PDA

View Full Version : General Chat turbo question

integra8705
06-25-2007, 06:43 PM
maybe it is just me but has anyone noticed that when people go boost they will either keep it for 6 or 8 months and take it off or then sell the car as a whole. i have never had a boosted car so i do not know why this happens. maybe it is just me. is their an answer to this question? i know of about 10 people that have done this.

answers now...

BTLFED
06-25-2007, 06:44 PM
My CRX has been boosted for roughly 9 years.

There is no way I am selling it.

Kyle
06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
maybe it is just me but has anyone noticed that when people go boost they will either keep it for 6 or 8 months and take it off or then sell the car as a whole. i have never had a boosted car so i do not know why this happens. maybe it is just me. is their an answer to this question? i know of about 10 people that have done this.

answers now...
IDK because its hard to maintain. I know a guy with a turbo vr6 and last I saw him his car was running horribly and a month or so later his turbo kit went up for sale. I'm sure there are other reasons too.

bigb996
06-25-2007, 07:19 PM
i think alot of people just dont do it properly and give up easily.....my wrx had 100k miles when i sold it and it was still going strong. You will always have more reliability out of a supercharger though.

integra8705
06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
so people dont want to pay to keep it running... i could see that

BTLFED
06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
so people dont want to pay to keep it running... i could see that

More like people want a steak dinner for Taco Bell prices. You gotta pay to play.

stillaneon
06-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Check and see what these people do afterwards, I bought a turboed car, added some stuff and everytime it slowly seems slow again. People get used to cars and if they are like me want to upgrade.

integra8705
06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
More like people want a steak dinner for Taco Bell prices. You gotta pay to play.
i agree with that. i love the people who expect to put on a 600 ebay turbo kit and not tune it then get pissed when their honda breaks down on the side of the road. inside reason for my post. i am thinking of going boost in the next few months (doing it right) but i dont feel like doing it if i will just sell the car like every one else. lol

BTLFED
06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Refer to my first post in this thread. I took no shortcuts.

integra8705
06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
ya i saw that. i was not talking about you. 9 years on boost you kinda have to do it right

BTLFED
06-25-2007, 08:44 PM
:D

EP3sAreFun
06-26-2007, 04:56 PM
how about just buying a car that is factory turboed?

sullen
06-29-2007, 12:11 AM
people buy the kit trying to make power, but then they never build the motor. so it ends up being unreliable. and they have a hard time tuning. a reliable tuner is a little bit of a rarity around here. the barely know what e manage is. and then when you show up with a blue e manage....they go :why the hell did you spraypaint that thing?" so boosted motor, better to build for boost. pistons, injectors, rings, rebore, bearings while everything is down, exhaust. not overly complex. timing too of course though.

sullen
06-29-2007, 12:17 AM
i agree with that. i love the people who expect to put on a 600 ebay turbo kit and not tune it then get pissed when their honda breaks down on the side of the road. inside reason for my post. i am thinking of going boost in the next few months (doing it right) but i dont feel like doing it if i will just sell the car like every one else. lol

dude, the only down side is the gas mileage. you'll love the boost. its addicting. especially on the interstate. '02 civic T25 turbo kit, blowing F-150 lightning, mustangs, and keeping with the camaro's pretty well. all with only 170 whp. now i don't know about you, but hell yea, so much smaller motor, so much less hp, but so much more fun. and the look of the domestic ass hole when you stay right on his plates, those times make it all worth while. they simply don't understand how you can keep up with "the 5.0"...and the "5.7" and "the headers! and full 4 inch exhaust" and occasionally, "K&N Cold air intake and sparco seats!"

japan4racing
06-29-2007, 12:32 AM

werd, and a turbo car is no more unreliable than a supercharged car. i have had many turbo cars. my last hatch was a 12.5 car for 2 years and the only reason why i sold the set-up was becuase i wanted to go a different route with the turbo set-up. if you buy good shit to begin with you can have a car that is just as reliable as a stock car. but these idiots that half ass there set-ups and then wonder why it breaks need to start listening to ppl with experience.

i may have spent an ass ton of money on my car but i have no doubt that its reliable and would go on a long trip with no problems. and i still get 30mpg, i can drive to the track run 12's and drive home problem free....why? becuase of the $7000 i dropped under the hood....spend your money right and you cant go wrong

Vuongy_Dong
06-29-2007, 12:53 AM
^^^ X2. learn from the people that has been thru it.

sullen
06-29-2007, 12:59 AM
yea well, in all honesty i have never actually been thru it on a turbo. i got shafted instead on my SR. i bought the cheap one with the startup warranty. but they never honored that warrantee.... so now im stuck with no money and no SR. just a beat in POS ford ranger. i swear im gonna run that shit off a cliff into the lake or something.