PDA

View Full Version : Misc dieting/weight loss thread?

2.0civic
06-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Anyone have a successful Diet regiment? Im kinda on the go all the time and as bad as it sounds, i dont have alot of time to actually work out anymore until i get home and by then im dog tired already.

I stay between 165-175 not really trying but now that summertime is here, i want to cut back down and lost some of the surface fat covering my 6 pack and some of the love handles lol

anyway, anyone have any tips or suggestions?:D

Sammich
06-28-2007, 02:36 PM
alot of crunch/ab excercises and aerobics. i do alot of crunch/ab excercises, but i need to get some bicycle tire tubes so i can do bike riding to get my aerobics in.

2.0civic
06-28-2007, 02:40 PM
yeah. lol. i need to start doing those again..

We used to do big 21's when i wrestled...21 push ups, roll, 21 sit ups, roll 20 push ups, Etc. Down by one everytime...shit was intense

Sammich
06-28-2007, 02:45 PM
21 push ups..'roll over'???

Spectic Tank
06-28-2007, 03:29 PM
alot of crunch/ab excercises and aerobics. i do alot of crunch/ab excercises, but i need to get some bicycle tire tubes so i can do bike riding to get my aerobics in.

That won't get rid of any fat.

If you want to lose fat then it's all about your calorie intake. Monitor how many calories you eat in a day and then cut that number by 500 (depending on how much weight you want to lose). If that's not giving you the results you want then cut calories again.

Cardio will help you burn calories as well. It's best to do your cardio in the morning before breakfast(or any time when you have an empty stomach). If there is no food for your body to burn then it will go straight to your stored fat cells and begin burning those.

You used to wrestle and you don't know how to cut weight? all I did during wrestling season was diet.

Sammich
06-28-2007, 03:37 PM
yea i know that about cardio and being hungry, i've learned that by mistake. it's proven no doubt.

2.0civic
06-28-2007, 03:38 PM
That won't get rid of any fat.

If you want to lose fat then it's all about your calorie intake. Monitor how many calories you eat in a day and then cut that number by 500 (depending on how much weight you want to lose). If that's not giving you the results you want then cut calories again.

Cardio will help you burn calories as well. It's best to do your cardio in the morning before breakfast(or any time when you have an empty stomach). If there is no food for your body to burn then it will go straight to your stored fat cells and begin burning those.

You used to wrestle and you don't know how to cut weight? all I did during wrestling season was diet.
yeah, when i wrestled it was RUN RUN RUN RUN. I now have fucked up knees and cant run 10 + miles a day anymore (freshman year i was 5'2'' 101 lbs....) im now 5'11'' lol so i dont want to get down that low again

Spectic Tank
06-28-2007, 03:43 PM
yeah, when i wrestled it was RUN RUN RUN RUN. I now have fucked up knees and cant run 10 + miles a day anymore (freshman year i was 5'2'' 101 lbs....) im now 5'11'' lol so i dont want to get down that low again

Try swimming, it is the best cardio workout and there is next to NO impact on the joints.

We ran all the time when I wrestled but that was only for endurance, not for weightloss(well sometimes for weightloss). Diet should be your biggest concern when trying to lose fat.

ruah_23
07-05-2007, 12:52 PM
1. Set up a goal. You can start by calculating ur BMI(Body mass Index) Here:
http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/bmicalculator.aspx. Set it for every 2 wks or every months depanding on ur daily activities.

2. Start eating right. Some of you might disagree, but you can start counting calories,fat cal ect ect on the food you eat. Write it down in a notepad and read it at the end of the day. By the time u read it, trust me you will be wary on what u eat next time.

3.Start working out. Running work out good for me. Start working out the moment you woke up during ur day off.

Here's the basic of what I can think off. Gd luck!

2.0civic
07-05-2007, 12:53 PM
1. Set up a goal. You can start by calculating ur BMI(Body mass Index) Here:
http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/bmicalculator.aspx. Set it for every 2 wks or every months depanding on ur daily activities.

2. Start eating right. Some of you might disagree, but you can start counting calories,fat cal ect ect on the food you eat. Write it down in a notepad and read it at the end of the day. By the time u read it, trust me you will be wary on what u eat next time.

3.Start working out. Running work out good for me. Start working out the moment you woke up during ur day off.

Here's the basic of what I can think off. Gd luck!

thanks for the helpful info man:goodjob:

2.0civic
07-05-2007, 12:55 PM
What does it all mean?

BMIWeight Status
Below 18.5Underweight
18.5 - 24.9Normal
25.0 - 29.9Overweight
30.0 and AboveObese

A BMI of less than 19 indicates you are underweight. A BMI between 20 and 24 is usually considered normal. A person with a BMI of 25 to 29 is considered overweight, and a person with a BMI of 30 or above is considered obese. Obesity is associated with an increased risk for heart disease, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases.

interesting

ep9716
07-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Eat Right...Dont Fucking Over EAT! And Have Lots A Sex...Or Run If Your Gay.LOL
JK

I Just Eat Right And Run Here And There....

ruah_23
07-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Eat Right...Dont Fucking Over EAT! And Have Lots A Sex...Or Run If Your Gay.LOL
JK

And Run Here And There....

so u are GAY?!:lmfao:

Oh I forgot..
www.calorieking.com (http://www.calorieking.com)

and try this for a fact!

1 Lb= 3500 KCAL

To determine ur resting energy expenditure(amount of energy required to mantain life)

Age 18-30 6.95*weight+679

so mine will be 6.95*162=1125.9+679=1804.9 KCAL

Calories+activitiy factor.

Activity factor

Very light-classroom sessions,standing,driving,riding bus,rehab = 1.3
Light-Walking =1.6
Moderate-Carying equipment,jogging,pool drills,PT withougt gear= 1.7
Heavy-Walking/jogging ingear,running for time= 2.1
Exceptional- =2.4

so u can calculate it the calories u need by
REE=Calories u need to be alive* the Activity factor
Eg; 1804.9KCal*1.7=3068.33 KCal

ep9716
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM
so u are GAY?!:lmfao:

Oh I forgot..
www.calorieking.com (http://www.calorieking.com)

and try this for a fact!

1 Lb= 3500 KCAL

To determine ur resting energy expenditure(amount of energy required to mantain life)

Age 18-30 6.95*weight+679

so mine will be 6.95*162=1125.9+679=1804.9 KCAL

Calories+activitiy factor.

Activity factor

Very light-classroom sessions,standing,driving,riding bus,rehab = 1.3
Light-Walking =1.6
Moderate-Carying equipment,jogging,pool drills,PT withougt gear= 1.7
Heavy-Walking/jogging ingear,running for time= 2.1
Exceptional- =2.4

so u can calculate it the calories u need by
REE=Calories u need to be alive* the Activity factor
Eg; 1804.9KCal*1.7=3068.33 KCal

Good One LOL....Nah Just Saying You Dont Really Need All That Shit(Pills And Diets And What Not) Its Just Self Control Eating Right And Get Exercise And By Exercise I Mean :idb: