PDA

View Full Version : Paint questions

tuknaccord
07-03-2007, 11:26 PM
i have 1 gallon of singlestage paint andi wantto paintmy carmy self,i have painted before but someone elsemixed it up for me. how reducer do i addwith my paint and how much hardner doaddwithit as well

koi
07-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Usually single stage is a 3/1/1 ratio.

AnthonyF
07-05-2007, 10:06 AM
are you typing from a phone or something or don't know how to use the space bar?

get some1 else to paint the car. you can't go wrong there

brads94accord
07-05-2007, 10:48 AM
you probably want to learn to type first before you start trying to tackle painting a car.

the can of paint should have the mix ratio on it... it can vary from paint to paint....also it can be a matter of personal preference. I like to add a little bit more reducer so the paint settles flat, you just can't spray it in as heavy of coats or it will run.

i also like to add a little reducer to my clear coat to so its a little thinner and settles better.

rickgiblin
07-05-2007, 09:22 PM
it should say on the can... what kind of paint is it? most usually mix 4-1-1 or 3-1-1

Turbodude06
07-05-2007, 09:44 PM
you probably want to learn to type first before you start trying to tackle painting a car.

the can of paint should have the mix ratio on it... it can vary from paint to paint....also it can be a matter of personal preference. I like to add a little bit more reducer so the paint settles flat, you just can't spray it in as heavy of coats or it will run.

i also like to add a little reducer to my clear coat to so its a little thinner and settles better.

^^^ yea its kind of personal preference, hell my dad's painted over 200 cars and has never even measured it he does it all by eye, but your best bet would be to do what the back of the can says, thats your safest rought at least, good luck....