PDA

View Full Version : ATL northside shop that works on 240's?

Black R
06-30-2007, 12:35 AM
I have tein tie rods to replace the rotted out stockers - also need new steering rack boots and an alignment.

I also need to have AC installed since the previous owner uninstalled it.

So..... what shop would you recommend on the northside of ATL?

Vteckidd
06-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Ken go to GRAN TURISMO EAST for the TEIN an alignement, youll be very happy.

tell Keiran that MIKE FROM BATLGROUND SENT YOU!

Black R
07-01-2007, 01:05 AM
yeah but what about AC? dammit mike!

Tinton
07-01-2007, 02:11 AM
Ken go to GRAN TURISMO EAST for the TEIN an alignement, youll be very happy.

tell Keiran that MIKE FROM BATLGROUND SENT YOU!

Ehhh I've been by Gran Turismo East. The roads over there are so bad you'll lose the alignment by the time you make it back to the highway.

There's a 240/MR2 shop (that's all they work on IIRC...) over here in Marietta. I forget the name of it but its at the intersection of South Marietta Pkwy and Cobb Pkwy (across from Southern Polytech). Like on the NW side of the intersection on top of a hill. They can probably do the A/C and stuff.

IDriveToast
07-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Ehhh I've been by Gran Turismo East. The roads over there are so bad you'll lose the alignment by the time you make it back to the highway.

There's a 240/MR2 shop (that's all they work on IIRC...) over here in Marietta. I forget the name of it but its at the intersection of South Marietta Pkwy and Cobb Pkwy (across from Southern Polytech). Like on the NW side of the intersection on top of a hill. They can probably do the A/C and stuff.

They can't do A/C and they can't do alignment. But they'll install the tie rods for you.

Goodluck getting anyone there to work on your car tho lol. May take them a week to install it.

Gran Turismo is your best bet for the suspension.

dorin48
07-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Well the name of the marietta shop is Tora Racing. I dont really know anything about them though.

sullen
07-01-2007, 04:07 PM
from what i've heard about them, they aren't that good. both of my friends have had work done by them. both of them said the shop takes a long time. as for the install, looks pretty normal. nothing out of the ordinarry. except 1 coilover bolt to the inner fender was stripped by a impact gun. the nut almost came off when we got it home... shit was just kinda hanging on the top. threads inside the nut were too far gone.

240racer
07-01-2007, 08:02 PM
They can't do A/C and they can't do alignment. But they'll install the tie rods for you.

Goodluck getting anyone there to work on your car tho lol. May take them a week to install it.

Gran Turismo is your best bet for the suspension. grand turismo:goodjob:

Tracy
07-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Gran Turismo has does all of our alignments for about 11 years now. They have been in business for 30+ years and know what they are doing. The roads aren't bad, although it is in Chambodia. Kieren will do you right.

DinanM3atl
07-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Tein Installation and Alignment go to Dean at America's Best in Alpharetta.

It is the ONLY place in Atlanta area to take your car to if you want a real alignment. Dean will set it up how you want it. Lots of stick. Lots of tire wear. Whatever you want he will do it.

Ferrari of Atlanta trust his alignments and he used to do suspension/chassis prep for Le Mans team. There is no better in Atlanta.

There will be no shortage of BMW club racers and street cars there because the BMW owners know where to go!

http://www.americasbestautomotive.com/

DinanM3atl
07-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Oh and the roads are not bad :)

slowrolla97
07-04-2007, 01:36 AM
I will install everything for you for 50 bucks