PDA

View Full Version : D series to D series swap???

JDMJAYDC2
06-29-2007, 01:48 PM
ok i have a question that me and jdm_ek4 have been going back in forth on could i swap out my crappy d15 for a d16z6 motor ? i have never seen D series to D series swap mounts or axles im not even sure how this would work my engine is ok excellent on gas!!! but i want some speed to it as my teg is down due to a cracked block!!!! Has anyone ever swapped out a D series for a vtec D series motor??

1SOL2NV
06-29-2007, 02:04 PM
use z6 mounts which stock ex civic mounts will work ... . z6 axles and a s20 tranny and a ex wire harness with a p28 ecu or a chipped po6 ... its a completely idiot proof swap my man ... pretty much everything is there for you already except the vtec wiring ... er thing else is pretty much the same ....

lsxtreme
07-26-2007, 04:49 PM
why dont you just slap in a jdm d15b that will getcha going and or you can pick up my motor when its a it's a LS :)

cactusEG
07-26-2007, 05:30 PM
if ur ganna swap go B. but the D to D should just fall in place

JDM onlyy
07-26-2007, 05:35 PM
ok i have a question that me and jdm_ek4 have been going back in forth on could i swap out my crappy d15 for a d16z6 motor ? i have never seen D series to D series swap mounts or axles im not even sure how this would work my engine is ok excellent on gas!!! but i want some speed to it as my teg is down due to a cracked block!!!! Has anyone ever swapped out a D series for a vtec D series motor??

Yeah, lots of people swap D's to another D. I just swapped my d15b1 to a d15b7 with a z6 head on it. You don't have to swap the whole engine, you can just swap the head off...which is called a mini-me. Just gotta find a z6 head and pop the oil control jet off and then slap it on and the wiring for vtec and get p28 ecu and you should be good. :goodjob: They have higher compression then z6 btw.

bigdare23
07-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Some of these post are over the top.

Anyways, I forgot if your hatch was mpfi or dpfi. If its dpfi, you will need to rewire your car to mpfi (google mpfi swap), or send your harness to rywire.com (much easier and pretty cheap too). If your car is already mpfi don't worry about this section.

As for installing the motor, it should drop in. Just make sure if you change your tranny its a cable tranny or your going to have up some more money for an adapter piece.

For vtec you have two options, keep your car obd0 and run it using a pm6 (I believe that's the 88-91 Si ecu) and msd controller to engage vtec, or you can convert your car over to obd1 and use a p28.

hopefully this helped.