PDA

View Full Version : so i just played with the iphone....

gtikid
06-29-2007, 04:18 PM
and it is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wasn't too big of a fan of the phone but omg i just played with one and it is amazing :D the color on the thing is out of this world and it works flawlessly!!!

:D

BiH1320
06-29-2007, 04:22 PM
congrats!

Hektik
06-29-2007, 04:22 PM
so when u getting me one..lol.seriously though..

gtikid
06-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Psh fuck that, thing is stil waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive for my blood haha. They even have their own plans for the phone :eek:

HeLLo iM iZzY
06-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Your avatar is stilll fucked up. Its been like a year since that happened, lol.
But anyways, fuck that phone. Its expensive as shit right now.

2.0civic
06-29-2007, 04:39 PM
traitor!! LIRL

gtikid
06-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Your avatar is stilll fucked up. Its been like a year since that happened, lol.
But anyways, fuck that phone. Its expensive as shit right now.

:lmfao: I thought I was the only one who had noticed :lmfao:

Eh maybe one day i'll change it :D

Play with it and you'll want one, it's sick...but waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive

gtikid
06-29-2007, 04:45 PM
traitor!! LIRL

:lmfao: Just b/c I get to keep allllllllllll the commission from these phones, and you authorized agents don't :D :lmfao:

All we're doing is ringing them out, we're like cashiers. We don't shit else :D

Hektik
06-29-2007, 05:16 PM
:lmfao: Just b/c I get to keep allllllllllll the commission from these phones, and you authorized agents don't :D :lmfao:

All we're doing is ringing them out, we're like cashiers. We don't shit else :D

you dont shit else...wtf..you airing all ur business on the net for.hahaha

Lucky DAWG
06-29-2007, 05:18 PM
u work for cingular / AT&T?

Kevykev
06-29-2007, 05:18 PM
I like the music that they play in the commercial

Lucky DAWG
06-29-2007, 05:27 PM
I like the music that they play in the commercial

my foot was tapping

Tracy
06-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Rub it in in chnco's thread.

JDMJAYDC2
06-29-2007, 05:33 PM
they went on sale about 30 mins ago so im sure they are selling like hot wings in the hood!

OneSlow5pt0
06-29-2007, 05:35 PM
they went on sale about 30 mins ago so im sure they are selling like hot wings in the hood!

or red kool-aid

sleepys4
06-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Price?

Kevykev
06-29-2007, 05:40 PM
wonder if those guys waiting got some lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-i-phone-8gb-8gb-gig-cell-cingular-At-t_W0QQitemZ120137268673QQihZ002QQcategoryZ64355QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sleepys4
06-29-2007, 05:52 PM
$1200 these fools have lost there mind.

JDMJAYDC2
06-29-2007, 05:56 PM
if i had the cash i would have bought one then flipped it on ebay prices are 499 for the 4gb and 599 for the 6gb most of the plans come with unlimited data transfer that means free internet ppl!! this phone is def the shit but the second version will be better i will wait till then like i did with my razr

The Ninja
06-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Lol, I played with it. It doesn't do anything spectacular. The screen res sucks. There are plenty of smart phones out there that do everything the "iPhone" does without making such a dent in your pocket. That res really kills it for the web browsing. And thent he web browsing... oh man the web browsing... LMFAO. Not even 3g. The web browsing on the iPhone disgusts me. It is slower than 56k. It looks good, no lie. The UI is amazing, no lie. Real talk, if I was rich as shit and not such a geek, or if I were the average consumer and not so tech savvy with +-$500 burning a hole in my pocket, I'd cop it. Otherwise, my n800 + SLVR combo works very well for me. My n800 does everything the iPhone does better, and does more. Except for network calls. I don't mind that, the n800 isn't a "phone", its an Internet Tablet. Its the child of a UMPC+iPhone+Laptop. The screen is one of the best in the handheld market, with a dazzling 800x480. 3g Support, removable memoryx2. I have more storage than the iPhone in 1 of my SD cards. My n800 also replaced my ipod, plays music flawlessly.

Another thing, Apple's iphone is just that. APPLE's iPhone. Which means no outside support for video/audio, also no streaming video. Closed source, money making machine. And this machine is very well lubed, because some people are gonna get reamed when they buy it. Kudos to Apple, I honestly wanted one after I watched a few videos on the site. Then I started making side by side comparison to Nokia's n800, and I realized I have the niche in my pocket. I don't mind not jumping on the slower bandwagon.

My advice, don't buy an iPhone.

gtikid
06-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Lol, I played with it. It doesn't do anything spectacular. The screen res sucks. There are plenty of smart phones out there that do everything the "iPhone" does without making such a dent in your pocket. That res really kills it for the web browsing. And thent he web browsing... oh man the web browsing... LMFAO. Not even 3g. The web browsing on the iPhone disgusts me. It is slower than 56k. It looks good, no lie. The UI is amazing, no lie. Real talk, if I was rich as shit and not such a geek, or if I were the average consumer and not so tech savvy with +-$500 burning a hole in my pocket, I'd cop it. Otherwise, my n800 + SLVR combo works very well for me. My n800 does everything the iPhone does better, and does more. Except for network calls. I don't mind that, the n800 isn't a "phone", its an Internet Tablet. Its the child of a UMPC+iPhone+Laptop. The screen is one of the best in the handheld market, with a dazzling 800x480. 3g Support, removable memoryx2. I have more storage than the iPhone in 1 of my SD cards. My n800 also replaced my ipod, plays music flawlessly.

Another thing, Apple's iphone is just that. APPLE's iPhone. Which means no outside support for video/audio, also no streaming video. Closed source, money making machine. And this machine is very well lubed, because some people are gonna get reamed when they buy it. Kudos to Apple, I honestly wanted one after I watched a few videos on the site. Then I started making side by side comparison to Nokia's n800, and I realized I have the niche in my pocket. I don't mind not jumping on the slower bandwagon.

My advice, don't buy an iPhone.

:lmfao:

Sounds like someone is mad that they can't afford it :lmfao: The screen resolution on that thing is AMAZING. Way better than any portable DVD i've EVER seen and looks better than watching a damn movie on your laptop. The only phone you can watch youtube on. Yea it doesn't have 3g, but AT&T has invested 50 billion dollars to improve EDGE to make it faster than it was before. Don't bash it b/c you can't afford it. I was skeptical about the phone too and didn't think it was gonna live up to the hype. It KILLED the hype and went above and beyond it.

We opened our doors at 6pm just to sell this phone, and we had 100 units in our store. By 730, they were ALL GONE. We didn't have one left :tongue1:

gtikid
06-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Now do I think it's the best phone, no. I would probably still take an 8525 over an Iphone. But it's a sweet ass phone that makes you fall in love with it right away. It's almost worth the money...

Especially with all the little small features, like sliding your finger across the screen to scroll through music and pictures. It's definitely fun :goodjob:

osnap
06-29-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm posting from mine as we speak :) and holy shit do I love it!

gtikid
06-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Did you buy it from the store off P. Hill?

osnap
06-29-2007, 07:00 PM
no, hiram. Web browsing kicks ass but I'm not gonna lie, its not the best foe forum posting, cause of all the small txt. Honestly though, imin love withthis phone!

gtikid
06-29-2007, 07:02 PM
But remember that the phone does have the zoom in feature. What's your name on Ebay? I've seen a few for sale on there locally....

QX56tech
06-29-2007, 07:10 PM
its a phone people

gtikid
06-29-2007, 07:23 PM
its a phone people

Yea that's already been established. That's why it's called the IPHONE ;)

The Ninja
06-29-2007, 07:44 PM
BWUAHAHAHAAH! I can't afford it? Not. I can afford it. The screen res sucks, in person. Something like 320x480? My n800 is 800x480. My n800 isn't technically is "phone" but I can make calls and browse the net on it. I can watch Youtube videos. Can you stream media on that iPhone? Hype is what sells most products for the first 2-3 weeks. After that its the actual product that sells itself. EDGE is cool, but not 3G speeds. Got any removable storage? What? Only 6GB? I have 8GB on 1 SD card, lol.

The Ninja
06-29-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm not really trying to bash it, just bring some people down to reality. I guess I only refer to the n800 because I am biased towards it. I just signed up for a phone service for my n800 just so I can show up my friend with his iPhone. I payed $10 and I got 500 minutes that don't expire. I can also IM/txt people with gmail accounts, and my voicemails (if people called me on my n800) would be forwarded to my gmail account.

On_Her_Face
06-29-2007, 08:26 PM
the chick im dating just got one and its pretty damn tight but i'd rather pay for a nice phone for 200 bucks and 400 for the 80 gig ipod video

gtikid
06-29-2007, 10:32 PM
BWUAHAHAHAAH! I can't afford it? Not. I can afford it. The screen res sucks, in person. Something like 320x480? My n800 is 800x480. My n800 isn't technically is "phone" but I can make calls and browse the net on it. I can watch Youtube videos. Can you stream media on that iPhone? Hype is what sells most products for the first 2-3 weeks. After that its the actual product that sells itself. EDGE is cool, but not 3G speeds. Got any removable storage? What? Only 6GB? I have 8GB on 1 SD card, lol.

No no no the screen resolution on the thing is awesome. Everything looks so crisp and clear on it.

I agree, it's not worth the $500 or the $600 dollars. I would pay pay $300 and MAYBE $350. And not having 3G totally kills the phone, supposedly they're gonna release the 3G version in December, who knows. But it still is a pretty sick ass phone and it'll definitely make you fall in love with it and say "wow that's neat" or something along those lines. It's also gonna make me receive a big commission check, so i'll sell the shit out of it for that :D

osnap
06-29-2007, 11:20 PM
the resolution is fucking gorgeous on the phone, so really i have no idea where you're getting that idea. and yes, actually you can stream youtube videos, they have their own dedicated app which is lightning fast and very smooth. lack of 3G is annoying, but honestly, most places i go have wi-fi, and EDGE had a huge sudden mysterious boost in speed last night... hmmmmmm. lol. And no, its no 6 gigs. Its 8. No removable storage is annoying but certainly not a deal breaker. I dont need my whole library on my phone, and for a phone 8gigs is damn capacious.

psychodrama_81
06-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Why do you need all of that crap on a phone anyways? Thats what a PSP is for. Hell, you can do pretty much the same thing with an iPod except call people....

gtikid
06-29-2007, 11:40 PM
the resolution is fucking gorgeous on the phone, so really i have no idea where you're getting that idea. and yes, actually you can stream youtube videos, they have their own dedicated app which is lightning fast and very smooth. lack of 3G is annoying, but honestly, most places i go have wi-fi, and EDGE had a huge sudden mysterious boost in speed last night... hmmmmmm. lol. And no, its no 6 gigs. Its 8. No removable storage is annoying but certainly not a deal breaker. I dont need my whole library on my phone, and for a phone 8gigs is damn capacious.

Like I said before, AT&T invested 50 billion....lemme say it again...50 BILLION dollars on their EDGE network just for the Iphone so that it could work faster :goodjob: And seriously, with 8 gigs of storage, why would you even need more? :thinking:

Thank you for re-affirming my opinion of the resolution. It's always better to hear it from a customer than from the salesperson :D :goodjob:

gtikid
06-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Why do you need all of that crap on a phone anyways? Thats what a PSP is for. Hell, you can do pretty much the same thing with an iPod except call people....

That's the whole point. Instead of carrying around an iPod AND and phone, you just have to carry around one device now :goodjob:

If you haven't noticed, every phone that comes out now has MP3 playing capabilities...

psychodrama_81
06-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Well yeah, but I still think it is too much of a hassle....I'm happy with my Kyocera Strobe.

The Ninja
06-30-2007, 11:10 AM
iPhone doesn't play mp3s... plays aac, and can't even use music as a ringtone.

man
06-30-2007, 11:50 AM
That's the whole point. Instead of carrying around an iPod AND and phone, you just have to carry around one device now :goodjob:

If you haven't noticed, every phone that comes out now has MP3 playing capabilities...

If every phone has mp3 playing now, why buy the iPhone?

Djlin
06-30-2007, 11:56 AM
i just made 200$ off the iphone on ebay waiting 20 minutes in line yesterday =]

gtikid
06-30-2007, 03:56 PM
iPhone doesn't play mp3s... plays aac, and can't even use music as a ringtone.

Does your Ipod not play MP3's either? :rolleyes:

gtikid
06-30-2007, 03:56 PM
If every phone has mp3 playing now, why buy the iPhone?

If any car can get you from point A to point B, why buy an rx-7?

The Ninja
07-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Not talking about the ipod, talkig about the iphone. And youtube are the only videos u can stream. And thata far from excluaive to the iphone. Ever heard of movile youtube?

OneSlow5pt0
07-01-2007, 10:28 AM
If any car can get you from point A to point B, why buy an rx-7?

:slap:

The Ninja
07-01-2007, 10:44 AM
And i think removavle storage is definitely a deal breaker for me.

gtikid
07-01-2007, 12:31 PM
:slap:

:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

gtikid
07-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Not talking about the ipod, talkig about the iphone. And youtube are the only videos u can stream. And thata far from excluaive to the iphone. Ever heard of movile youtube?

You load music onto the Iphone just like how you would load music onto and Ipod, which means yes you can play MP3's. Of course Itunes will convert it into an .aac file, but it still remains an MP3 on your computer....

death®
07-01-2007, 12:39 PM
The Iphone is insane. Lets see who has one Monday morning at the office.

osnap
07-01-2007, 01:03 PM
lol @ "iPhone cant play mp3s"...

thats just plain wrong. and no, youtube videos arent the only ones you can stream - it also supports quicktime, and inherently, H.264

Maniaç
07-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Congrats fag.

NzProjeKt
07-02-2007, 12:56 AM
nice phone...

But the statement.. "it revolutionized the cell phone industry" is INSANE.

Slow Motion
07-02-2007, 04:11 AM
The Iphone is too expensive and it has very low web browsing speeds. Wait for the 2.0 version to come out if you get one. It is suppose to be more powerful. Apple was very closed minded when they made this phone you can only use Apple's music and video WTF.

TeeJay
07-03-2007, 10:35 AM
yea i played with one the other day, my gf's bosses brother bought one for 200 bucks from some guy posted up at the mall sellin them outta his trunk lol. fool couldnt even call nobody up and let me know, i woulda got 2 or 3 lol

Dracc
07-03-2007, 12:44 PM
i'm not paying 600 for a fone that i will never use like the commercial.. who is gonna have time really to actually sit there and use ALL of its features... i'm gonna stick with what i have... and if i really wanted one i'd go down town on peach tree and wait for a crack head to sell me one for 10 buck... peace