PDA

View Full Version : For Anyone having issues with an autometer/aftermarket tach

Z U L8R
06-28-2007, 10:29 AM
For anyone having issues with an autometer/aftermarket tach on a DIS system (distributorless ignition system)

i tried the tach adapter ($75) and could never get it to work my tach, i connected the autometer tach's signal wire to the tach wire off the ecu...don't do that it'll pop the resistor in 2 seconds. so in searching for a new tach reference to tune the safc2 off of, you can put an safc2 on either of the 120degree cam angle sensor wires that go to the ecu and it'll read rpm no problem, you can also hook up your autometer tach to the same wire and it'll read ok, BUT at high rpms the signals overlap and your autometer tach'll read all goofy. so here's the solution

$30 msd part #8918 , it's about the size of your thumb from tip to knuckle, way smaller than the tach adaptor, it's half the price, and it works perfectly.

clip that on the wire that powers your ignition coils, give it the ignition power, the ground, and connect the green signal wire to your signal wire for your tach, and voila.

2.0civic
06-28-2007, 10:34 AM
nice find