PDA

View Full Version : GSR seat swap question...

Papa_Smurf
07-02-2007, 10:44 PM
alright guys, i'm stuck in a pickle here and i need yall's help...

My Si seats = shit and really need to be upgraded. I've found an insane deal on sum black gsr seats, and i realy want them. only problem is, they dont come with the female end of the seat belt (i.e. that part that the actual seat belt itself goes into). I planned on swapping the seat pans and rails, because i figured this is a sure fire way to make the seats fit. From everythig that i've been told, the female end of the seat belt is part of the seat itself, not the rail or the pan. i haven't had a time to take a seat out to see for myself either. So my question is, after i swap the rails and the seat pan, and if the female end of the seat belt is connected to the seat itself, is there anyway i can somehow put it on the new seat?

I just thought i'd ask because i noticed that sum EF's at the meet had integra seats and was wondering how they did the seat swap. I thought that different male end seat belts would only fit with their female counter part :thinking:. this whole thing has got me confused, and i'm not sure what to do. It's such a great deal that i'd hate to let go.

Here's what i mean if you dont understand my terminology :screwy:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/pizzaface01/DSCF4051EDIT.jpg

dont laugh at my artwork :lmfao:. But in all seriousness, i need sum one to steer me in the right direction.

EF Squad, dont let me down :goodjob:

Papa_Smurf
07-03-2007, 10:36 AM
grrrr c'mon guys, sum chime in with sum helpful info!

KevinT707
07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
.. I was too lazy to read your essay but I think I get what you're saying. Just do some customizing & mount the Female from your Si seats now, to the GSR seats so that you're MALE can snap in.

That's how my seats are & I have aftermarket seats.

Papa_Smurf
07-03-2007, 10:51 AM
i'm guessing thats not too hard to do...

StraightSix
07-03-2007, 11:15 AM
You might be able to use your original seat pans on the bottom of the GSR seats.

That's basically what I did to get the '89 Si seats in my '90. There was some hardware and stuff that had to swapped over, so that everything would work. I had to transfer the '90 seat back rake aadjuster over to the '89 seat back.

I read somewhere that Honda uses the same basic seat pan in all thier seats. In fact, I may have read that on here about a S2000 seat swap into an EF, or EG. Try searching here, and/or on Honda-tech to find the thread I'm thinking of.

Papa_Smurf
07-03-2007, 11:19 AM
i mean, fitting the seats into the car is no problem i hope.

my problem is that the seats i'm getting have no female end for the seat belt.

Papa_Smurf
07-03-2007, 02:30 PM
okay well i've got sum good pics of the seat.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/pizzaface01/DSC01260.jpg

the guy said that the female end of the seat belt is held onto the seat by a few 14mm bolts, so i'm hoping that's how the EF seats are too...if thats how they go on than great, if not the i'm SOL.

anyone know for sure how the female end of the EF seat is held on?

StraightSix
07-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I didn't really look when I did my seat swap. But, I'd be willing to bet that if te whole EF rail from the inboard side will bolt to the GSR pan, your problem will be solved.

Whiteboy™
07-03-2007, 09:59 PM
I didn't really look when I did my seat swap. But, I'd be willing to bet that if te whole EF rail from the inboard side will bolt to the GSR pan, your problem will be solved.

he is most likely correct.

Papa_Smurf
07-03-2007, 10:54 PM

yea, i'm sure that is the case, but i still need a female end of the seat belt, lol. ik if i swap the rails/pans then the seats will fit. The female end of the seat belt on the EF seat is on the seat itself, not on the rail or the pan... so i'm guessing i can just take it off of the EF seat and put it on the integra seat...

StraightSix
07-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Heh, I wasn't explaining things very well, but I just had an epiphany.

Anyway, the part you'll have to swap from your EF seat to the GSR seat is that inboard hinge part. It unbolts from the seat back and side of the seat pan. You'll have to undo some of the upholstery from the seat back to get at the two, or maybe three, bolts that go up the side of the seat back.

I apologize for the confusion.

Papa_Smurf
07-04-2007, 11:39 AM
yea... yea you just caused more confusion. lol :thinking:

i think i'm just going to take a look @ my seats today, look at the female end of the seat belt and look @ the holes in it and see if they look the same as the GSR seats

AnTi-PooN
07-04-2007, 10:34 PM
duct tape a buckle to the side lol. j/k is the buckle not mounted to those seats???? use ur old seatbelts

Papa_Smurf
07-05-2007, 12:08 AM
yea, i went ahead and picked up the gsr seats today. They look amazing. Got em for $100 too. I think thats a deal, considering it's hard to find a nice set of black gsr seats, it was for me anyways.

But yea, the buckle is mounted to the seat on the teg seat too, so it looks like that problem is solved, but now i need to know how they're going to fit.

Just swap out the seat pan and rails and they should fit, correct?

StraightSix
07-05-2007, 09:56 AM
That should be all you have to do. I compared the original seats from my car with the '89 Si seats before I started doing much.

Pay close attention to the shape of the GSR pan and note any similarities. Then, work kind of slowly on the first one and pay attention to the way that things are put together and what not. The first one may take awhile, then the second one will take about half the time as the first.

AnTi-PooN
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM
dont forget to put some pics up when ur done i bet those will look sick

Papa_Smurf
07-05-2007, 11:15 AM
well, they're DC seats. I've found nothing on integra DC seat swaps into EF's other than this " it sucks when u change ur seats to integra seats by switching out the pans, because the integra seat ends up sitting WWWWAAAAAAAYYYY reclined when its supposed to be in correct upright position though, and i think the only way to fix it is if u cut your recliner bracket and re-weld it at a better angle"

Straightsix, is that what you were talking about when you said cut into something or something?

this looks like it's going to be alot more work than i had origionally predicted.

Papa_Smurf
07-07-2007, 10:38 PM
got the seats in tonight and they look nice as fuuuuck. Didn't get a chance to take any pics because i was too busy driving in them. :D so comfortable.

Anyway, i took out a seat tonight to get a little insight into how much work this project was going to be. I didn't swap the pan or the rails, just stuck the GSR seats in the car and 3 out of 4 bolts bolted up. and then i just made the 4th hole fit. Not too much work at all.

I'll get sum pics up as soon as i take sum.

StraightSix
07-07-2007, 11:20 PM
What I was referring to was the brackets on the sides of the seat. On the inboard side, The part that pivots is bolted to the side of the seat pan and to the side of the seat back. The bolts are hidden under a plastic cover for the pan bolts and under the upholstery for the seat back.

But, if you got them to fit without having to take the seat apart, then that''l work too!

Papa_Smurf
07-07-2007, 11:29 PM
yea, i got them to work, so w/e. they look good too. Oh yea, and the seat belt buckle just came off of my Si seats and bolted right onto the gsr seat. I forgot how much shit interchanges with hondas :rolleyes:

my dads driver seat has a little rip in it, and when i got home her was taking apart my really nice passenger Si seat and is putting the back on the driver seat. old man taking all of my stuff :no:

Whiteboy™
07-08-2007, 09:44 AM
hahaha, good to hear