PDA

View Full Version : Misc Best wings in ATL?

Tinton
07-03-2007, 02:45 AM
What place do you think has the best hot wings in Atlanta?

Whenever I want wings I usually go to a place called Clay's over on Roswell Rd. in Sandy Springs... they usually have really hot wings and they're crispy the way I like them.

Also a bar down in Buckhead has some nice wings....its called McTighes. I swear they have the hottest wings in Atlanta if the right cook is there.

If I ever get the chance Wing Factory on Roswell Rd. down closer to Buckhead has some good Habanero wings. :cheers:

Kyle
07-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Wild Wings FTW.

ilovemyhonda.
07-03-2007, 01:44 PM
taste of chicago..

ShooterMcGavin
07-03-2007, 01:45 PM
used to be this real good place called fowl play cafe a few miles up cobb 41 from barrett. changed ownership at least once so it's slacked a bit since then.

Kyle
07-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Also Wingnuts isnt bad if you're ever downtown towards the varsity. I had it almost every week freshman year.

ShooterMcGavin
07-03-2007, 01:50 PM
mmmm wingnuts....they have way better chicken fingers though than chicken wings :yes:

Tinton
07-03-2007, 01:57 PM
I've been to wild wings but not these other places. They serve really hot wings? I don't go for the weak shit they have at like 3 Dollar Cafe or whatever.

Kyle
07-03-2007, 01:57 PM
mmmm wingnuts....they have way better chicken fingers though than chicken wings :yes:
Yeah the boneless wings are great, everything else is okay.

ep9716
07-03-2007, 02:08 PM
For Real...I Been To Like Some Wing Shops But They Suck.

Kyle
07-03-2007, 02:09 PM
For Real...I Been To Like Some Wing Shops But They Suck.
That was profound. Tell us more.

VooDooXII
07-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Also Wingnuts isnt bad if you're ever downtown towards the varsity. I had it almost every week freshman year.

Hell yea. I like Wing Zone too...Wingnuts got expensive.

Kyle
07-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Agreeed. Free half pound on wednesday FTW.

VooDooXII
07-03-2007, 02:26 PM
That shit was tricky. Wingnuts does their prices by the pound...and I'm really bad at scaling how much a pound of wings is.

Kyle
07-03-2007, 02:29 PM
That shit was tricky. Wingnuts does their prices by the pound...and I'm really bad at scaling how much a pound of wings is.
Lol. Why is it tricky? You spend $10 you get a free half pound. I just got 3/4 pound boneless and enough celery and ranch dressing to make it $10.

But it does get expensive so I finally started doing arbys but then they changed the 4 for $5, so then I went to Moes. Being a cheap college student FTL.

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Wing Ranch over here in L'ville w00t w00t !

DieselNuts
07-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Wild Wings FTW.
+1 Im actually going there tonight. I go damn near every tuesday. They do "two for twosday". 2 orders of 8 wings for $5.99. Cant beat it. Other than that, I ate some wings in Athens @ Blind Pig Tavern. They were by far the hottest wings I have ever eaten, but they had a good flavor to them....so I cryed like a little bitch while I finished them off....

Kyle
07-03-2007, 02:38 PM
+1 Im actually going there tonight. I go damn near every tuesday. They do "two for twosday". 2 orders of 8 wings for $5.99. Cant beat it. Other than that, I ate some wings in Athens @ Blind Pig Tavern. They were by far the hottest wings I have ever eaten, but they had a good flavor to them....so I cryed like a little bitch while I finished them off....
I've never done that, I'll try that. What day are the 40 cent wings, wednesday?

DieselNuts
07-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I've never done that, I'll try that. What day are the 40 cent wings, wednesday?
I didnt know about that one. I'll ask tonight if I can remember. It comes out to about the same price as the two for twosday though.

Total_Blender
07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Wild Wing has buffet on Monday nights. The downside is they usually only have 4 flavors and they are never the rally hot flavors. Wild Wing also does 2 for Tuesday and its fun to go with a big group and get a bunch different flavors of wings so you can trade etc. The thing that sucks about WW is that their booze is friggin expensive. Normally we eat there and drink somewhere else.

Buffalos has an "all you can eat" wing night too, and you can order as much wings as you want and its not a buffet, so they are fresh cooked and the server brings them to you. You can get aa many flavors as you want too, as long as you get 5 of that flavor. And $2.99 pitchers of Coors last time I was there.

Amici here in athens has $0.35 wing night on Wednesdays. $1.00 drafts too. The wings are pretty good and usually faster out of the kitchen than Wild Wing.

I like WingNuts, but their wings aren't quite hot enough for me. I really love the Thai Peanut wings though, and the cajun fries. Normally I put the cajun fries in the oven and let them crisp up a bit before they are fit to eat though. Their delivery is really fast too, at least in Athens.:goodjob:

Kyle
07-03-2007, 03:37 PM
They changed it to 40 cent wings I'm pretty sure.

HalfBaked
07-03-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't really like wings that much, but the Wings where I work (Highlands Grill) in Kennesaw are pretty badass.

ShaneSTi
07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Benchwarmers off of Rock Quarry Rd in Stockbridge FTW.;)

i4_garage
07-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Cafe Hot Wings down south on Tara BLvd. Go on tuesday and Thursday, Half off second order of watever. VERY GOOD WINGS

keevo54
07-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Taco Mac

Julio
07-03-2007, 05:51 PM
There is this little wing joint of convington hwy in decatur, right next to the Racetrac...
Do not look at the people making the wings, they are nast as fuck..

But the wings are damn good...

lol

Bballjamal
07-03-2007, 05:57 PM
LT's Wings off of Cascade Rd. and I-285........

/thread

sullen
07-03-2007, 05:59 PM
go north on cobb pkwy from barrett, when you come to the top of the hill where kenn due west is on left, summer st is on right, theres a shopping center on the right, kinda in a hole. anyways, go in there and go to the bar and grille place. cant remember the name. good wings, pretty waitresses in tight pants. i think its like old town cafe or soemthing.

sullen
07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
where in Kenn are you baked?

HalfBaked
07-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I live off Frey Rd.

And yea, you're talking about Olde Towne, I know some people who work there.

sullen
07-03-2007, 06:09 PM
oh shit man, frey rd. you ever see a red '02 civic turbo w/ evo2 exhaust over there at busbee?

HalfBaked
07-03-2007, 06:10 PM
oh shit man, frey rd. you ever see a red '02 civic turbo w/ evo2 exhaust over there at busbee?
Probably, but don't really care.

ShooterMcGavin
07-03-2007, 06:26 PM
dude what're u talkin about, wingzone is by far THE most expensive wings place ever.

ShooterMcGavin
07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Probably, but don't really care.

lol ruthless :lmao:

Tinton
07-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Ehhh Wingzone has really weak wings too...I usually go for their nuclear wings or whatever, and I end up having to put habanero sauce on them. Same with Buffalos and Taco Mac.

Also, the wings at Sidelines are weak too....

VooDooXII
07-03-2007, 10:38 PM
dude what're u talkin about, wingzone is by far THE most expensive wings place ever.

Hmm...well I don't know many wing places, so maybe I don't know any better.

Wingnuts always seemed more expensive. We always bought $20.00+ though.

Ehhh Wingzone has really weak wings too...I usually go for their nuclear wings or whatever, and I end up having to put habanero sauce on them.

You must like them HOT.

DieselNuts
07-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I talked to some friends about .40 cent wing night at Wild Wing and they had never heard of it. I've got a friend that works there, so I'll have to ask her.

lxpaulxl
07-04-2007, 11:30 AM
My friend owns a billiards down in Sandy Springs, its called Sandy Springs billiards and they make pretty damn good wings.

Tinton
07-04-2007, 01:38 PM
My friend owns a billiards down in Sandy Springs, its called Sandy Springs billiards and they make pretty damn good wings.

You know that dude? I met him 1 day after a day of playing pool with a friend. Supposedly he was into cars and he made a shitload of money off of stuff like dealing cars and whatever. Same guy?

Maniaç
07-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Anyone know any good spots around gwinnett? i feel like eating some.. lol.

Kyle
07-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone know any good spots around gwinnett? i feel like eating some.. lol.
Hooters. Oh and I saw Nitros car at this place called "Cafe All In" on Buford Highway and he said thats his wing spot. IDK if its good ask him.

sleepys4
07-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Taco Mac and lt's like bballjamal said.

Maniaç
07-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Hooters. Oh and I saw Nitros car at this place called "Cafe All In" on Buford Highway and he said thats his wing spot. IDK if its good ask him.lol, yeah ill ask him. thanks

Tinton
07-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Ewwww, who goes to Hooters for wings?

The little Mexican shops around here make better wings than them. Places like Austell Wings, Marietta Wings, or just little shops called "Hot Wings" (there's a couple over here) make such better wings than you could ever get at Hooters or Taco Mac...

DieselNuts
07-05-2007, 09:42 AM
The little Mexican shops around here make better wings than them. Places like Austell Wings, Marietta Wings, or just little shops called "Hot Wings" (there's a couple over here) make such better wings than you could ever get at Hooters or Taco Mac...
yeah, but its the independent shops like that that have rat traps in the back big enough to kill small dogs. Their health ratings are usually in the mid to low 80s while Im willing to bet Hooters' is in the upper 90s...

Tinton
07-05-2007, 03:53 PM
yeah, but its the independent shops like that that have rat traps in the back big enough to kill small dogs. Their health ratings are usually in the mid to low 80s while Im willing to bet Hooters' is in the upper 90s...

Must be the rats that add to the delicious flavor then....heh...

I've never gotten sick eating at places like those. I'd rather eat something that tastes good than the stuff at Hooters IMO.

DieselNuts
07-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Must be the rats that add to the delicious flavor then....heh...
you might be on to something there :cheers:

Kyle
07-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Ewwww, who goes to Hooters for wings?

I dont go to Hooters for wings. But who isnt satisfied after they leave Hooters. Good wings or not.

Total_Blender
07-05-2007, 10:50 PM

Yeah, at least Hooters leaves on the end bones so you know its chicken:lmfao:

I think their wings are OK though. I like the breading. I know most people don't. I wouldn't eat any of their other food though. My dad got a sandwich there and he said it was pretty terribile.

VooDooXII
07-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I dont go to Hooters for wings. But who isnt satisfied after they leave Hooters. Good wings or not.

Ugh...Hooters wings :no:

They make it very clear that that place is not about the food.

redgst97
07-06-2007, 04:01 PM
I went to college in Buffla, NY....my apartment was about 2 miles from the original Anchor Bar....the originator of the Buffalo Wing.... My roommate and I got to know the bartender there pretty well. $20 would get me 20 wings, and all the Red Dog I could drink. The $20 included a $10 tip for my buddy! Nothing in the area ( that I have found) even comes close. Most of the restaurants around here serve the same size wings (for $6-$7 for 10) that I used to sell at my bar for $0.25 each.

Hooters = cold food and warm beer. No thanks.

Breading is for chicken parmesean, not wings.

Stormhammer
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Hmm, Beef'O'Brady's is alright for normal mild/medium/hot wings. Then you got Wild Wings.

DemonEyez
07-09-2007, 06:50 PM
back in pittsburgh.. best place for wings was quaker steak..

they opened one up at arbor place mall in douglasville and ive been there a few times the wings are good and meaty but they dont have all the flavors yet.

They got nearly all the essential ones tho except for lemon pepper which im trying to get them to add that and lemon pepper fries..

and on tuesdays they have 8.99 unlimited wings starting at 4 i believe.

RachelsStang
07-09-2007, 06:54 PM
'Ol Towne, Kennesaw, 41N, just pass chastain rd

RachelsStang
07-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Ugh...Hooters wings :no:

They make it very clear that that place is not about the food.

hell, even the hooters girls these days arent worth lookn at....and the wings are crap

OTG Signs
07-09-2007, 07:06 PM
hell, even the hooters girls these days arent worth lookn at....and the wings are crap

You drinkin tonight honey?

RachelsStang
07-09-2007, 07:08 PM
You drinkin tonight honey?

hey sweeeeettttyyyy!!! This is my Friday night, im off Tues/wed, so, yup, im relaxing with a bottle of wine, 'bout to make some steak, and chill on the coach!! :) half naked! ;) I mean baked!

OTG Signs
07-09-2007, 07:09 PM
hey sweeeeettttyyyy!!! This is my Friday night, im off Tues/wed, so, yup, im relaxing with a bottle of wine, 'bout to make some steak, and chill on the coach!! :) half naked! ;) I mean baked!

I know what that looks like. ;)

PM on it's way.

RachelsStang
07-09-2007, 07:10 PM
I know what that looks like. ;)

PM on it's way.

;)

Congogrey
07-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings in Alpharetta is where I go for good wings. Off of Mansell next to Atlantic Seafood Company.:goodjob:

OTG Signs
07-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings in Alpharetta is where I go for good wings. Off of Mansell next to Atlantic Seafood Company.:goodjob:

Great variety for sure. I get their tenders smothered in various sauces. Cold beer too!