PDA

View Full Version : window problem on crx

SLPR
06-26-2007, 10:16 PM
okay this is a repost from the GENERAL TECH thread...but i had permission from BTLFED :D ... so here goes,

i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what kinda sealant or glue to use to hold the small black clip that bolts up to the regulator, to the window glass. ive tried gorilla/rhino glue and it holds for about 2-3 days and im now tryin JB Weld (lol dont ask why) ,so im doubtin that it will work.it was a suggestion by my dad:thinking: . any suggestions are helpful and will be repped...thanks in advance

EvasiveEF9
06-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Wow...uh...

I've got a fully disassembled door at my shop, I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I can come up with, but I don't recall any glue? What did it hold together?

Oh, and BTLFED...don't worry about him. He's not QUITE as baller as people think he is. He's just fed with a bottle. LoL, BTL.

SLPR
06-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Wow...uh...

I've got a fully disassembled door at my shop, I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I can come up with, but I don't recall any glue? What did it hold together?

Oh, and BTLFED...don't worry about him. He's not QUITE as baller as people think he is. He's just fed with a bottle. LoL, BTL.
lol.
the stuff that was originally holdin in place was a thick black rubberish sealant. i guess after almost 18 years it finally gave up.

Whiteboy™
06-27-2007, 07:14 AM
it might be silicon?

StraightSix
06-28-2007, 09:29 AM
There's some stuff that I think is called Windshield Adhesive or something that I've seen at Advance. It's made my 3M and comes in a tube that looks like a caulk tube.

The stuff is essentially a black, polyurethane adhevise and should do what you need it to do.

SLPR
06-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Advance huh? i think i might go pick me a tube and give it a try. ill let u kno the outcome.

StraightSix
06-28-2007, 06:29 PM
I've seen the stuff at the Advance in Clemson, so I'm 99.9% certain you should be able to find the same thing down there.

I'm thinking it may be the same thing that a friend of mine used to fill in the gaps of his rubber engine and transmission mounts to make a ghetto polyurethane mount. I'll have to check on that though, I only did the labor to get his ZC in the car, he did the stuff with the mounts.

SLPR
06-29-2007, 07:16 PM
haha no need to buy none. it seems kinda weird but the JB Weld my dad suggested turned out to work perfect. its holding real strong. i let it sit for a couple days just to make sure its hardens just right. hopefully itll hold for a long time. no promises tho. but thanx for the suggestions, and if the jb weld doesnt hold up, ill let yall kno.