PDA

View Full Version : General Chat EVO clutch job

wunquikser
06-26-2007, 11:59 AM
heres the deal..the clutch is going out on my brothers EVO 9...is slipping real bad...ill be in 5th gear and cruising and step on gas a little and it already be slippin..EVO is all stock!..how long would it take to complete the job..

just want to know wat would be a good route to go...either

take it to a shop..dunno how much they would charge??

or

do it myself..i work on nissan so im a nissan guy...did plenty swaps and not sure if i could trust myself on doing one on an EVO..

RedSuns
06-26-2007, 12:20 PM
if you have never done an EVO clutch job then do not tackle it yourself. Without ALL of the proper tools you will regret attempting it and you will find yourself with more downtime on the car then expected.

Ed
06-26-2007, 12:24 PM
well i dont know details on how to do it yourself...

but labor is usually 6-8 hours on most shops around town. Topspeed does it for a good price. Also, Dyno4mance up in calhoun does it really well, and for a good price as well.

All i can say is, if you've never worked on an evo, i wouldnt recommend doing it yourself because when mine was changed, there was a lot of trouble, so.

As far as what clutch to get, you cant go wrong with ACT. It's good up to 450awhp i believe. I have a Exedy Stage 1 in my car, which basically holds up to 450awhp as well.

I have no complaints for my clutch, but everyone swears for the ACT.

TopSpeedInc
06-26-2007, 12:28 PM
heres the deal..the clutch is going out on my brothers EVO 9...is slipping real bad...ill be in 5th gear and cruising and step on gas a little and it already be slippin..EVO is all stock!..how long would it take to complete the job..

just want to know wat would be a good route to go...either

take it to a shop..dunno how much they would charge??

or

do it myself..i work on nissan so im a nissan guy...did plenty swaps and not sure if i could trust myself on doing one on an EVO..

Here is a very common setup most of our customers go with.

- ACT Street Disc Clutch Kit - $499.99
- (3) Redline MT90 Trans Fluid - $30.00
- (1) Valvoline 85w 140 - $7.99
- Labor (Package Discount) - $504
- Shop fee - $5.00

Total $1046.98

In and out in one day. Only thing that would determine more costs would be a damaged flywheel. Which cost $50.00 for resurfacing or more for a replacement.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help you out.

Tray M

wunquikser
06-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Here is a very common setup most of our customers go with.

- ACT Street Disc Clutch Kit - $499.99
- (3) Redline MT90 Trans Fluid - $30.00
- (1) Valvoline 85w 140 - $7.99
- Labor (Package Discount) - $504
- Shop fee - $5.00

Total $1046.98

In and out in one day. Only thing that would determine more costs would be a damaged flywheel. Which cost $50.00 for resurfacing or more for a replacement.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help you out.

Tray M

i just need to go with a stock clutch..car is still stock..no plans off adding any mods any time soon..where you located?? do you have any payment plan available..kinda on a budget..thanks alot

TopSpeedInc
06-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't suggest a stock clutch. I've had customers with brand new cars with 1200 miles ruin them. But I will give you a price for it Mitsubishi OEM Clutch kit $379.99

No payment plans sorry.

Ed
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
^^ what he said...

stock clutch will go out very quickly... mitsu put it in there weak like it is as a "safety" device for your transmission.

go with act or exedy, you wont regret it.

wunquikser
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
$120 difference..i mite as well go with the ACT then..well ill let my brother know and we'll c about coming to see yall..

TopSpeedInc
06-26-2007, 01:21 PM
$120 difference..i mite as well go with the ACT then..well ill let my brother know and we'll c about coming to see yall..

Looking forward to it!

DRFTR
06-26-2007, 01:59 PM
tell me the clutch you want or get the clutch you want and contact me...
-dave

Vteckidd
06-26-2007, 02:05 PM
i have a Exedy Stage 1 clutch in stock WITH FLYWHEEL that we are asking DIRT PRICES!

PM me.

We can do the labor too