PDA

View Full Version : 6 Speed is great!!!

Hunter02SS
07-04-2007, 11:17 PM
On the way home tonight a couple of street bike's pulled up beside me and wanted to play.So we came to a red light and when it turned green we rolled out to about 15mph and it was on. I hammered it in 1st granny shifted 2nd and pulled him in 2nd and 3rd was leaving him!! Got to about 5000rpm in third and we had to slow down. I asked what size bike it was and he said it is a GSXR 1000!!!
My car hook's amazingly well in first and second. I wish I never spent the money on the auto!i would of liked to see what the bike would do on the hwy,but I believe he was headed home as I was. It was fun!:yes: :cheers:

Incontt
07-05-2007, 06:23 AM
what boost/tires to hook in 2nd????
Glad the tranny is working out for you...nice kill already!!

iloveboost
07-05-2007, 07:41 AM
I'm also curious to know what tires you're running.

Good kill!

Hunter02SS
07-05-2007, 10:13 AM
I am running the nitto's still.Nothing has changed. Still at 12lbs of boost.The only thing I did was put the new torque arm on.It is the one the remove's it from the tail housing and mount's about half way under the car.The car just squat's a little and go's.Something is working right on it!:cheers:

Incontt
07-05-2007, 10:35 AM
WOW.....that is very impressive!!

CHADbee
07-05-2007, 10:50 AM
beating a 1000 in a car is allways just amazing. i would loved to see the look on that guys face :lmao:

1civic
07-05-2007, 01:57 PM
:umno: ....I call BS........ Nitto's Suck.. And it was Proable a 250cc Bike...lol Whats your car run in a 1/8 or 1/4 Mile ? ... :???:

Incontt
07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I know he ran a 10.7 but i forget the boost...like 135 mph....that was with an auto

1civic
07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
This is why I called BS.... This is what these bikes will do in a 1/4 mile... Link is posted also... Ether the guy lied about the bike or your car runs 9's which I'm sure it don't.... :blah:

GSX-R1000 ('01) 10.10 @ 141.70
GSX-R1000 ('02) 9.92 @ 144.96
GSX-R1000 ('03) 10.09 @ 141.45
GSX-R1000 ('04) 9.96 @ 144.7
GSX-R1000 ('05) 9.79 @ 148.4

Here is the link.. Before you post some smart ass Comment.... :goodjob:
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/index8.html

1civic
07-05-2007, 02:20 PM
I know he ran a 10.7 but i forget the boost...like 135 mph....that was with an auto

He is going to lose time when he goes back to the track with the 5spd... Hate to say it but its true... ;)

on 3
07-05-2007, 02:38 PM
if you know some much than you would know he has a 6spd

DieselNuts
07-05-2007, 02:43 PM
This is why I called BS.... This is what these bikes will do in a 1/4 mile... Link is posted also... Ether the guy lied about the bike or your car runs 9's which I'm sure it don't.... :blah:

well here is a comment that isnt smart ass. Those are professional riders. Plus, have you noticed that when a car outruns a bike, its on top end? if you get a car that runs the same 1/4mi. as a bike and run them both from a 40-50mph roll, the car will beat the bike in the 140mph+ zone. Once you get to a certain speed, aerodynamics become a huge factor. Cars that have the power to turn an ET the same as a crotchrocket have enough power to overcome they're lack of aerodynamics to a point so they dont have to worry about them untill even higher speeds. Ever notice that a foxbody mustang is such a popular drag car, but has the aerodynamics of a brick?

DieselNuts
07-05-2007, 02:44 PM
He is going to lose time when he goes back to the track with the 5spd... Hate to say it but its true... ;)
do you know why autos are used on the strip more than manual cars? I'll wait for your answer before I tell you...

keevo54
07-05-2007, 02:44 PM

But the guy he raced could be an average or below average rider. Your an idiot. Just because one driver can run a 9.79 doesnt mean it is easily replicated

on 3
07-05-2007, 02:45 PM
thank you ^^^^^^^

1civic
07-05-2007, 03:00 PM
well here is a comment that isnt smart ass. Those are professional riders. Plus, have you noticed that when a car outruns a bike, its on top end? if you get a car that runs the same 1/4mi. as a bike and run them both from a 40-50mph roll, the car will beat the bike in the 140mph+ zone. Once you get to a certain speed, aerodynamics become a huge factor. Cars that have the power to turn an ET the same as a crotchrocket have enough power to overcome they're lack of aerodynamics to a point so they dont have to worry about them untill even higher speeds. Ever notice that a foxbody mustang is such a popular drag car, but has the aerodynamics of a brick?

Oh Jack nut read his Post, It was from a Light... 15mph Kick he let up in 3rd.. :goodjob:

1civic
07-05-2007, 03:01 PM
do you know why autos are used on the strip more than manual cars? I'll wait for your answer before I tell you...

Hummm.... No I don't please do tell..... :lmfao:

2.0civic
07-05-2007, 03:02 PM
uhhh....what cars are quicker (stock) up top than a gsxr1k?

1civic
07-05-2007, 03:04 PM
But the guy he raced could be an average or below average rider. Your an idiot. Just because one driver can run a 9.79 doesnt mean it is easily replicated

No shit.... But I was Looking at the Trap Speeds cause they Don't lie... If his car traped only traped 130 then no matter how bad the rider a Bike will trap 140 pretty easy... ;)

Any more NutSwingers Ready to chim in..... :lmfao:

1civic
07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
thank you ^^^^^^^

For what... :blah:

DieselNuts
07-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh Jack nut read his Post, It was from a Light... 15mph Kick he let up in 3rd.. :goodjob:
well, you got me there. your right about that one.

Hummm.... No I don't please do tell..... :lmfao:
its not because they are quicker...whats your guess?

who said anything about a stock car?

1civic
07-05-2007, 03:12 PM
its not because they are quicker...whats your guess?

So you think He will run Faster with a 6Spd over Say a Built TH400, Glide..Etc.... :lmfao:

1civic
07-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Let get something Stright.... I did not say a GSX-R 1000 will beat any car from a Roll...... :goodjob: ... I'm talking about a Drag race from a Traffic Light.... :D

DieselNuts
07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
So you think He will run Faster with a 6Spd over Say a Built TH400, Glide..Etc.... :lmfao:
if the auto is leaving the line off the foot brake, then yeah. The whole reason behind having an auto for the strip is because they are consistant. You dont have to worry about miss shifts. Having a trans brake and stall converter, you leave at the exact RPM you want to leave at every time.

Let get something Stright.... I did not say a GSX-R 1000 will beat any car from a Roll...... :goodjob: ... I'm talking about a Drag race from a Traffic Light.... :D
yeah, I realize that now. The other part of my other post will stay dormant for another thread :D

1civic
07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
if the auto is leaving the line off the foot brake, then yeah. The whole reason behind having an auto for the strip is because they are consistant. You dont have to worry about miss shifts. Having a trans brake and stall converter, you leave at the exact RPM you want to leave at evertime

Your right for the Most Part But there is a Little more too it.... ;) ... :D

on 3
07-05-2007, 03:52 PM
were's your scooter i'll run it

GangstaCoupe
07-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I am not a nut swinger, but anything can happen on the street, not to mention over 85% of the people who ride now adays are marginal at best... And in one of his posts I thought I read he made low 7XX's... so I would be willing to bet it was possible.

keevo54
07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
The drivers ability is more noticeable from a standstill than from a roll. It is challenging to launch a gsxr 1000 properly; therefore it is typically easier to beat them from a dig as long as the car hooks

1civic
07-05-2007, 07:16 PM
were's your scooter i'll run it

For the right amount You'll see what Scooter I Run.... ;)

on 3
07-05-2007, 09:08 PM
$$$$$$

ueyedgr8tness
07-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Sry but i would have to see it in person to believe it even with a roockie rider that gsxr1000 is 1 bad ass bike unless it was an older 1 cause i no it wasnt a 2004 and up. unless u got a low 9 sec car..

Incontt
07-05-2007, 11:40 PM
i see TONS of bikes at SDR ....dunno what size they are but seldom are they faster than my car and I am only running low 10s. Most cant 60' for shit...they bog real bad or wheelie...and then let out and just kill the 60' time. An experienced track rider is VERY different than the avg crotch rocket rider who usually does the 60-160 kick. Go to any dragstrip and watch the street bikes.....you will get to see tons of 9 sec bikes run 10s and 11s.
Chris went 6 speed because it was a quick fix. He did not want the car to be down for a few weeks/month and that is understandable. Maybe after the "new" wears off his new toy he might be able to have the car down for a bit . For now, he just wants to drive!!!

Hunter02SS
07-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Let's get one thing straight. I have no reason to lie about anything. My car made 735rwhp with the auto and ran 135mph in the quarter spinning through second.If you are so smart then you will know that when you put a 6 speed in a car it will automatically make more horsepower!!! So I am guessing it make's in the range of 750rwhp or so now.We ran from about 3500 in 1st up to about 5000rpm in third for me.whether he let off or what i do not know but he was not giving anything to me! Maybe he couldn't ride i do not know but The faster i went the further he was behind.The gsxr 1000 was i guess by looking about a 99 or so maybe newer. They all look the same to me! You don't know me so don't talk shit about me or my car. If you can outrun me,then talk all the shit you want,until then STFU!!!!!:2up:

Hunter02SS
07-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Sry but i would have to see it in person to believe it even with a roockie rider that gsxr1000 is 1 bad ass bike unless it was an older 1 cause i no it wasnt a 2004 and up. unless u got a low 9 sec car..

It is what it is. Whether or not he was a good rider or not,he still raced me and lost! We ran 4 or 5 time's and the outcome was the same!It is just possible my car hook's and is that quick!!!:yes:

OneSlow5pt0
07-06-2007, 02:00 AM

SLR Mclaren:D

Incontt
07-06-2007, 07:44 AM
lol Chris...since you are obviously lying ;) you shoulda made up a really cool bike like a turbod busa!! THEN also say your car ran mid 8s!!!

Tell you wife that I really enjoyed talking to her last night....her opinions and feedback on the cars is a LOT like my wifes...gotta keep those woman happy!!

DieselNuts
07-06-2007, 07:51 AM
SLR Mclaren:D
how do you figure that a low 11sec car will beat a high 9sec bike?

edit: I see now that it says quicker up top.....that I still dont know.

Camaroz2869c
07-06-2007, 09:15 AM
i thought about converting to 6 sp but doubt i will

AnthonyF
07-06-2007, 11:00 AM
i think jealousy is playing a big part in this thread. are you mad that his car can out run a 1000? Do not be jealous, be envious.

like some1 else said in this thread, most riders are moderate at best.

BUGMAN
07-06-2007, 12:00 PM
I am just curious on what you did to those Nitto's to get them to hook on the street putting 750+ rwhp to them? And this was through a manual tranny too? I am assuming that the 15 mph was also 1st gear unless I missed something but Nitto's suck dick if you have over 250 rwhp even at the track so what's the secret?

Not trying to start a flame war but holy miracle maker getting those tires to hook is impressive as hell.

Ah and as far as the jealous comments are concerned, don't bring that in my direction because if I wanted a vette I would already have one. :goodjob:

Isn't your vette the twin turbo'd one that hangs at Gwinnett from time to time?

BUGMAN
07-06-2007, 12:12 PM
DieselNuts (http://member.php?u=4366)

So what's the deal with Grayson Tire and Auto? Just curious since I live fairly close to there (assuming it is near Loganville) and use several different tire companies. Never been there but curious about your sig.

PM me if need be.

1civic
07-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Let's get one thing straight. I have no reason to lie about anything. My car made 735rwhp with the auto and ran 135mph in the quarter spinning through second.If you are so smart then you will know that when you put a 6 speed in a car it will automatically make more horsepower!!! So I am guessing it make's in the range of 750rwhp or so now...

Well, I see now that you have no clue.... :blah: ... So you went from a Auto to a 6sp and only gained 15hp.... :lmfao: ... Dude most cars when Convertered to a Auto from a 5 or 6spd will Lose 15%... So Depending on what Auto Tranny you had Going to a 6spd, I would guess around 10-15% Gain !!.... Do the Math !!...
This is my thing, Your car Makes 700+ But you Hooked in 1st on the Street !.. You wrote that you Spun before down the Track and what did you change ?
It takes a Little more than a Touqe arm to make a car Hook, Hell even with 700+Hp on the street its not going to hook down low... :screwy:..
Now, I could give a shit about what you drive or who you are... When you post a Story online, Don't get all mad if someone calls BS... You posted it Not me..... :cheers: ...

Incontt
07-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Bugman, a lot of us questioned the traction with nittos and i think i have the answer. I think he was blowing thru up top with the auto converter he had before but it prolly made for killer spool down low. I am thinking now with the manual, it is not making nearly as much boost down low as it was with the auto. If it is like my turbo, first gear is pretty controllable as the boost comes on slow and linearly. I did some tuning yesterday on my car and even 5psi was a spinfest in 2nd gear...on regular hard tires which makes me think his boost delivery is a lot smoother now. believe me, i asked him and his fabricator face to face last night about it....dont think he is lying ...just stating that for whatever reason it is hooking. The track will be the big tell tale. lots of ls1 guys have probs building boost with a manual so it would make sense that he could hook down low now

1civic
07-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Bugman, a lot of us questioned the traction with nittos and i think i have the answer. I think he was blowing thru up top with the auto converter he had before but it prolly made for killer spool down low. I am thinking now with the manual, it is not making nearly as much boost down low as it was with the auto. If it is like my turbo, first gear is pretty controllable as the boost comes on slow and linearly. I did some tuning yesterday on my car and even 5psi was a spinfest in 2nd gear...on regular hard tires which makes me think his boost delivery is a lot smoother now. believe me, i asked him and his fabricator face to face last night about it....dont think he is lying ...just stating that for whatever reason it is hooking. The track will be the big tell tale

Ok.... Do you think they Pulled Boost out ?... And Do you really think if he posted this BS on another Forum He wouldn't be called out on it... You just said yourself you did not beleave him... Thats why you asked his Fabricator face to face... :screwy: .. Come on man, Ether he don't make the 700whp or he has a one of a Kind Vette that Hooks 700+whp in 1st and 2nd Gear on street tires... :lmfao:

Incontt
07-06-2007, 12:41 PM
i dont think they pulled boost out...i think no stall and a 6 speed with pretty big turbos are spooling much slower now....making a lot less power down low and allowing him to hook. I did not beleive he has the exact same power curve and is hooking that down low on Nittos. I believe he has the same peak numbers but not nearly as much down low and that could be hooked on nittos from a roll. They didnt do a retune for the 6 speed and i guarantee you the a/f is way fat down low now and killing some power and spool down low. Really think about what i just said.....it makes sense. Chris doesnt do his own tuning and he has no reason to lie...I believe him....just took a few moments to rationalize how its possible

oh its a camaro ss...not a vette and yes he would be called out on it on other boards if he posted it.

1civic
07-06-2007, 12:57 PM
i dont think they pulled boost out...i think no stall and a 6 speed with pretty big turbos are spooling much slower now....making a lot less power down low and allowing him to hook. I did not beleive he has the exact same power curve and is hooking that down low on Nittos. I believe he has the same peak numbers but not nearly as much down low and that could be hooked on nittos from a roll. They didnt do a retune for the 6 speed and i guarantee you the a/f is way fat down low now and killing some power and spool down low. Really think about what i just said.....it makes sense. Chris doesnt do his own tuning and he has no reason to lie...I believe him....just took a few moments to rationalize how its possible

oh its a camaro ss...not a vette and yes he would be called out on it on other boards if he posted it.

I understand your point completely.... ;) ... With the car not being tune makes this story even better... So He had the 6spd installed, the car is Pig Rich down low, Not building any Boost !!... Did they even Check the A/F ? That car could be 9:1 and them not even know !!... Yes I know the A/F will pick up once the car Builds Boost... ;) .. Well that would explain not spinning the Tires, Hell it don't have any power... :lmfao: ... But I still don't see that car out running a 1000, Not from a Dig or even a slow 15mph roll.. At 15mph is more in the Bikes favor... :boobies: ...

Hunter02SS
07-06-2007, 12:58 PM
You are correct Jerry. The car has not been retuned and is pig fat.( 1 CIVIC)You can ask ZU later and 198 plus. Last night I ran both of them and the car did not spin.After it is retuned it might possibly ,but as of now it dosn't! i realize that my car will pick up about 15% going to a 6 speed,but if I posted i would gain another 100rwhp you would of called bs on that also,so i was being conservative. If you would like to come out and run me ,You can see for your self!!!!No boost has been pulled out.When I was at the track I had the automatic with a stall converter. There is such a thing called (TORQUE MULTIPLICATION) in a stall.There is none in a 6 speed.That is how I was able to spin in second with the auto and Jerry probably explained it the best in his previous post.Believe me if I can find the guy this weekend I will see if he want's to run again and I will get it on video for Ya!! I have nothing to prove to you (1 Civic) as I was racing when you were in diaper's!!:goodjob:

Vteckidd
07-06-2007, 01:06 PM
i dont discount the story. im sure it happened as these guys have no reason to lie.

they arent ricers trying to prove something.

but i know my roomates 500whp 2J 240 roasts ET streets through second, so............

congrats on the kill@

Vteckidd
07-06-2007, 01:07 PM
IMHO your prob at 780-790whp just by switching the trans.

i know the supra guys are at least 15% between the 6 speed an the TH400s

Incontt
07-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Chris, watch that a/f up top...dunno how much more power its making now but just in case, watch it for leaness as I am sure you are. I might get some nittos next time. my regular tires dont last long anyway so not really any difference from mileage standpoint. I wish I could buy your rear prostars/tires but I told you about the wifes new job :(

1civic
07-06-2007, 01:17 PM
You are correct Jerry. The car has not been retuned and is pig fat.( 1 CIVIC)You can ask ZU later and 198 plus. Last night I ran both of them and the car did not spin.After it is retuned it might possibly ,but as of now it dosn't! i realize that my car will pick up about 15% going to a 6 speed,but if I posted i would gain another 100rwhp you would of called bs on that also,so i was being conservative. If you would like to come out and run me ,You can see for your self!!!!No boost has been pulled out.When I was at the track I had the automatic with a stall converter. There is such a thing called (TORQUE MULTIPLICATION) in a stall.There is none in a 6 speed.That is how I was able to spin in second with the auto and Jerry probably explained it the best in his previous post.Believe me if I can find the guy this weekend I will see if he want's to run again and I will get it on video for Ya!! I have nothing to prove to you (1 Civic) as I was racing when you were in diaper's!!:goodjob:

I Got you... How old do you think I am ?... :bannana:

Incontt
07-06-2007, 01:23 PM
i am gonna guess 27....haha...i just looked at your profile AFTER i typed 27.....I guessed by the fact that you comprehended the fat a/f...slow boost/no power and that you knew 9:1 a/f was way fat....but you had a screen name with civic in it so I was close if your profile is correct.

1civic
07-06-2007, 01:31 PM
i am gonna guess 27....haha...i just looked at your profile AFTER i typed 27.....I guessed by the fact that you comprehended the fat a/f...slow boost/no power and that you knew 9:1 a/f was way fat....but you had a screen name with civic in it so I was close if your profile is correct.

Yep...27, But don't let the Screen name Fool you... I've been working on Mustangs for the Past few Years.... ;) .. Most would know the name of the shop I worked at.... :goodjob:

Boostfed
07-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Bobby,shut the fuck up!!!!!Go back to working on your rustang's!!!:gay:

1civic
07-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Bobby,shut the fuck up!!!!!Go back to working on your rustang's!!!:gay:

And who might you be ? ... :taun:

on 3
07-06-2007, 03:25 PM
and if you say higgins i'm going to LMAO what a joke of a place!!!!!!!!!!!

1civic
07-06-2007, 03:35 PM

Nope... :no: .. I don't work anywhere close to home.... ;)

Hunter02SS
07-06-2007, 03:44 PM

:lmfao: :lmfao:

GTslOw
07-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Nope... :no: .. I don't work anywhere close to home.... ;)hell my heads cam 150 shot ss dead hooks in first gear on 275/40/17 nittos:goodjob:

1civic
07-06-2007, 06:19 PM
hell my heads cam 150 shot ss dead hooks in first gear on 275/40/17 nittos:goodjob:

I got something for you when I see you again.... ;) ... :D

Hunter02SS
07-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Hopefully I will see him out tonight,do's this mean you will be there also???:ninja:

Leadfoot_mf
07-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Ok.... Do you think they Pulled Boost out ?... And Do you really think if he posted this BS on another Forum He wouldn't be called out on it... You just said yourself you did not beleave him... Thats why you asked his Fabricator face to face... :screwy: .. Come on man, Ether he don't make the 700whp or he has a one of a Kind Vette that Hooks 700+whp in 1st and 2nd Gear on street tires... :lmfao:

its not a vette bobby. chris has no reason to lie.

1civic
07-06-2007, 07:27 PM
its not a vette bobby. chris has no reason to lie.

Yeah, I understand now.. ;) . I put 2 and 2 together... :D

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 07:33 PM
... Dude most cars when Convertered to a Auto from a 5 or 6spd will Lose 15%... So Depending on what Auto Tranny you had Going to a 6spd, I would guess around 10-15% Gain !!.... Do the Math !!...
:cheers: ...

Actually, while the 15-20% that everyone throws around as a loss/gain is rule of thumb, the rule is inaccurate at best.

Example, my last 346" driven M6 went 460rwhp/424rwtq. Let's use 20% as the loss(rwhp x 1.20(20%)= 552 FWHP)through a heavy ass driveline.... steel DS, 12 bolt/4.56's, and 28" slicks.

Swapped in a braked stalled lock up TH400 and went 440/400 which shows a loss of an additional 20 rwhp.

New motor w/the same TH400 went 540/500(648 FWHP, again using 20%)through the same driveline. So.... if I swapped the same M6/clutch & flywheel back in it would go 81+ rwhp more? The math says not.

Driveline loss is drive line loss, and is what it is. It doesn't increase exponentially with power increase. That would be like saying it would take 300 FWHP in a 2000 FWHP motor to turn the same driveline I'm turning with 108 total FWHP in a 648 FWHP motor

I could understand and agree that when going to an unefficiantly built trans/converter combo, or even add in gearing/tire combo's the loss would increase(or decrease), but I don't buy the 15-20% across the board blanket statement for every application.

I HAVE done the math.

Back to Chris being full of shit......

He is not.

Have a nice day :goodjob:

Z U L8R
07-06-2007, 07:36 PM
on bike's it's all about the rider, from digs, in turns, down low, up top is only when playing field levels out of man vs machine.

hunter's car had no probs getting traction. one must also take into account suspension set ups. car A might have 300rwhp and spin on wider nitto's than car B, who's making twice as much power but has better suspension for drag. i know chris's car is much faster than mine, i saw the tail lights last night LOL, i love messing with bikes and do it when the opportunity's there, my conclusion first hand is it's all about the rider.

good job Chris =]

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 07:39 PM
^^^ DingDingDing!!!! We have a winner! ^^^

1civic
07-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Actually, while the 15-20% that everyone throws around as a loss/gain is rule of thumb, the rule is inaccurate at best.

Example, my last 346" driven M6 went 460rwhp/424rwtq. Let's use 20% as the loss(rwhp x 1.20(20%)= 552 FWHP)through a heavy ass driveline.... steel DS, 12 bolt/4.56's, and 28" slicks.

Swapped in a braked stalled lock up TH400 and went 440/400 which shows a loss of an additional 20 rwhp.

New motor w/the same TH400 went 540/500(648 FWHP, again using 20%)through the same driveline. So.... if I swapped the same M6/clutch & flywheel back in it would go 81+ rwhp more? The math says not.

Driveline loss is drive line loss, and is what it is. It doesn't increase exponentially with power increase. That would be like saying it would take 300 FWHP in a 2000 FWHP motor to turn the same driveline I'm turning with 108 total FWHP in a 648 FWHP motor

I could understand and agree that when going to an unefficiantly built trans/converter combo, or even add in gearing/tire combo's the loss would increase(or decrease), but I don't buy the 15-20% across the board blanket statement for every application.

I HAVE done the math.

Back to Chris being full of shit......

He is not.

Have a nice day :goodjob:

Ok you Quoted what I had to say.... :goodjob: .. Did you not Notice that it says it depends on the Tranny.... ;) .. Your right its not they same for ever car or setup... :no:

My Example: We put a th400 in a 2v KB car that made 800/800 threw a 5spd... It now makes 642/654...... Thats almost a 20% loss ...
I could go on and on about this But I'm done...Its Pointless !! :goodjob: .. I'll let you Cheby guys claim your fame over here on IA... But just be sure you don't post your Bullshit on Ls1 Tech or StreetCarForums... If you did, You'd be called out on what you think you know... I already see this Mr Hunter don't have a Clue, He lets his Buddys do all the Tech talk for him... :lmfao: ... :D

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 08:11 PM
LOL! I'll quote you again so that perhaps this time you can see that what I'm saying is NOT what you're saying :goodjob:

... Dude most cars when Convertered to a Auto from a 5 or 6spd will Lose 15%... So Depending on what Auto Tranny you had Going to a 6spd, I would guess around 10-15% Gain !!.... Do the Math !!...

The LOSS between a manual vs. auto is NOT an additional 15%!!!!!

It's the TOTAL driveline loss..... or so the rule of thumb would dictate.

I'll let you Cheby guys claim your fame over here on IA...

LOL! The day I feel the need to "claim my fame" on IA is the day I'll put a bullet in my head

But just be sure you don't post your Bullshit on Ls1 Tech or StreetCarForums... If you did, You'd be called out on what you think you know...

LMHWMFAO :lmfao:

I already see this Mr Hunter don't have a Clue, He lets his Buddys do all the Tech talk for him... :lmfao: ... :D

And it didn't take long for you to show me you're clued in either :goodjob:

1civic
07-06-2007, 08:23 PM
LOL! I'll quote you again so that perhaps this time you can see that what I'm saying is NOT what you're saying :goodjob:

The LOSS between a manual vs. auto is NOT an additional 15%!!!!!

It's the TOTAL driveline loss..... or so the rule of thumb would dictate.

LOL! The day I feel the need to "claim my fame" on IA is the day I'll put a bullet in my head

LMHWMFAO :lmfao:

And it didn't take long for you to show me you're clued in either :goodjob:

You feel better..... :lmfao: ... Let me guess you got a Cheby..... :blah: ..
So you got a F-body and you know it all.... :goodjob: ... When you guy post this shit on LS1 Tech please post the link... Until then I have no respect for you.... :gay:..

Edit: Mr Hunter, Be sure to post your Kill on LS1 Tech or StreetCarForums, I would love to see what some of these other guys have to say... :D

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 08:30 PM
You feel better..... :lmfao: ... Let me guess you got a Cheby..... :blah: ..
So you got a F-body and you know it all.... :goodjob: ... When you guy post this shit on LS1 Tech please post the link... Until then I have no respect for you.... :gay:..

Edit: Mr Hunter, Be sure to post your Kill on LS1 Tech or StreetCarForums, I would love to see what some of these other guys have to say... :D

Actually....
didn't feel bad to begin with. Thanx for askin' :goodjob:

Got an F-body. Don't know it all. Know quite a bit, but not all of it-

No problem posting the link. Is what it is.

Don't much give a fuck who you do or don't respect.

Have a nice day!

1civic
07-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Actually....
didn't feel bad to begin with. Thanx for askin' :goodjob:

Got an F-body. Don't know it all. Know quite a bit, but not all of it-

No problem posting the link. Is what it is.

Don't much give a fuck who you do or don't respect.

Have a nice day!

Thats Really nice to know... Glad you don't feel bad !.... :D
How does you car hook on the street ?
You got Nitto's ?
Your car runs mid 10's Right ?
Do you think you can out run a GSX-R 1000 from a Dig on the Street ?

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 08:59 PM
You got Nitto's ?

Hooks good.
12 ways/coilovers/Adj. rod ended everything on slicks full time
No Nittos.... thanx anyway
Yes. On motor
Yes

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 09:01 PM
This is great fun-
Thought you were done?

1civic
07-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Can I not ask you Questions.... :lmfao: ... Oh !.. Wait, should I make a New Thread Just for you.... :boobies:

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Can I not ask you Questions.... :lmfao: ... Oh !.. Wait, should I make a New Thread Just for you.... :boobies:

You can ask anything you want.... no need for a new thread just for me, but I appreciate the thought :goodjob:

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 09:15 PM
EDIT:

This thread has been officially hijacked :bump:

1civic
07-06-2007, 09:23 PM
EDIT:

This thread has been officially hijacked :bump:

Looks like it... To bad its going to rain, I would like to see your Buddy Outrun a GSX-R 1000 From a Dig or Slow 15mph Roll on his Nitto's.... :lmfao:

Links Posted On SCF... Going to LS1 Tech next, Just want to get a Little feed back on His Magic Nitto's.... :goodjob:

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 09:24 PM
OkeeDokee

Incontt
07-06-2007, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=1civic]Ok you Quoted what I had to say.... :goodjob: .. Did you not Notice that it says it depends on the Tranny.... ;) .. Your right its not they same for ever car or setup... :no:

My Example: We put a th400 in a 2v KB car that made 800/800 threw a 5spd... It now makes 642/654...... Thats almost a 20% loss ...

You need to start getting good converters and not one like the shitpile you apparently installed in that 2v KB car.

Have you been to the track to see how many bikes dont even run 10s? Great riders from a dig arent the norm.

Why would Chris lie about it? Did anyone seem overly impressed? At his power level, anything can happen on the streets.
Chris, next time use a turbod viper in your story,,,now THAT would impress me ;)

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Jerry..... you must remember, this is IA where every 1civic owns you.

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 09:43 PM
You got Nitto's ?

Just out of shear boredom/curiosity.... what's YOUR shit run?

From a dig?
How does YOUR car hook?
YOUR car runs mid 10's right?
Do you think YOU can out run a GSX-R 1000 from a dig on the street?

Fuck a roll-

Incontt
07-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Init2winit...post up..i see you looking ;) You can call BS on Chris...hell we all know he is lying....he cant read...."Nitto" and "ET Drag" look the same to Chris!!

1civic
07-06-2007, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=1civic]Ok you Quoted what I had to say.... :goodjob: .. Did you not Notice that it says it depends on the Tranny.... ;) .. Your right its not they same for ever car or setup... :no:

You need to start getting good converters and not one like the shitpile you apparently installed in that 2v KB car.

Have you been to the track to see how many bikes dont even run 10s? Great riders from a dig arent the norm.

Why would Chris lie about it? Did anyone seem overly impressed? At his power level, anything can happen on the streets. Chris, next time use a turbod viper in your story,,,now THAT would impress me ;)

It was from JW... :D
Now You yourself Did Not beleave this man... You had to go ask someone Else, Now you want to be his Buddy.... :lmfao: ...
Why is it hard to believe, Cause He is the Only Person Claiming those #'s and saying the car Hooks on Nitto's... Now if you said the car makes less Power it would have been easier for me to understand, Your the One who posted he ran 10's I think He said that was Spinning down the track... Also its posted that he did this switch without retuning the car... How much sense would that make... :eek: ...
So this is what I got... The car is Pig Rich Making no Boost and no Power so it Hooks... :gay: .. Keep running the Car Untuned and be sure you do a Long pull on the Hwy.... :lmfao: .. Then Post the car Blowed Up... :goodjob:

1civic
07-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Just out of shear boredom/curiosity.... what's YOUR shit run?

From a dig?
How does YOUR car hook?
YOUR car runs mid 10's right?
Do you think YOU can out run a GSX-R 1000 from a dig on the street?

Fuck a roll-

Its Slow...
Good
Nope
Not on the Street

Incontt
07-06-2007, 09:57 PM
JW sold you a mismatched converter...you prolly gave him bogus info as that is not his reputation.
I asked him AND his mechanic....i did not believe he hooked while having the exact same power curve as he had with the auto. I do not believe he has that same power curve with the 6 speed so it now seems believeable. I dont want to be Chris' buddy.....they usually wanna borrow money :)

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Its Slow...
Good
Nope
Not on the Street

Surely not
Really? 60' #'s?
c'mon
on the track?

Incontt
07-06-2007, 10:04 PM
lol.....do you want him to tell you what it runs or what the magazines say it runs???!!!

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 10:06 PM
My bad-

1civic
07-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Surely not
Really? 60' #'s?
c'mon
on the track?

Your not new to the Game..... ;)
Look around, Ask a Few People.. Someone may know.... :bannana:

Incontt
07-06-2007, 10:09 PM
maybe Chris has Vtec and didnt tell anyone.

Incontt
07-06-2007, 10:14 PM
NEWSFLASH....i was just informed that the Nittos were NOT the 555R tires but the regular 555 series!!! Had it been the 555r tires, he may have pulled the 1000 while on the back tires for 100'!!!

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Your not new to the Game..... ;)
Look around, Ask a Few People.. Someone may know.... :bannana:

Never raced in my life. I'm a poser YO :goodjob:

Too much work to look around/ask a few people.

Maybe you can show me?

1civic
07-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Never raced in my life. I'm a poser YO :goodjob:

Too much work to look around/ask a few people.

Maybe you can show me?

Don't really care too... I'm around, If you read you know what I do..
Not hard to put 2 n 2 together... ;)

Incontt
07-06-2007, 10:33 PM
i have explained to you how its possible but apparently you dont get it. Try this example....331 sbf....101mm turbo.....3.23 gear....t5 vs a 5000stall auto......which one is easier to hook on the street in the rain ....NOT which is faster on a good tire but which is easier to hook......

1civic
07-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Ok Guys... Its been fun... There is only one way I would win here so I'm out... I'm around all the Time.. ;) .. We can finish in person if you like, Otherwise I'm done... You Guys Win !!.... Later !

Incontt
07-06-2007, 10:41 PM
uh...no Chris won.....that was the point ;)

He is prolly out running tonight...hopefully he will come back with another exciting tale of the Nittos!!!

1civic
07-06-2007, 10:51 PM
uh...no Chris won.....that was the point ;)

He is prolly out running tonight...hopefully he will come back with another exciting tale of the Nittos!!!

And that would be Nice... Something else for me to read... Hopefully its a Busa... :goodjob:

Curmudgeon
07-06-2007, 10:56 PM
hell we all know he is lying....he cant read...."Nitto" and "ET Drag" look the same to Chris!!

LOL! hctib a si aixelsid

Hunter02SS
07-07-2007, 02:08 AM
Damn, Bobby is extremely pissed off that he cannot understand this situation! I just got home and find out he has been posting this thread all over the internet.Damn bobby you really need to get a life and quit worrying about me and what I do.The point is you cannot believe this happened and that is fine.That is your opinion and you are welcome to it.as I stated on ls1 tech ,i am getting my car retuned tommorrow(saturday) and hopefully the tire's will spin in second.i hope to break the 200rwhp mark!!Oh wait i was thinking i owned a civic or a mustang!!All i can tell you bobby is come out and take a look at my car and bring a 1000gsxr with you and let's race.There are plenty of video's I have seen 700+rwhp car's outrunning 1000's and even busa's.Sorry to be posting this late at night or in the am bobby as I know you are probably wetting your diaper's as of now and crying to mommy to change them for you!Go back to sleep and let the adult's play!:2up:

Hunter02SS
07-07-2007, 02:10 AM
And that would be Nice... Something else for me to read... Hopefully its a Busa... :goodjob:

That is just it, Some of us actually do race and tell the story's while other's just sit back and wish they could race and tell story's.Get a life!

Hunter02SS
07-07-2007, 02:16 AM
I don't let my buddy's do all the talking for me. it is just that they know me and my car. Must be real big of you to talk all this shit about me while I am out having dinner with my family! As far as posting all this on other site's you did just fine and was told the same thing.:2up:

Ok you Quoted what I had to say.... :goodjob: .. Did you not Notice that it says it depends on the Tranny.... ;) .. Your right its not they same for ever car or setup... :no:

I could go on and on about this But I'm done...Its Pointless !! :goodjob: .. I'll let you Cheby guys claim your fame over here on IA... But just be sure you don't post your Bullshit on Ls1 Tech or StreetCarForums... If you did, You'd be called out on what you think you know... I already see this Mr Hunter don't have a Clue, He lets his Buddys do all the Tech talk for him... :lmfao: ... :D

slowhawk01
07-07-2007, 03:21 AM
Why is it such a big deal that he out ran a bike and hooked on nittos???? I raced a 2002 R1 in my firehawk and was making around the same power Chris was making and pulled him hard about 75MPH on. It doesn't matter what bike it is its all about the rider. I have raced my R6 at the track ALOT and have to say its all about rider. I cut a second off my time from the first pass to the last pass just from learning how to race the bike down the track. Also people who street race alot know that certain roads and pavements hook better than others. My car hooks fine on 575, but 985 its all over the damn place. Good kill Chris. Maybe Bobby could bring his rattle trap of a mustang out and show everyone how a real race car runs:rolleyes:

Leadfoot_mf
07-07-2007, 07:43 AM
damn chris IA is turning u into a dick. lol

Hunter02SS
07-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Some people just wish they could do what other people do.In stead they like to discredit them and bash them. Oh well,I don't care. I know the truth ,and have no reason to lie about it!:cheers:

crafty
07-07-2007, 09:09 AM
LOL @ what this thread has become.. Look, I know Chris and I know Chris's car VERY WELL.. It is very fast and pulls like a jet when it gets into boost. As far as the 10.7 at the track. That was his very first time at the time with this set up, and he was on Nitto's & stock suspension. He put a adjustable torque arm on the car now (which for those that don't know f-bodies, that makes a Night and Day difference).. So his next track visit should be a good low 10s high 9s day.. And honestly once the boost is cut up on that car, I got $1000 that say no other streetcar/daily driver can touch it from 50-140...

Bobby... look into the light please. I understand that the fastest car you owned ran low 13's. It's cool. Hey if everyone was fast, this site wouldn't be fun. So suck up the pissed offness, and listen to me when I say Chris's car outran a Gixxer 1000. :goodjob:

And :2up: to all the bitch ass haters on this bored..

Hunter02SS
07-07-2007, 09:11 AM
^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^

Incontt
07-07-2007, 10:04 AM
wow...1000 bux huh? Chris turns it up and he may need to run from 80mph and up :)
Chris, hows the retune?
Crafty, low 10s, high 9s at what boost?

crafty
07-07-2007, 10:15 AM
wow...1000 bux huh? Chris turns it up and he may need to run from 80mph and up :)
Chris, hows the retune?
Crafty, low 10s, high 9s at what boost?

I don't think he'll have a problem from a 50ish roll. The car hooks hard now.. and it's got tires now..

I think he could run those times at 12-13psi if he could get the 60fts down to a 1.3-1.4.. I've seen cars that with less hp and around the same weight run those times.. I could be wrong but thats just my guess.

Incontt
07-07-2007, 10:26 AM
based on my own car, i think he can do it....wont be long and we can find out I hope. When you hitting the track Chris?

collins
07-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Ether the guy lied about the bike or your car runs 9's which I'm sure it don't.... :blah:

i'm sorry, but do you drive a civic?

nice kills hunter!

Incontt
07-07-2007, 10:47 AM
I am looking forward to Chris getting his car dialed in on tires and the 6 speed so we can both turn up the boost and run each other at SDR or somewhere. That should be lots of fun....2 fast heavy chevys gettin down!

StupidBikerBoy
07-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Not gonna read all the ignorance in this thread, but in the little I did read DesielNuts pretty much sumed up the truth.
Most (if not all) 10 second cars will beat the average joe on a GSXR1000 AT ALL SPEEDS.

Go to any track at any time and you'll see people running 11's and even 12's on Busa's, which are MUCH easier to drag than any other gixxer. Racing bikes is a whole different world than cars. There are many factors they have that arent as much a factor in a car. I have seen 12 second cars beat 1000's. You just need to know the time.

Now as far as the professional times posted on the first page, a 10.7 car is easily capable of pulling even a rider of that caliber from a roll. And even at low speeds, bacause the 1000's are setup for road race, very powerful, and VERY hard to drag

Trust me, I've been racing bikes for 15 years.

And when it comes to drag racing bikes in my car, unless its slammed and stretched I dont even think twice.:goodjob:

FAHHQUE700
07-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Damn good thread... If you would like to make a video PM me. I have a '06 GSXR 1000 Mods: Yoshi slip on, PC III, Art fender hugger, sprokets -1 (counter) & +2 (rear) and lowered a tad. I live fairly close to you... you can prove that you can beat a 1000. And you don't have to drive too far. PM me if your interested. I might be out tonight? dunno I just got back from vacation, kinda tired...

crafty
07-07-2007, 06:18 PM
We found some issues with Chris's car today on the dyno. So if i were him i'd hold off on that race til those issues are fixed..

Incontt
07-07-2007, 07:36 PM
that sux

crafty
07-07-2007, 09:03 PM
They are semi eazy fixes just takes time..

Hunter02SS
07-08-2007, 12:05 AM
The main problem is i havn't changed out my spark plug's since the engine was built,and running it pig rich killed them today. I could only pull to about 4800 rpm before it would start missfiring. Anyway they will be changed out in the morning.

Hunter02SS
07-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Damn good thread... If you would like to make a video PM me. I have a '06 GSXR 1000 Mods: Yoshi slip on, PC III, Art fender hugger, sprokets -1 (counter) & +2 (rear) and lowered a tad. I live fairly close to you... you can prove that you can beat a 1000. And you don't have to drive too far. PM me if your interested. I might be out tonight? dunno I just got back from vacation, kinda tired...

Sound's good to me!!!!A pm is on the way!:cheers:

NevrNufTorq
07-08-2007, 12:18 AM
I am looking forward to Chris getting his car dialed in on tires and the 6 speed so we can both turn up the boost and run each other at SDR or somewhere. That should be lots of fun....2 fast heavy chevys gettin down!

make sure i get invited to go have some fun as well jerry!! hopefully i wont have to put a beting on anyone wanting to do burnouts in the prking lot near my car throwing up gravel :eek: :blah: :lmfao:

and no offense to you crafty cause i know you know your $hit but hunter will never go 1.3-1.4 60's with a 6 speed. especially on nittos. you get some 15-16" wheels with some et streets maybe, but still tough! ;)

not saying this thing wont stroll out and as a former busa man, i know how well he killed that 1000 with the power he has. my :2cents: as always fellas!

hope all the lil fixes go well!! :goodjob:

Hunter02SS
07-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Hell no it won't do those 60 ft time's,especially with the weight of my car.Especially not on nitto's.I do have some mt's though,but don't plan on using them anytime soon.

make sure i get invited to go have some fun as well jerry!! hopefully i wont have to put a beting on anyone wanting to do burnouts in the prking lot near my car throwing up gravel :eek: :blah: :lmfao:

and no offense to you crafty cause i know you know your $hit but hunter will never go 1.3-1.4 60's with a 6 speed. especially on nittos. you get some 15-16" wheels with some et streets maybe, but still tough! ;)

not saying this thing wont stroll out and as a former busa man, i know how well he killed that 1000 with the power he has. my :2cents: as always fellas!

hope all the lil fixes go well!! :goodjob:

NevrNufTorq
07-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Hell no it won't do those 60 ft time's,especially with the weight of my car.Especially not on nitto's.I do have some mt's though,but don't plan on using them anytime soon.

you impress me once again with your knowledge in every post. reps for you!!

on a side note, with a drag type suspension(don't know what you have) if your front lifts enough on take off, your weight transition in the heavy chassis will help you to run lower 60's since it would be even grater load weight on the rear tires. :goodjob:

Hunter02SS
07-08-2007, 12:38 AM
My car is actually lowered,but i do have some suspension mod's,but not all of it is complete.It seem's to hook pretty good now, but i don't want it to hook extremely well yet. I have the stock 10 bolt and it is screaming at me to take it out. I have a 9in. in the garage I have to get gear's for and it will be going in.

you impress me once again with your knowledge in every post. reps for you!!

on a side note, with a drag type suspension(don't know what you have) if your front lifts enough on take off, your weight transition in the heavy chassis will help you to run lower 60's since it would be even grater load weight on the rear tires. :goodjob:

BUGMAN
07-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I am not taking sides on this but I was in a 02 SS with bolt ons only last night with Nitto's and suspension work on the rear and he couldn't get it to hook even leaving at 1,500 and then hammering it. Still blew the tires off and so we tried it in several ranges. The only time he could get it to "dead hook" somewhat was 1/2 through 2nd and then still hazed a little when he went into 3rd. He was running the NT555R stock engine, manual tranny, dry pavement. I know the factors of tire pressure, rim size, tire size, etc. So don't bother trying to educate me on that issue.

Now I am the last one to call BS on anything because I have seen some weird things happen in my lifetime but if the car was making so low of boost for it to spin in 1st gear and he still out ran a Gixer 1000 then the guy on the bike needs some serious freaking riding lessons and that Camaro had to be feathering that clutch or launching @ 1,200 rpms and patting on it the whole time.

Now argue all you want to but those are simple statements not meant for a flame war by any means. Stupid shit happens but I don't see it in my farthest dream land that anyone with a 10.70 car on Nitto's will never out run a Gixer 1,000 with an experienced rider on it.

Take a 10.70 car and swap tires to Nitto's and tell me what it will run then? I honestly don't know but I am open for some guessing. I would guess mid 11's myself and that's if you could get some traction somewhere through the gears.

Hey Hunter what was your 60 ft on that 10.70 pass and what kind of tires were you running then with that 10 bolt?

I am not being bias and will gladly post this on SCF also.

Chris

EDITED: I see you ran that 10.7 on Nitto's at a well prepped track with a stock 10 inch rear end? You definitely have balls. The tires apparently are working for you better than any I have ever experienced myself but I know several on here that run them impressively.

StupidBikerBoy
07-08-2007, 08:48 AM

Not sure if you meant me or the OP since is was after my post. PM sent...

Incontt
07-08-2007, 08:56 AM
He had an auto when he ran 10.7 Next track outing with the 6 speed should add a little more data to chew on. It will be funny if in the end, the rider was lying and it was a 600 bike ;)

BUGMAN
07-08-2007, 09:10 AM
I am old and senile and can't remember shit but from what I read about his car it should be in the high 9's instead of high 10's. I didn't pay attention to when the auto/stick change was made exactly but all that put together with a 600 bike? Well I have seen it done from a dig, 302 stock bottom with heads and a 125 shot.

I never intentionally try to be a dick on here but it was hard for me to believe someone could drive a Gixer 1000 that shitty.

Hunter next time you go to the track let me know if it is local, I'd like to see your car run. I am not hung on Ford's, I like em all.

Incontt
07-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Nevrnuftorq, I will let you know next time I go at least. Dunno when Hunter is going again. I may try to go friday night to SDR or Steele I still want to get that 9 sec pass at low boost. I can do it with a tick better 60'....just may have to take slicks instead of DRs on a friday night to do it. Best pass at low boost was 10.006-139mph on a 1.58 60' 3940 raceweight. I just added 40# with my boombox/amp/front swaybar. The weight wont much matter but hopefully the swaybar wont hurt much. It just drives SO much better with it attached. maybe i will undo one endlink for the track.

Hunter02SS
07-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Keep in mind bugman that when I ran the 10.70 I was also on nitto's. The way I drive the car on the street is the way i was at the track. I don't expect everybody to believe me ,because when I asked him what size bike it was I was the last person to expect him to say a 1000. But it did happen and I know alot depend's on the rider also.My 60's were I believe1.75 or so range. I don't have the slip in front of me.I never changed tire's. The same nitto's at the track are on for the street.

I am not taking sides on this but I was in a 02 SS with bolt ons only last night with Nitto's and suspension work on the rear and he couldn't get it to hook even leaving at 1,500 and then hammering it. Still blew the tires off and so we tried it in several ranges. The only time he could get it to "dead hook" somewhat was 1/2 through 2nd and then still hazed a little when he went into 3rd. He was running the NT555R stock engine, manual tranny, dry pavement. I know the factors of tire pressure, rim size, tire size, etc. So don't bother trying to educate me on that issue.

Now I am the last one to call BS on anything because I have seen some weird things happen in my lifetime but if the car was making so low of boost for it to spin in 1st gear and he still out ran a Gixer 1000 then the guy on the bike needs some serious freaking riding lessons and that Camaro had to be feathering that clutch or launching @ 1,200 rpms and patting on it the whole time.

Now argue all you want to but those are simple statements not meant for a flame war by any means. Stupid shit happens but I don't see it in my farthest dream land that anyone with a 10.70 car on Nitto's will never out run a Gixer 1,000 with an experienced rider on it.

Take a 10.70 car and swap tires to Nitto's and tell me what it will run then? I honestly don't know but I am open for some guessing. I would guess mid 11's myself and that's if you could get some traction somewhere through the gears.

Hey Hunter what was your 60 ft on that 10.70 pass and what kind of tires were you running then with that 10 bolt?

I am not being bias and will gladly post this on SCF also.

Chris

EDITED: I see you ran that 10.7 on Nitto's at a well prepped track with a stock 10 inch rear end? You definitely have balls. The tires apparently are working for you better than any I have ever experienced myself but I know several on here that run them impressively.

BUGMAN
07-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Hm it is apparent that you didn't read my post very well since I explained that it was very believable being a 600 and the bottom part that you quoted from me explains that I know what tires you were running.

Did ya just feel the need to say something? http://www.streetcarforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hunter02SS
07-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Yes.:boobies:

BUGMAN
07-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Ha Ha I hear ya! :toilet:

I was serious about the track next time you go.

Hunter02SS
07-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Ok,I have to get my 9in installed first. Hopefully by the end of the week that will be done. But I will pm ya and let you know.

1civic
07-08-2007, 02:00 PM
We found some issues with Chris's car today on the dyno. So if i were him i'd hold off on that race til those issues are fixed..

:lmfao: ... Did you really think you could make the change from auto to 6 and not retune.... :blah: .. Or is it something else ?. :lmfao: .. I just now get online and read all the Bullshit after I said I was Done... Go read the Post on SCF, And Don't worry it was post before I logged on here... :goodjob: :...

Incontt
07-08-2007, 02:01 PM
with the auto, the 9" wasnt really a necessity over 1.5x 60' but with the stick, you need it. get ready for more weight....now you see how my turd got to 3980 raceweight and 4050 with the street wheels.
What gear you thinking of?

crafty
07-08-2007, 10:23 PM

He has 15" welds with 325 50 15s M/Ts and thats the set up i was referring to..

crafty
07-08-2007, 10:30 PM
:lmfao: ... Did you really think you could make the change from auto to 6 and not retune.... :blah: .. Or is it something else ?. :lmfao: .. I just now get online and read all the Bullshit after I said I was Done... Go read the Post on SCF, And Don't worry it was post before I logged on here... :goodjob: :...

You need to redirect your words.. I know more about performance cars than you could ever possible remember. WTF would lead you to think that we would retune the car after doing the swap.. We don't do shit like you, we actually buy new parts. We don't build junk yard cars..

FAHHQUE700
07-08-2007, 10:59 PM
You need to redirect your words.. I know more about performance cars than you could ever possible remember. WTF would lead you to think that we would retune the car after doing the swap.. We don't do shit like you, we actually buy new parts. We don't build junk yard cars..

tips tables is probably the only thing that would need adjusting, and with more timing, you can assume with a little timing +/- , fuel could be changed as well. But, drivability wise... The car should be fine... if this was a Manual to Automatic (Electronically controlled) then a retune would defiantly be needed.:cheers:

1civic
07-09-2007, 01:35 AM

Why don't you tell us about what happen on the Dyno... I'm sure something wasn't right.... :rolleyes:

crafty
07-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Why don't you tell us about what happen on the Dyno... I'm sure something wasn't right.... :rolleyes:

The car was breaking up on topend. So Chris put new plugs in it and we havn't gone back yet..

on 3
07-09-2007, 01:23 PM

he still had more power than you ever will:goodjob:

Hunter02SS
07-09-2007, 04:22 PM
What he said^^^^^^^^:cheers: