PDA

View Full Version : my tranny is gone and now i'm at was w/my warranty comp.

Thundercat
06-25-2007, 05:47 PM
part 1-so i was on my way home from school, got in my car to leave, and found myself stuck in the parking lot. My car wouldn't move when i put it in reverse .i reved it a little to see if it would maybe move and no luck ..

part 2-nissan declares the problem to be internal and my warranty comp. refuses to let nissan touch my car. I was recommended to a local transmission shop which has been out of business for over two years. I then went back to warranty comp. infroming them of there error. So from there i get recommend to take the car back to were i purchased it from provided it was in a 50 mile radius. it was.

part 3-i went to the dealer to check on my car...a representative told me that they will be voiding my warranty due to the fact it has been lowered....as the topic states my transmission is the problem...once again they are voiding the warranty becasue the car is lowered...what the hell...

part 4- CHECKED THE magnusson moss warranty act...they are also pointing blame on 17 wheels, intake and apexi a/f (which isn't hooked up, just wire tucked) they said all this things altered my shiftpoint causes more strain on the tranny.

my argument: 1. wheels don't affect the tranny due to the fact that manufactors offer upsized wheels from the factory on just about every model and trim..i guess they have to play with the ECU so that the increase in size offsets how the car drives...i'd hate to see what adding a spoiler to your car does...http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

. intake. probably the most common mod in the aftermarket world...i wonder how many other people had problems with there tranny after the put on an intake....once again...http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

3. if the representative knows anything about cars or could read he would of noticed that the console said air/flow converter....i'm pretty sure that this doesn't interfere with how the tranny would normally work...or at least allow me to adjust my shift point.

i plan on going around town to tranny shops and asking them if these are normal conditions of tranny wear for each of the reason they listed to me for tranny failure.

another interesting point was that nissan (who i first took the car to) declared the problem to be internal with the transmission. then a week later they list all my mods as the sole reason for failure. ...kinda sketchy if you ask me

...all input is welcome thanks in advance

MR. 200SX
06-25-2007, 06:12 PM
The dealer would look for everything they can find to void warranty. Aftermarket modifications on your part is probably on that contract you signed when you bought the car and even though none of that shit has nothing to do with the transmission there is no way in hell you are going to prove them wrong.

Thundercat
06-25-2007, 07:44 PM
well i gonna damn sure try...i've already spent 240 on a rental from thifty and 160 from uhau alreadyl....i don't intend to pay anything else out of pocket

BigBoosting
06-26-2007, 08:01 PM
law says they can only void a warranty if an aftermarket part directly caused the breakage. Like if you had a super strong clutch and the tranny broke.

you should call nissan and bitch, its illegal for them to do what they are tryign to do

Thundercat
06-26-2007, 08:59 PM
well today i got a print out from nissan stating that they diagnosed the problem and stated it to internal. They also listed parts, and a list of fees if i wanted to pay out of pocket. And last but not least it states that the warranty comp. was contacted and aware of the fact. Tommorrow i call the representative so he can attempt to support his false claims.

green91
06-27-2007, 09:02 PM
shoulda bought a toyota, youd have a new trans by now

Thundercat
06-28-2007, 12:15 AM
update ...i didnt' call my warranty rep. but i did get to speak with a transmission mech. He informed me that even if the car was lowered it DOES NOT affect the transmission.. however if the car is lowered dramatically (ie. anything that could lead to contact damage with the transmission.) and since i'm not that low or a rider ..i'm complety exempt from this.

Big J
06-28-2007, 11:37 AM
They are trying to fuck you plain and simple.

Auto or manual, 1.8, 2.0, or 2.5

prellie
07-05-2007, 01:40 AM
Not sure what you're driving, but I just had an entirely new transmission put in my 05 Sentra Spec V last week. Basically wake up, drive out of the garage and the Check Engine light comes on, starts making a strong clicking noise, then it feels like I hit a brick wall. The dealership I went to said that my transmission looked like it had been ground to a pulp. Come to find out it had been bad before I purchased but it took all this time for it to become inoperable. I've heard of a few others having tranny problems on this model so if that's your model, there you go.