PDA

View Full Version : Misc Fat Joe's "Make It Rain" helps him go PLATINUM!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
07-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Rapper Fat Joe is the latest artist to enjoy the popularity of ringtones for your cellphone.

The rapper, his Terror Squad Entertainment and Imperial Records announced Tuesday (June 26) that the ringtone for his hit single, "Make It Rain," has been RIAA certified platinum with over 1 million sold.

The platinum single is from Fat Joe's most recent album, Me, Myself and I. According to Imperial Records, it's one of the most successful albums they have released since re-launching as EMI Music's independent urban label division in 2006.

"Make It Rain" was also Imperial's first Top 10 single in more than 40 years on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Chart, peaking at no. 6. The album reached no. 3 on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Album Chart and debuted at no. 14 on the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart.

"Fat Joe and Terror Squad Entertainment have been great to work with and are a prime example of what we can bring to a project," said Neil Levine, Imperial Records Senior VP/GM. "We bring the same pioneering spirit and dedication to quality music as the original Imperial, but with expertise and resources right for independent urban artists today.

"We have the advantage of being super-focused on finding and developing the most exciting music in the clubs and the streets, but also have access to major label resources. It's a great combination for our artists," he continued.

Later, QD.