PDA

View Full Version : H23 in a sol

1SOL2NV
06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
guys give me your opinion on this ... i want something better than a d series now . lol :D .. and everybody and there mother has b18 and b16's in the sols ive seen .... so i want to be a lil different .. i recently purchased a h23a1 Dirt cheap .... and well i read the specs on it and i dont see this swap done in a sol .. wut yall think ... opinions are welcome :goodjob:

cactusEG
06-27-2007, 05:16 PM
fuck the F go H22

1SOL2NV
06-27-2007, 05:33 PM
well i was thinking since i bought the H23 .. and the blocks are the same .. jus change the pistons ,rods,crank and pretty much have a h22 .. without spending over 900 $ ... deck size bore an er thing is the same as a h22a .

redciv1
06-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Do you mean you want to slap a h22 head on the h23 also because yes you can interchange parts but what about that little thing VTEC?
An F/H in a Del Sol is the same as any 92-95 Civic with a H swap. Just look for motor mounts and stay away from the $99 EBAY mounts. I think HaSport has a kit and some others out there. You are going to get a lot of people that talk about weight of H22 vs. B-series and that you will have severe understeer and all that stuff. Just research but if you do go with the H22 make sure you have a well done suspension, meaning don't put the H22 in the Del SOL on stock springs. Something stiffer and preferably height adjustable would be good. A little stiffer strut will work also. I say do it. :goodjob:

1SOL2NV
06-29-2007, 02:08 PM
dont want vtec:screwy: ... and im running tokico blues with some ebay coilovers right now .. thinking about running with some tien coilovers ... wut suspension setup u think i should run .. im iffy on the ebay springs .. dont think they will perform good on this swap at all ... but i do have faith in the tokico's lol .... LMK

redciv1
06-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Not sure spring wise. What is funny is that usually the ebay springs are really stiff. The cb7 I bought has some on there and spring rates are 650 I believe for front and rear. Waaaaay to stiff. You definitely won't something stiffer and it will be up to you whether you go with a static drop or coilovers. For static drop I have only had experience with Neuspeed green Sport springs. Nice ride. A buddy of mine started with Neuspeed Sports above, then, Tein coilovers(basic) and is getting ready to put Ground Controls on now. It's up to you and driving style mostly.

1SOL2NV
06-29-2007, 03:55 PM
lol id like to use the ebay ones ... bcuz they are stiff as shit ... .. but wut i want to know is this ..... how much heavier is the H compared to the B .... in lbs. this might be a shitty swap .. but i want something different for the wow effect and nice power n/a ya know ....

Ludester
06-29-2007, 05:05 PM
it's really not that much heavier. Watchout for your oil pan because if the h series is not in a prelude or an accord then the oil pan tends to sit a little lower than one would like.

redciv1
07-03-2007, 10:30 AM
You know off hand not sure about weight either. I want to say around 100 lbs or so but really not sure. That is correct on the H22 oil pan especially if you have lowered springs. I really considered the swap in my last EJ, but I sold the EJ and bought a CB7 to put the H22 into. Once I am done I am going to find another EJ and build up my ole motor for turbo. Best bang for buck to me. But you are headed in the right direction by finding out before you do the swap.

si_speed
07-04-2007, 04:25 PM
H23 is a great engine for boost (even better if you sleeve it and put forged pistons nad rods ;)) and an H22 is a good N/A application, but as for a del Sol, thinking the most benificial, I'd go with a GSR B18 because it can really go either way and has some of the best aftermarket support.

FCC_Newbie91
07-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey guys. Ima noob so dont bash me but what is a CB7?? lol. Jus wonderin. I noticed ya'll talkin about it. Thanks.

an0therh22
07-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Hey guys. Ima noob so dont bash me but what is a CB7?? lol. Jus wonderin. I noticed ya'll talkin about it. Thanks.cb7s are the older accords. cant remember the exact year but its like 91-93.