PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on whether i'm right or not

Evil Goat
06-26-2007, 08:55 PM
ok....i traded in my trailblazer earlier this month on the gto...

long story short, i got the gto on June 4th, the dealership asked for either a 10 or 20 day payoff, i dont remember to be honest, on my trade in, and now my bank has finally recieved the payoff check today, 22 days later leaving me with two things

1. more $ owed than the payoff that they requested ($37.93 to be exact)
2. and a late payment fee of $18.56

meaning i had to pay another $50'ish out of my pocket to release the title to the dealer

am i wrong for contacting the dealer and demanding my $50 back? or in the least the $18.xx late fee?

p.s., i still haven't recieved my damn title transfer paperwork either so i can get my damn tag transferred to the new car, i have until july 3rd on the temp tag....shitty ass atlanta dealers

KPowerEP3
06-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I work in a dealership in sales, and I say that you should DEFINATELY expect your money back from the dealership as far as the late fees, at the point you trade vehicles, it is THEIR responsibilty to ensure that the trade is payed off in a timely manner. As far as your registration, just give them time, most dealers only employ one title clerk, and they're usually way overloaded. Normally, it'll take 3 weeks or so, and if you don't have your reg. card by the time your temp strip expires, just go up there, ask for the title clerk and talk to them, and they'll usually get on your shit and give you a temp tag extension. Good luck :goodjob:

BTLFED
06-26-2007, 09:27 PM
I voted one.

But also agree with three.

Evil Goat
06-27-2007, 07:24 PM
well damn, dont everyone post at one time now

ep9716
06-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I voted one.

But also agree with three.

X2 :yes:

koukis14
06-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Anyone who works or has worked at a dealership knows that if you have been wronged and bitch loud and long enough you will get your way...I would demand a we owe for a free detail too.

Humphrizzle
06-28-2007, 09:18 AM
tell them they should owe you 1000 dollars because you deserve it.

then they punch you in the throat.

you die.

2.0civic
06-28-2007, 09:20 AM
is this multiple choice?

Fuck them, thats their problem but its also your credit too. Which stealership was it?

Shawna
06-28-2007, 12:34 PM
they have a reinburse you for that money if not you can report them

Nissangeek
06-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Burn down the dealership

Take the good cars

End of story.

nunyadamnbiz
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
I agree with #2, I too sold cars for many years at a dealership in NY, and we usually ask for a 10 day payoff...when you traded in that truck for the goat, that car is now their car to deal with...i would contact the title clerk see what they can do, and contact a rep from the loan company and fax them any info you can showing that you were not responsible for that car anymore, you signed over the paperwork when you traded it in right...demand your money back for this...or oil changes for a year, or something worth at least 50 bucks....

thepolecat
06-28-2007, 06:21 PM
I misunderstood the question because you asked if you were wrong and I answered NO, then read a bit more. Add me to the Yes, fuck them list

Evil Goat
06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
werd, i emailed them 2 days ago, and still no repsonse, i wont really have time to sit down during the day to call until monday due to working out of town this week, so i may go apeshit on them if this queer doesnt return me inquiry

starting to think that driving to atl looking for the best deal wasnt that great an idea after all