fuse that you can buy (10 cents a foot) and we bought a shitload (like $5 worth) and tied the rest of everything together (bottle rockets, everything, etc) and just laid it on the ground and ran (in a giant parking lot at a friends store)
Left a foot of slack up front.... so we lit it... it literally took at least 2 minutes to get to the first ones then when it got to the bottle rockets shit went crazy, the fuse wiggled as it burned, i guess it was packed with a LOT of gunpowder so it made everything change positions and next thing you know theres like 48 bottle rockets going in random directions... was pretty crazy, nothing damaged thankfully.

I satisfied my itch for fireworks til maybe new years?

Slow Motion
07-05-2007, 04:57 AM
and the result of it was a house being caught on fire :no: :no:

Me and a friend ( Ace ) were setting up 3 mortars in a triangle in a street, and we had tied their fuses together to fire off at the same time more or less

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to us, the other friend, Kurt, thought it would be a GREAT idea to fire a bottle rocket up the street to try to make it go off at the same time the mortars did. Yeaaaa if we had known he was up to this we would have stopped him. Because up the street were the mortars. And these bottle rockets are at least the size of a penny roll if not larger.

Anyways, we light the fuse(s) and run, and turn around to watch them launch, only to witness a bottle rocket take off and head right for the mortars. Annnnd it hits one. The mortar rocked back and knocked the other two mortars over, and the mortar that got hit rocked theother way and fell over pointing down the street. At a bunch of kids. I haven't screamed so loud in a long time. I've never seen kids run so fast either. And the mortars fired. We really only saw the one go down the street, but apparently one that had been knocked over fired up at the house across the street, because 5 minutes later Ace's sister was shouting the house is on FIRE! and sure enough, it was. The mortar shell had gotten fired up into the front yard in pinestraw right beside the house, set the straw on fire, as well as having burned/melted some siding.

Moral of the story? If you think you have a good idea, ask someone first, because it probably isn't :rolleyes: so we're making Kurt pay for the damage :yes:

Your friend is a complete moron for doing that......WTF was he thinking about when he did it? I mean common since isn't even what's lacking in this situation.

Leadfoot_mf
07-05-2007, 07:20 AM
i can fix the siding. i have a vinyl siding company.

Stormhammer
07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
^^ you have a PM :D

Z32redondo
07-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Ya I bought some of those 12 gram co2's and filled them with gunpowder. Then took the bitches and put a fuse in them . Needless to say people were doing their fireworks and thinking they were big shit and then I set few of these off behind a 5 foot brickwall (so that none of the co2 container could hit anyone) then ran like shit. Well these things are louder than gunshots and people were dropping like a drive by was going on.

*I did this far away from everyone like an 1/8 of a mile behind a brick wall so nobody could get hurt*

Leadfoot_mf
07-05-2007, 07:07 PM
it shouldnt be more than 200 bucks but depends on the trim piece. take a picture that will help alot.

Jerra
07-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Why don't people just buy those little snake things...those are my fave...and super safe...LOL

imbosile
07-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Why don't people just buy those little snake things...those are my fave...and super safe...LOL

LOL those are pretty cool

Jerra
07-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Sadly...they are my fave...they used to have some made of the same stuff that turned into flowers...those were cool too...oooh...and smoke bombs...they're cool too...

Stormhammer
07-05-2007, 09:16 PM
it shouldnt be more than 200 bucks but depends on the trim piece. take a picture that will help alot.

is that with installation too?

Hektik
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
The thing about common sense is that its not that common...

ejohnson88
07-05-2007, 10:28 PM
lol those mortars can be tricky... lol I had something like that happen this fourth but not because of anything stupid someone did... but because I guess the powder wasnt packed very well at all. SO me and like 5 of my friends are standing in a pretty close vicinity of the mortar and I light one and everyone backs away about 10-15 feet waiting for it to shoot straight up into the sky.. well we hear it go but don't see it shoot up... it kind of like pops out of the cannon i would say no more than 10 feet and then Just explodes... and well you know how big those things can blow? Yeah we all got like burnt and hit with shrapnel.... was crazy stupid but awesome at the same time.

Leadfoot_mf
07-05-2007, 10:38 PM
is that with installation too?
yep

Stormhammer
07-06-2007, 04:52 PM
take a picture that will help alot.

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/9016/p7060002oh8.jpg

:no:

Echonova
07-06-2007, 05:15 PM
i can fix the siding. i have a vinyl siding company.http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/91/TFS04BANNER1.JPG (http://www.tunerfestshootout.com/) vBulletin Message

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Leadfoot_mf again.