PDA

View Full Version : Misc Chris Benoit and his family found dead

The Ren
06-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks to WWE.com
STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayetteville County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit (http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/chrisbenoit/), his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Kyle
06-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Just heard about this but it didnt say what wrestler it was. Damn thats terrible.

The Ren
06-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah.. Very very sad... such a talented guy.. so horrible..

Eazyevtec
06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Wow.Wonder what happened..

Kyle
06-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Wow.Wonder what happened..
They died.

Eazyevtec
06-25-2007, 07:35 PM
They died.

Thanks to WWE.com
STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayetteville County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit (http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/chrisbenoit/), his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Smart Ass..

Hulud
06-25-2007, 07:36 PM
They died.
lol thats so fucked up, but i still laughed.

is that bad?

Hulud
06-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Smart Ass..
dont get mad, you asked the question LOL

Big_V8
06-25-2007, 07:37 PM
wow everyone on there is dying

cactusEG
06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
damn that shits sad, i wonder what went down ?

Kyle
06-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Smart Ass..
Lol. As Hulud said, you asked.

Kyle
06-25-2007, 07:40 PM
wow everyone on there is dying
Who else has died?

Eazyevtec
06-25-2007, 07:42 PM
dont get mad, you asked the question LOL
I Know they died. but nobody knows how at the moment..Thats what im wondering.:goodjob: Catch up...

Hulud
06-25-2007, 07:49 PM
I Know they died. but nobody knows how at the moment..Thats what im wondering.:goodjob: Catch up...
it was obvious what the fuck you meant, you just left it too broad so kyle made you look dumb :lmao:

*edit*
my first guess is wrong, they were NOT shot

maybe it was CO2 poisoning or something cool like one going crazy and poisoning the family and then themself

Evil Goat
06-25-2007, 07:52 PM
lol @ wrestiling news.......like someone actually gives a fuck

The Ren
06-25-2007, 08:37 PM
ajc said they are invesigating a murder suicide

OneSlow5pt0
06-25-2007, 08:39 PM
i give a fuck

SPL_Jetta
06-25-2007, 08:41 PM
lol @ wrestiling news.......like someone actually gives a fuck

yea, 10 million fans give a fuck

Evil Goat
06-25-2007, 08:50 PM
my apologies to the rest of the trailer park

Extrememustang
06-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Have respect

Evil Goat
06-25-2007, 09:05 PM
kiss my ass.....this is what i have respect for....
http://www.trueblueliberal.com/wp-content/photos/casket08.jpg

not some overglorified canadian monkey "sports entertainer"....is it sad he's dead? no, not really, death is all around us....i have tons of actual favorite sports figures, but am i going to cry if they turn up dead? not at all.....

BB6dohcvtec
06-25-2007, 09:28 PM
wow and their are several wrestlers who before entering wrestling served in the armed forces so please keep the insensitive comments to yourself on this one, i know this is a forum and you have the right to your own opinion but a man and his family are dead, so how would you like if you and your family died and people go around and be like who gives a fuck. and what are you talking about the trailer park we live in Georgia almost every other state outside the south think we are one big trailer park and you sir with your insensitive ass comments continue to live up to the stereotype. thanks :2up:

koukis14
06-25-2007, 11:22 PM
I hate wrestling but that sucks. When I hear stories like this I almost hope they were murdered by an intruder or died by accident, not murder suicide. I would not want to imagine what a family goes through when being murdered by a mom or dad.

OneSlow5pt0
06-25-2007, 11:23 PM
I hate wrestling but that sucks. When I hear stories like this I almost hope they were murdered by an intruder or died by accident, not murder suicide. I would not want to imagine what a family goes through when being murdered by a mom or dad.

and i belive his son had a mental disorder,but i could be wrong.....o,well guess we will know more later.

koukis14
06-25-2007, 11:26 PM
kiss my ass.....this is what i have respect for....
http://www.trueblueliberal.com/wp-content/photos/casket08.jpg

not some overglorified canadian monkey "sports entertainer"....is it sad he's dead? no, not really, death is all around us....i have tons of actual favorite sports figures, but am i going to cry if they turn up dead? not at all.....

I agree with you to a point, but I don't not care or call the dead people monkeys. I don't get all choked up when I see rich/famous people die like I do when I have to see a dead soldiers family on tv.

koukis14
06-25-2007, 11:27 PM
and i belive his son had a mental disorder,but i could be wrong.....o,well guess we will know more later.

When I see shit like this I think young child...probably because I have one. It is still fucked up.

koukis14
06-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Never mind, apparently his son is 7 and they were all murderd.

PRiMAdonna
06-26-2007, 01:49 AM
my guess is that it was a murder/suicide by the husband...from just taking into consideration all the events that led up to this with him cancelling his appearance on TV due to a "family emergency".
but the news said no one was shot, so im not really sure how they died.

sleepys4
06-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Like u said it was a two counts of murder, then suicide. By strangling i believe. Thats what the neighbors said, a friend of mine. He always has been crazy, i met him like 4 years ago at publix in peachtree city. Just a odd person, very different towards his family.

TIGERJC
06-26-2007, 04:18 AM
Like u said it was a two counts of murder, then suicide. By strangling i believe. Thats what the neighbors said, a friend of mine. He always has been crazy, i met him like 4 years ago at publix in peachtree city. Just a odd person, very different towards his family.
:yes: he was very odd

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 07:43 AM
MY GRANDFATHER WAS A WRESTLER BACK IN THE DAY... BACK WHEN IT WAS REAL AND THEY HAD GOLDS IN THEY MOUTH FOR A REASON LOL

EL MONGOL GRRRRRRRR

1000cckiller
06-26-2007, 07:50 AM
he came off the top rope and head-butted them

Evil Goat
06-26-2007, 07:54 AM
wow and their are several wrestlers who before entering wrestling served in the armed forces so please keep the insensitive comments to yourself on this one, i know this is a forum and you have the right to your own opinion but a man and his family are dead, so how would you like if you and your family died and people go around and be like who gives a fuck. and what are you talking about the trailer park we live in Georgia almost every other state outside the south think we are one big trailer park and you sir with your insensitive ass comments continue to live up to the stereotype. thanks :2up:

name them then smart ass...

:lmfao: jesus son, dont take it so personal.....p.s. benoit was canadian, he didnt fight for my freedom, so fuck him, and fuck the rest of canada for that matter, i wouldnt expect people outside my immediate family to give a fuck if a family member died, i wouldnt expect sympathy or help from anyone....so again, who gives a fuck?

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 08:00 AM
BLAME CANADIA

Shawna
06-26-2007, 08:11 AM
all it says is that it didnt involve a gun

1000cckiller
06-26-2007, 08:20 AM
as I said he flew through the roof head first and did his little head but thing. But somewhere a gun or weapon had to be involved for him to kill himself.

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 08:26 AM
maybe he head butted himself to death

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 08:40 AM
ok ok ok I got it

so he did a crippler crossface on his self right, until he submitted, but there was no ref to see tap out so it was MURDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1000cckiller
06-26-2007, 09:05 AM
ok ok ok I got it

so he did a crippler crossface on his self right, until he submitted, but there was no ref to see tap out so it was MURDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlol. boy ya a damn fool.

Hulud
06-26-2007, 09:18 AM
he probably choked out his wife and son

Hulud
06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
ok wait wait, he was practicing wrestling with his family

he did the "suicide dive" move on both at the same time, killed them both instantly and obviously himself hence the name "suicide dive" and if you dont knwo what that is check here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_wrestling_aerial_techniques#Suicide

BB6dohcvtec
06-26-2007, 10:47 AM
name them then smart ass...

off the top of my head i can name one Bobby Lashley and he actually served during the initial invasion to iraq

Evil Goat
06-26-2007, 10:51 AM
off the top of my head i can name one Bobby Lashley and he actually served during the initial invasion to iraq

congratulations, google thanks you for your patronage

1000cckiller
06-26-2007, 10:52 AM
off the top of my head i can name one Bobby Lashley and he actually served during the initial invasion to iraqBy the way your sign should say 2007 champions.

BB6dohcvtec
06-26-2007, 10:54 AM
:lmfao: jesus son, dont take it so personal.....p.s. benoit was canadian, he didnt fight for my freedom, so fuck him, and fuck the rest of canada for that matter, i wouldnt expect people outside my immediate family to give a fuck if a family member died, i wouldnt expect sympathy or help from anyone....so again, who gives a fuck?

who sounds like they are from the trailer park now :goodjob: . but on a serious note you must have a sad and pathetic life if your own friends won't offer you their support and/or help in a time where you could need them the most. I'm not saying you have to take it but they can throw it out there as a friend. so again i say thanks for following in the stereotype :2up:

BB6dohcvtec
06-26-2007, 10:56 AM
congratulations, google thanks you for your patronage

:thinking:

BB6dohcvtec
06-26-2007, 10:57 AM
By the way your sign should say 2007 champions.

yea it needs to say and 2007 national basketball champs, will do right now tho.

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 11:23 AM
ok ok so a boston crab on his son, and that straight took his lungs out, then he did the suicide dive off the top of the couch, and after that he was regaining his strength but SOMEBODY came outta nowhere and gave him some sweet chin music.. daaamn son I should be on CSI

:plot thickens:

OneSlow5pt0
06-26-2007, 11:27 AM
ok ok so a boston crab on his son, and that straight took his lungs out, then he did the suicide dive off the top of the couch, and after that he was regaining his strength but SOMEBODY came outta nowhere and gave him some sweet chin music.. daaamn son I should be on CSI

:plot thickens:

i think sting did it..he was in and out,noone saw him:ninja:

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
nigga came from the rafters yo

but who does sweet chin music??? think about it.. 1+1 = 3??

this shit aint addin up

Hulud
06-26-2007, 11:37 AM
ok, on a serious note, there is a HUGE breakthrough in the case

according to CNN.com the GBI now have a suspect in custody who confessed to the murders.

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/41/hogan.jpg

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.aggieballer.com/pictures/ME/shaved/surprised.jpg

OneSlow5pt0
06-26-2007, 11:46 AM
lol

Jaimecbr900
06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Here's the latest:
----------------------------------

Wrestler Benoit Found Dead With Family
Published: 6/26/07, 12:46 PM EDT
By DEBBIE NEWBY
FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the "Vengeance" event in Houston because of "personal reasons" a day before he, his wife and their 7-year-old son were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Details of the deaths "are going to prove a little bizarre" when released to the public, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects.

Investigators believe Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife, 43-year-old Nancy, and son Daniel during the weekend and then himself Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Ballard told The Associated Press a gun was not used in any of the deaths, but he would not say how the three died.

"We're pretty sure we know, but we want to confirm it with the crime lab," Ballard said early Tuesday.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Authorities also declined to say whether drugs or steroids were found inside the house. "We're not releasing any information as far as what was located inside the house," sheriff's Sgt. Keith Whiteside said Tuesday.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, Whiteside said investigators found "nothing really out of the ordinary." He said Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom.

Whiteside said toxicology tests could take up to a week or longer to complete.

Neighbors said the Benoits led a low-key lifestyle.

"They were nice," said Lorre Jones, who lives across the street. Her daughter Alaina said: "We would see Chris walking in his yard from time to time. He wasn't rude, but he wasn't really outwardly warm."

Jimmy Baswell, who was Benoit's driver for more than five years, placed a white wreath at the Benoits' gate Tuesday.

"I saw him with his family all the time," said Baswell. "They always seemed like they were the happiest people."

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., said it had been asked by authorities not to release further information on the deaths.

Benoit, born in Montreal, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles. His names in the ring included "The Canadian Crippler."

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the company said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit had maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling. The Fayette County Tax Assessors Office lists the value of the house, situated on more than 8.5 acres, at nearly $900,000.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name "Woman." They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of a story line on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

Benoit became a standout at an early age among wrestling prospects who trained in the dungeon basement of the house where fellow Canadians and professional wrestlers Owen and Bret Hart trained. Owen Hart was killed during a wrestling event in 1999.

"He was like a family member to me, and everyone in my family is taking it real hard," said Bret Hart, a five-time champion with the World Wrestling Federation. The federation has since changed its name to World Wrestling Entertainment.

Tasuki_Civic
06-26-2007, 12:03 PM
yea i see it on CNN rite now said he killed his fam and then hung himself. crazy ass dude. friends said that he was texting them sayin sum crazy shit and no one caught on to it

OneSlow5pt0
06-26-2007, 12:10 PM
damn..

Tasuki_Civic
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM
damn..

dats what i said

Gutling
06-26-2007, 12:13 PM
i dont believe they should have had a 3 hour tribute to him, not if he killed his family. he should have just hung himself if he wanted to be fucking stupid.

Tasuki_Civic
06-26-2007, 12:15 PM
i dont believe they should have had a 3 hour tribute to him, not if he killed his family. he should have just hung himself if he wanted to be fucking stupid.

yea agree.

Tasuki_Civic
06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
thats how fucked up america is

81911SC
06-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Well the special aired last night, before any of these details came into the picture.

OneSlow5pt0
06-26-2007, 12:19 PM
he had to have something wrong with him,maybe steroids?

Duke E. Love
06-26-2007, 12:29 PM
the average life span of a pro wrestler is getting very short. but now instead of heart attacks, its murder and them flipping out. remember lex luger killing elizabeth

Dracc
06-26-2007, 12:30 PM
hell yeah... well they say he strangled his wife... smothered his son and then hung himself in his weight room

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 01:17 PM
damn I got a text from him just yesterday (damn Sprint delays)

said if I wanted to hang out

BuBBa DRiFT
06-26-2007, 01:22 PM
damn I got a text from him just yesterday (damn Sprint delays)

said if I wanted to hang out

too bad you didnt, maybe you would have joined his family...

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 01:45 PM
HEY HOWS THAT PILL POPPIN MOMS OF YOURS BRO

TELL US SOME MORE SOB STORIES ABOUT YOUR FAGGOT ASS CATS HAHAHAHAHA

BuBBa DRiFT
06-26-2007, 02:23 PM
pill popping mom? lol just cause she killed a cat doesnt mean shes a manically depressed druggie lololol

if im not mistaken all cats are pretty gay, along with the LA Dodgers.

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 02:28 PM
MAYBE IN YOUR EYES THE DODGERS ARE GAY (EVEN THEY ARE A PRO BASEBALL TEAM?? MAKE SOME SENSE BRO)

BUT AT LEAST THEY DONT WRITE EMO THREADS ABOUT HOW THEIR BASEHEAD MOMS THREW THE CAT IN THE FUCKIN SPIN CYCLE W/ ORIENTAL RUGS LOLOL.... GO CRY A RIVER ELSEWHERE BITCH

WHATTA MORON

BuBBa DRiFT
06-26-2007, 02:33 PM
lolololol, ok dude, you win, im not even going to argue

east > west

SPL_Jetta
06-26-2007, 03:09 PM
They said it might be roid rage, which would explain it all, ive seen what roids do to people, my neighbor use to be Rick Rude, and his sone Ricky was a good friend of mine before they moved away after Rick Rude's death, he use to be huge, then at the end of the life i noticed he wasnt as big anymore, but didnt think anything of it, but thats why he became a manager.

and to Mr dumasses comments, Sgt Slaughter, Bobby Lashley, and The Big Bossman where all in the military. Just because they are wrestlers doesnt mean they are more or less human that the soldiers in Iraq, you can not like them all you want, but you have to respect them, at least they arent the ones killing the soldiers, they are the ones visiting them overseas and provide entertaininment as a little relaxation from the hard life that they live, and damn you for saying that shit about them, you are one arrogant son of a bitch, soldier or not

OneSlow5pt0
06-26-2007, 03:14 PM
They said it might be roid rage, which would explain it all, ive seen what roids do to people, my neighbor use to be Rick Rude, and his sone Ricky was a good friend of mine before they moved away after Rick Rude's death, he use to be huge, then at the end of the life i noticed he wasnt as big anymore, but didnt think anything of it, but thats why he became a manager.

and to Mr dumasses comments, Sgt Slaughter, Bobby Lashley, and The Big Bossman. Just because they are wrestlers doesnt mean they are more or less human that the soldiers in Iraq, you can not like them all you want, but you have to respect them, at least they arent the ones killing the soldiers, they are the ones visiting them overseas and provide entertaininment as a little relaxation from the hard life that they live, and damn you for saying that shit about them, you are one arrogant son of a bitch, soldier or not

yea,they havent said if thier was roids in the house,but he never looked like he did roids like alot of them u see....but who knows,

SPL_Jetta
06-26-2007, 03:19 PM
well the investigator that came on fox news said that there were roids in the house, but if he was on them was yet to be determined, but the news broadcasters and doctors are suggesting that a combination of roids and alcohol, which makes hallucenactions and voices in da head occur, which would explain a lot, but as you said, its yet to be determined, it should be interesting to see why this happened

OneSlow5pt0
06-26-2007, 03:21 PM
well the investigator that came on fox news said that there were roids in the house, but if he was on them was yet to be determined, but the news broadcasters and doctors are suggesting that a combination of roids and alcohol, which makes hallucenactions and voices in da head occur, which would explain a lot, but as you said, its yet to be determined, it should be interesting to see why this happened

o,ok...well,this is just a bad story all around

thinkfast®
06-26-2007, 03:28 PM
pharm parties are so last year, what was benoit thinkin

damn canadians

Extrememustang
06-26-2007, 03:38 PM
So he stragled his wife and smothered his son then hung himself in his gym. Say what you will but its a sad story. I odnt know if he was in a roid rage and did those then came out of it and was freaking out which led him to hang himself or what. You guys feel bad when ppl on here that get killed and some of you didnt even know the person like lets say, val and what was the girls naem a few years back that was the model on here with black hair and she was murdered and her body was left in her driveway I think. Its all sad. I was sad when a guy on here named Jerome Morgan was killed in a bike accident. You dont see ppl making fun of these ppl. Like I said wrestling fan or not. I think he did it out of berserk rage then came down and knew what he did was WRONG and would face life in jail so he took another route.Sad

PhAtBoYMr2
06-26-2007, 03:38 PM
benoit was an awesome wrestler man, even if this was to happen to a "normal" family then it's still bad news nonetheless

prayers go out to the families

BigTs13
06-26-2007, 03:51 PM
he was my fav.

sad times.

OneSlow5pt0
06-26-2007, 03:57 PM
he was my fav.

sad times.

x2, he one of my fav wrestlers,along with Sting back when their was WCW

Tasuki_Civic
06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
fuck sad...i think it was fucked up. he was selfish! he took his anger out on other peoples lives ( ie the ones he loves) and then later thought about it so he killed himself.

if he was that fuckin mad at himself he should have just hung himself or took some damn pills and left it at that. he did that crazy shit "if i cant have you nobody will" type of act and killed his son and wife. then himself.

but the way the news and some others put it. he came to realization that he (took time) killed his family after he snapped back he killed himself because hed rather die than live in jail and serve what he did.

hes a punk. his work mite have been great but that doesnt reflect on the person individually.

Evil Goat
06-26-2007, 04:18 PM
http://www.trueblueliberal.com/wp-content/photos/casket08.jpg >crazy roided up freakshow canadian bitch

/thread, does anyone else have a case of itchy nuts?

EJdm
06-26-2007, 04:51 PM
heard that on the radio this morning sad shit and how edge was saying that his son would always do warm up exercise with his dad before the show started thats sad

tony
06-26-2007, 05:02 PM
fuck sad...i think it was fucked up. he was selfish! he took his anger out on other peoples lives ( ie the ones he loves) and then later thought about it so he killed himself.

if he was that fuckin mad at himself he should have just hung himself or took some damn pills and left it at that. he did that crazy shit "if i cant have you nobody will" type of act and killed his son and wife. then himself.

but the way the news and some others put it. he came to realization that he (took time) killed his family after he snapped back he killed himself because hed rather die than live in jail and serve what he did.

hes a punk. his work mite have been great but that doesnt reflect on the person individually.

wow.. reps, best thing i've seen you post evar

04CoorsCan
06-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Actually no one knows the truth of why it happened other than Chris and his wife. Regardless of it being selfish or not...it is still sad to see someone so consumed with problems in their life that they think the only way out is to end the lives of themselves and their loved ones. I especially feel bad for the son too...poor kid prolly never knew what was about to happen.

OneSlow5pt0
06-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Actually no one knows the truth of why it happened other than Chris and his wife. Regardless of it being selfish or not...it is still sad to see someone so consumed with problems in their life that they think the only way out is to end the lives of themselves and their loved ones. I especially feel bad for the son too...poor kid prolly never knew what was about to happen.

yea,but if it was somekind of thing from the roids,then he couldnt control it...sadly he is not the first public figure to take his own life and he wont be the last.

04CoorsCan
06-26-2007, 05:42 PM
yea,but if it was somekind of thing from the roids,then he couldnt control it...sadly he is not the first public figure to take his own life and he wont be the last.

I agree....100%

Double_0_Rusty
06-26-2007, 05:47 PM
damn this is to fucked up. I met him before, a few years back at an event in ATL and he seemed cool as hell....goes to show you don't know how fucked up someone really is.

OOR.

OUTLAW
06-26-2007, 05:52 PM
WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting

Written: June 26, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit (http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/chrisbenoit/), his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

<DIV id=content-rightColumn>http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/4965616

http://www.wwe.com/images/common/ads/advertisement.gif
<DIV id=largebody-ad>DisplayAd("LargeBody");var zflag_nid="162"; var zflag_cid="2325/1730/1"; var zflag_sid="750"; var zflag_width="300"; var zflag_height="250"; var zflag_sz="9"; on error resume nextc0=IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.5"))if(c0on error resume nextc0=IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.5"))if(c0

OneSlow5pt0
06-26-2007, 05:56 PM
WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit (http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/chrisbenoit/), his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

<DIV id=content-rightColumn>http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/4965616

http://www.wwe.com/images/common/ads/advertisement.gif
<DIV id=largebody-ad>DisplayAd("LargeBody");var zflag_nid="162"; var zflag_cid="2325/1730/1"; var zflag_sid="750"; var zflag_width="300"; var zflag_height="250"; var zflag_sz="9"; on error resume nextc0=IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.5"))if(c0on error resume nextc0=IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.5"))if(c0

good find....guess we will never know what led up to the murder

JITB
06-26-2007, 06:08 PM
benoit was one of my favorite also.

anyone rememebr that match he had in WCW with kevin sullivan( the task master)that lasted for like a hour? best match ive ever seen!

its sad and fucked up what he did, but we honestly dont know what happen..

Extrememustang
06-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Yea when I was in the military I took roids and I was a big muscle bound crazy fucker. After 6 months I realized it was stupid and quit cold turkey. Doing that was one of the dumbest things I have ever done.

BB6dohcvtec
06-26-2007, 07:11 PM
http://www.trueblueliberal.com/wp-content/photos/casket08.jpg >crazy roided up freakshow canadian bitch

/thread, does anyone else have a case of itchy nuts?

i think its just you, you might want to go get that checked out. :blah:

Evil Goat
06-26-2007, 09:09 PM
i think its just you, you might want to go get that checked out. :blah:

and i think youre a homo....

koukis14
06-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Damn, that's fucked up.

The Ren
06-27-2007, 08:17 AM

I couldnt agree more.. let me play devils advocate.. in NO WAY am I condoning what he did.. I think it was sick and hainuse.. but none of us know the situation or state of mind he was in when this happened. Immediately because he is a pro wrestler everyone thinks roid rage.. but why would you go home just to kill your family. Obviously this wasnt something that was premeditated.. something snapped in him.. I honestly think there was two sides to chris benoit. One was the loving family man, the loving father everyone knew him to be, and the beloved friend. The other was a weakened man who spent 300+ days on the road, who at times probably took pain killers just to get up in the morning, and who was probably mentally and physically exhausted and detached. The latter of the two is whom I believed did this horrible deed, and realizing there was nothing left, the family beniot then ended his own life. A week or so before it was reported that Benoit went backstage after a botched ending of a match and went nuts.. that was very unlike Benoit and it turned a few heads for concern. Unfourtunatly the real reason and motive is something we will never know. We will never know his psyche at the time or his mental status. The only thing we can do is pray for the souls of his wife and child.. and wish their family the sincerest of condolences.

n2daizo123
06-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Some more info from WWE.com:
A message from the Chairman
The following message from Vince McMahon aired at the beginning of Tuesday's ECW on Sci Fi:

Last night on Monday Night Raw, the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world – entertain you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
WWE/Benoit timeline

On Saturday, June 23, Chris Benoit was slated to appear at a WWE live event in Beaumont, Texas. That afternoon, Benoit contacted WWE to inform them that his wife and child were ill, and that he would not be able to attend the show.

WWE executives rebooked Benoit’s flight for the following morning, allowing Benoit to miss the Beaumont event making alternate arrangements for him to attend the pay-per-view event in Houston on Sunday.

WWE employees attempted to confirm with Benoit his travel plans but were unable to contact him.

Early Sunday morning, between 3:51 and 3:58 a.m., Benoit sent five text messages to co-workers:

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53 a.m.) - Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53 a.m.) - Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54 a.m.) - Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55 a.m.) - Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58 a.m.) - Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Throughout the day on Sunday, WWE made numerous attempts to contact Benoit both at home and at local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11 p.m., WWE officials were unable to establish contact with Chris Benoit.

At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, June 25, WWE officials were notified of the text messages sent to the co-workers the previous day. By 12:45 p.m., WWE had contacted Fayette County Sheriff’s office requesting they check on the Benoit family.

Fayette County Sheriff's office made contact with WWE at approximately 4 p.m. advising that they had entered the house of Chris Benoit and found three deceased bodies – an adult male, adult female and a male child. WWE was told that Benoit’s home was now considered a major crime scene.

The decision to cancel the live event scheduled in Corpus Christi that night was made between 4 and 5 p.m. In keeping with company policy, and with limited knowledge regarding facts of the case, WWE choose to air a memorial dedicated to the career of Chris Benoit. As facts emerged surrounding the case, all tributes to Chris Benoit were removed both on-air and on WWE.com.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
From msn.com:
Kevin Hench wrote:
Professional wrestling is fake.

The carnage it has left in its wake is not.
Add Chris Benoit to the long list of freakishly muscled carnival attractions for whom a pro wrestling career ended tragically.

Toxicology results are pending and Benoit may well have been battling deeper, more primal personal demons when he reportedly killed his wife and son before taking his own life, but only the most naïve observer could ignore the overwhelming evidence that most wrestlers who look like Benoit have undergone countless cycles of chemical enhancement.

The prescription anabolic steroids found at Benoit's home have long been known to contribute to paranoia, depression and the violent outbursts we've come to know as "roid rage." Couple that with the near-compulsory painkillers a wrestler must take to do his job effectively after enduring countless body slams and you have a cocktail for massive, mind-altering mood swings.

The Benoit story is the latest and most tragic installment in an ongoing saga that the men who get rich promoting professional wrestling would prefer their fans didn't know too much about.

Vince McMahon wants you to think about the stars of today and tomorrow, not the cemetery of steroid-fueled bodies his "sport" has helped put in the ground. But on the grim occasion of the deaths of Nancy and Daniel and Chris Benoit, let's remember some of the other pro wrestlers who died before their time.

Ravishing Rick Rude — Died at 40 of an apparent heart attack in 1999, a bottle of prescription pills for his bad back at his side. The autopsy report said he died of "mixed medications." Rude was an admitted user of anabolic steroids.

Louis Mucciolo, a.k.a, Louie Spicolli — Died in 1998 at age 27 when he suffocated on his own vomit after ingesting massive amounts of Soma and alcohol. Investigators also found an empty vial of testosterone, pain pills and an anti-anxiety drug at the scene.

Brian Pillman — An admitted user of steroids, he died of a heart attack at age 35 in 1997 on the morning of WWF's In Your House: Badd Blood pay-per-view event.

Rick "the Renegade" Williams — Died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at age 33 after being released from his World Championship Wrestling contract in 1999.

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig — Found dead of a cocaine overdose at age 44 in his motel room on April 10, 2003, the morning of a match. Hennig's father maintained that steroids and painkillers contributed to his death.

Rodney "Yokozuna" Anoa'i — Died of a heart attack in 2002 at 34.

Davey Boy Smith, "The British Bulldog" — Died of a heart attack at age 39 on May 17, 2002. An autopsy report indicated that past steroid use had likely played a part in his death.

Michael "Road Warrior Hawk" Hegstrand — An admitted steroid user, he died of a heart attack at age 46 in 2003.

Michael Lockwood, "Crash Holly" — In 2003, at the age of 32, he choked to death on his own vomit after ingesting 90 painkiller pills.

Jerry Tuite, "The Wall" a.k.a. "Malice" — Died at age 36 in 2003 of an apparent heart attack in his hotel room.

Raymond "Hercules" Hernandez — Dead of heart failure in 2004 at age 47.

Ray "The Big Boss Man" Traylor — Found dead of a heart attack in 2004 at age 42.

Eddie Guerrero — After a long battle with painkillers, he was found dead of a heart attack by his nephew in his hotel room at age 38. The first person his nephew reportedly called was Guerrero's best friend, Chris Benoit.

Chris Candido — Died in 2005 at age 33 from a blood clot after breaking his tibia and fibula and dislocating his ankle in a pay-per-view event.

Owen Hart — Fell to his death at age 34 in 1999 when the rigging that was lowering him into the ring malfunctioned.
And then there's the story of the Von Erich wrestling family.

Wrestling patriarch Fritz Von Erich, nee Jack Adkisson, had five wrestling sons: Kevin, David, Kerry, Mike and Chris.

David died in a hotel room in Tokyo at the age of 25 in 1984 just as he was embarking on a three-week pro wrestling tour of Japan. The official cause of death was acute enteritis, severe inflammation of the intestines.

Three years later, Mike committed suicide by overdosing on the tranquilizer Placidyl at the age of 23. After David's death, Mike had suffered a series of setbacks including a serious shoulder injury that had left him severely depressed.

Devastated by the deaths of his older brothers and frustrated by his own limitations as a wrestler, the youngest and smallest brother, Chris, shot himself to death at the age of 21 in 1991.

Two years later, Kerry, who had battled a long addiction to painkillers, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the age of 33, leaving eldest brother Kevin as the only survivor of the sport that had defined his family.

And now Chris Benoit, his wife and son have been added to the long, unbearably sad list of victims claimed, in part, by the brutal chemical calculus that is professional wrestling.

There is no arguing that the physical capabilities of these massive men can provide awesome theater. When Hulk Hogan lifted the 500-pound Andre the Giant and dropped him to the canvas, it was legitimately hugely thrilling.

But keep in mind there is a price these impossibly engorged specimens are paying for your entertainment.

And the price for many of them is their very lives.

Jaimecbr900
06-27-2007, 10:17 AM

Ummm, damn it......just when I thought you had nothing but air and cob webs between the ears.....you go and make a post like this. Dang it! :D

Those are actually my thoughts too. Just because he may have been a quasi-celebrity doesn't make him any better for what he did. He committed a selfish act and murder, period. I don't care if he was the nicest guy up until then. He ended his own story with a horrific curtain call, so that's exactly how he should be treated. Not as a tragic Princess Diana she died too soon tragedy, but more like the criminal that he became. I don't care if steroids made him do it or if he was just plumb crazy. He killed 2 innocent people for God knows what reason. To me, that's just plain selfish. I wouldn't give him another ounce of airtime or homage.

Although I thought it would never happen.....I'm giving Tasuki reps for that post.

Tasuki_Civic
06-27-2007, 11:11 AM
wow.. reps, best thing i've seen you post evar

Ummm, damn it......just when I thought you had nothing but air and cob webs between the ears.....you go and make a post like this. Dang it! :D
Although I thought it would never happen.....I'm giving Tasuki reps for that post.

both of you's can kiss the meat in my asshole! be surprised about about that. :goodjob:

but thanx for the rep if you actually gave one. ;)

Tasuki_Civic
06-27-2007, 11:24 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jaimecbr900 again

Tasuki_Civic
06-27-2007, 11:25 AM
all i have to say is Oj Simpson ws great football player but did he get a celebration? i rest my case.

lol then again he spared his life.....

Extrememustang
06-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I remember yokuzano, big sumo guy and hawk from road warriors man thats crazy.

Bballjamal
06-27-2007, 12:34 PM
DAMN!!!!!! I've been so far from wrestling since '96-'98 that I had no clue all those guys had died! That's fucking crazy! I never met Chris, but I'm pretty sure I got into a road rage incident with him and his driver before in a blacked out excursion coming from mhai thai (sp?) (That Thai resturant in PTC). I can never recognize celebrities but my friend behind me said it was a famous wrestler, he just couldn't put his finger on it.

But I agree with Tasuki! Selfish act of his life problems...

coolZero
06-27-2007, 01:01 PM
There was a history of abuse.

Nancy Benoit filed for a divorce in May 2003, saying their three-year union was irrevocably broken and alleging "cruel treatment." But she later dropped the complaint, as well as a request for a restraining order in which she charged that Benoit had threatened her and had broken furniture in their home.

In the divorce filing, she said Benoit made more than $500,000 a year as a professional wrestler and asked for permanent custody of Daniel and child support. In his response, Benoit sought joint custody.

I also found two more but can't relocate them but there was an earlier incident on top of his being investigated for Steriod use - a link emerged connecting Benoit to a Florida company charged with selling performance-enhancing drugs, as the Albany County, N.Y., district attorney's office said Benoit had received deliveries from the pharmacy

Hundo®
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
my apologies to the rest of the trailer park

said the pontiac owner...

Evil Goat
06-27-2007, 07:49 PM
ahh yes, i own a domestic, therefore i must be a hick right? i started blowing up imports round about the time you were probably learning to masturbate with the creepy old man next door, try something original next time, thats where the reps are son

Extrememustang
06-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Why do ppl always say son when there done, sounds retarded. Anyways so Chris killed his wife then NEXT day killed his son?wtf

Extrememustang
06-27-2007, 08:06 PM
News Archive
Benoit’s son suffered from Fragile X Syndrome; speculation over whether pressure was too much
Written: June 27, 2007WWE.com learned from an interview conducted Tuesday by Vancouver’s News1130 that Chris Benoit’s son Daniel possibly suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, a genetically passed-on condition that results in impairments ranging from physical and learning disabilities, to more severe cognitive or intellectual disabilities.

In the interview with News1130, Pam Winthrope, whose own 12-year-old son suffers from Fragile X Syndrome, recounted how she and her husband talked to Benoit about the condition five years ago.

“We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in B.C. and in Canada; we only have a couple of them,” she said. “My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes, and then he said he didn’t want to be a public face for Fragile X. He just wanted to keep it really, really quiet.”

A source close to Benoit recalls similar conversations with him, where he described his son’s condition as “a learning disability much like autism.” This source quotes Benoit as saying “Daniel wasn’t capable of interacting with other children and was afraid of other children. Daniel also had a hard time making eye contact with everyone, which was another symptom of his disability.” Benoit also claimed that his son was on medication for this condition.

Winthrope discussed the pressures facing parents of children diagnosed with Fragile X syndrome. During her interview with News1130, she stated that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. Winthrope added, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy -- they don't tell you."

A co-worker and long-time friend of the Benoits speculates that perhaps the pressures of home and Daniel’s illness had gotten to him, causing him to snap and take the lives of his wife and son before taking his own.

“Is it possible that after Chris killed Nancy (for whatever reason), he felt Daniel wouldn't be able to get the care and attention he required as a special needs child (if that is indeed true) with no mother and a father either in jail or dead? Did he then decide that the only way he could protect and take care of his son was to take him to the next world and go with him? In his warped and twisted state, did he think this was the only way to shield his son from a difficult life of pain and hardship? It doesn't condone or justify a damn thing, but it's the best reason I can think of. I'm trying to put together some semblance of logic for his actions, but it's an impossible task trying to explain this

OUTLAW
06-27-2007, 09:06 PM
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_Rq8YF4NGUnYBcwajzbkF/SIG=12krs3u1f/EXP=1183082648/**http%3A//www.centerstagewrestling.com/media/wallpaper/benoitwp.jpgR.I.P YOU were my fav wrestler. Why didnt u just ask for help. you were loved by many n will be miss by many. why didnt u just ask for help

OUTLAW
06-27-2007, 09:09 PM
[img]R.I.P YOU were my fav wrestler. Why didnt u just ask for help. you were loved by many n will be miss by many. why didnt u just ask for helphttp://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_RqoIGINGZKIAFDCjzbkF/SIG=1248ea0jr/EXP=1183082888/**http%3A//prowrestling.d2.cz/birthdays/benoit21.jpgsorry this was the pic to go with my comment